I'm New To The Forum

Dr. Mom

Hello!

I'm new to the forum. I don't get to go to church anymore due to a medical internship I'm fulfilling. The semester is almost over so we'll see what next semester brings. I don't get VT-ers or HT-ers much so I am trying to get other church contact...thank heavens for the internet. Let's see....I'm a mom of 4 kids, married 17 happy years, will be a doctor after I get done with school. I don't know what else to say about me, but that's the basics! I hope to get to know a few of you soon.

Thanks!

Hello!

I'm new to the forum. I don't get to go to church anymore due to a medical internship I'm fulfilling. The semester is almost over so we'll see what next semester brings. I don't get VT-ers or HT-ers much so I am trying to get other church contact...thank heavens for the internet. Let's see....I'm a mom of 4 kids, married 17 happy years, will be a doctor after I get done with school. I don't know what else to say about me, but that's the basics! I hope to get to know a few of you soon.

Thanks!

Welcome Dr. Mom,

How are you on mom advice? LOL I have one teenager left at home, who turns 16 this week, what do you think? I'm thinkin, just HOLD ON it's almost over! And I will be FREE AT LAST! Just think of it... maybe they will give you your own FORUM here and you can answer all questions from health related to mental health.... LOL

Okay, enough with all that. Glad you are here. I hope you are able to feel connected in ways that will help you to maintain the spirit in your life while you're finishing your internship. I have a son-in-law who is at Parkland Memorial in Dallas doing his residency. My daughter has three children and it is tough on families, for everyone. I think this is a really great way to approach your absence from the ward family thing, etc...

And also let me just say... YOU GO GIRL! :sparklygrin:

Hello!

Thanks!

Hey from northern Michigan. Welcome to the forum.

f4k

Wow! I didn't expect such a warm welcome so fast! GVR- lay it on me, whatcha got that I can help with? Also, do I just post things here or do I now move to a more experienced room or??? I've never done posting before, can't ya tell? I apologize in advance if I don't check back too often. I really want to talk to everyone but I sometimes forget to check online. I guess I'd better go organize dinner before a mutiny is formed. Take care!

You will now want to post in the other forums... just click above on LDS Forums and the list of forums will come up and you can go into whichever one you want... when you want to add a comment to a "thread" just go down to the end of the last post and hit the "add reply" and a screen will open for you. After you type what you want, go down past the little icons and again click on the little "add reply" box, and viola'...you'll see your response appear as the last entry...

Garden Girl

Wow! I didn't expect such a warm welcome so fast! GVR- lay it on me, whatcha got that I can help with? Also, do I just post things here or do I now move to a more experienced room or??? I've never done posting before, can't ya tell? I apologize in advance if I don't check back too often. I really want to talk to everyone but I sometimes forget to check online. I guess I'd better go organize dinner before a mutiny is formed. Take care!

and she cooks! Whoa girl. Like I said, you GO. But don't wear yourself out too soon. Your children can't be that old yet. LOL But apparently they still require a cook? :P

Hello!

Thanks!

Welcome Dr. Mom.

I have this pain.... right about here... is it serious? :rolleyes:

Does it hurt when you touch it? If so, don't touch it, if not keep touching it. :P

:D That reminds me of a joke.

This woman (the joke was a blonde but I don't want to upset any blondes so it was just a woman) goes to her Dr. and presses her belly with her finger and says "Doc, it hurts when I press here", then presses her knee and says "and it hurts when I press here" and then presses on her head and "says it hurts when I press here. What on earth could be wrong?". The Doctor says "you've got a sore finger, don't press with it no more!" :sparklygrin:

This woman (the joke was a blonde but I don't want to upset any blondes so it was just a woman) goes to her Dr. and presses her belly with her finger and says "Doc, it hurts when I press here", then presses her knee and says "and it hurts when I press here" and then presses on her head and "says it hurts when I press here. What on earth could be wrong?". The Doctor says "you've got a sore finger, don't press with it no more!" :sparklygrin:

:::ordering shoofly a better joke::: :D

Now thats funny!!!!LOL

f4k

I'm paraphrasing here. My uncle told me this joke as if it was real.

I was talking to this lady the other day and she said she went to see the doctor because her husband was concerned about her health. He went with her and after they talked to the doctor for a while, he asked the husband to leave the room. He looked awfully concerned. The wife asked, "What is it?" The doctor says, "Your husband is a very sick man. Don't let him do anything strenuous or he will die. Make him breakfast in the morning, drive him to work, bring him a nutritious lunch, pick him up from work, don't let him mow the lawn, do the dishes, or clean anything. Make him a wonderful dinner and give him massages every night as he goes to sleep. If he does any of these things, he will die.

She walked out of the room and her husband asked, "What did he say?"

"He says you're going to die."

I'm paraphrasing here. My uncle told me this joke as if it was real.

I was talking to this lady the other day and she said she went to see the doctor because her husband was concerned about her health. He went with her and after they talked to the doctor for a while, he asked the husband to leave the room. He looked awfully concerned. The wife asked, "What is it?" The doctor says, "Your husband is a very sick man. Don't let him do anything strenuous or he will die. Make him breakfast in the morning, drive him to work, bring him a nutritious lunch, pick him up from work, don't let him mow the lawn, do the dishes, or clean anything. Make him a wonderful dinner and give him massages every night as he goes to sleep. If he does any of these things, he will die.

She walked out of the room and her husband asked, "What did he say?"

"He says you're going to die."

I'M GONNA DIE !!!!!!!

f4k fofl

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm Sam Richardson

I'm active in the Church. My wife, Clara, and I are on an Inner City Service Mission. Before that, I was on the Stake High Council for 3 or 4 years. Before that I was a Gospel Doctrine teacher, a 1st and 2nd counsellor in the bishopric, a High Priests Group leader, and almost everything else on a ward level except a bishop and clerk. I went on a mission to Mexico (Northern Mexico Mission). I'm also Vietnam veteran.

Recently, I started an LDS forum, called LDS Uplift. My son decided to start a debate forum. One non-LDS has brought up an issue that I need help on. So I assume I don't ask for help here, as this is the "I'm New" thread. I'll search elsewhere and see what I find.

Hello!

Thanks!

Welcome...I have not been on this site much lately. Call your Bishop about the VT's and HT's.