I Gave You My Promise...

Number ONE reason given by this group, and apparently representative of the other 200 and some lookers who did not post. (and of course this could have been some of us, again, just checking the thread for others comments... who will ever know for sure?)

#1 IT IS CLEAR THAT OVER 50% OF THOSE WHO RESPONDED JOINED THE LDSFORUMS.COM FAMILY TO INCREASE THE LDS POPULATION IN THE ONLINE CYBER-WARD. If not careful, we will need to split the ward soon... :unsure:

The overall response was to fellowship and have friendship with other lds members of like-mind, share experiences and discuss the gospel, learn more and this is huge... that it was a place where there would be no bashing or contention. It sounds as though we like each other. :wub:

2. To learn more about the Gospel and also to find needed support for various reasons, such as a new member would need, member wanting to understand better the teachings of the gospel, encouragement for those striving to build their testimonies, to hear others testimonies, or perhaps work their way back, etc...

3. To help others who are wanting to know more about the Mormon Church, to share our testimonies with them, help answer investigators questions and discuss the Mormon faith with those interested in actually learning, and of course without all the harassment.

Well, it is apparent that we are all here for very similar reasons. Perhaps when we look at these overall thoughts rolled into only a few, it may open up some new ideas for each of us, in how we can be more effective with the time that we do spend online. Maybe there are ways that we can reach out a little further and see what we could do to be more effective missionaries online?

You all know that this is something I have been thinking about lately, and how we could pull together and help one another...

I will pull some of the ideas off the other thread that have been posted over the last few weeks, and see if any of those ideas sound appealing to any of you?

I am still hoping to try and get something going with this forum, where we all work together to support and report our missionary efforts online, but in a great and positive way.

As always, whatcha thinkin?

HEY... I STILL DIDN'T GET MY MAT! :P

Well thanks for doing the survey gvr. These kind of things are fun. Wish more folks would particapate.

Shoofly,

You are a middle of the nighter, or would that be an early morninger ??? like me? I guess it depends on whether you ever got to bed, or if you just got up early, right? :P

Thanks for the participation. You all are great sports.

Just remember that the 17 people who participated probably looked at the thread mulitple times. :) That doesn't mean there were 200 people who ignored your conversation.

How about a separate thread on missionary experiences we have away from this board? We could set a goal to have one missionary experience per week whether on or off the Internet. Sound good? I think anytime you tell anyone what church you go to, that counts even if they don't ask more about it.

Shoofly,

You are a middle of the nighter, or would that be an early morninger ??? like me? I guess it depends on whether you ever got to bed, or if you just got up early, right? :P

Thanks for the participation. You all are great sports.

I'm an early bird for sure. I'm a morning person all the way. Best time of the day. :D

Just remember that the 17 people who participated probably looked at the thread mulitple times. :) That doesn't mean there were 200 people who ignored your conversation.

How about a separate thread on missionary experiences we have away from this board? We could set a goal to have one missionary experience per week whether on or off the Internet. Sound good? I think anytime you tell anyone what church you go to, that counts even if they don't ask more about it.

That's a great suggestion! I would love to see if we could get a permanent thread going where we could post our missionary activity offline and online. I understand there is a lot of places online that we could make connections with others not of our faith... I just need to venture out. But this is a great idea! Maybe the Mods would see IF a dedicated forum to not just "missionary work", like they have it now.... and at the bottom of the forum, BUT make it more dominant on the ldsforums.com website and put it up at the TOP in the opening box, so it is seen as ONE of the MAJOR focuses of this FORUM.

I just am not seeing that right now... are you?

Oh and thanks on the 200 thing. I figured that it was us playing the game... that were checking in on each other? I guess I should have had a better title for the thread, maybe a tricky name and not associated with missionary work. But I figure if people are willing to talk online with other members... why not talk with nonmembers? Just makes total sense to me... :blink:

I'm an early bird for sure. I'm a morning person all the way. Best time of the day. :D

I am not a morning person at all! Except when teaching early morning seminary... and then a miracle occurs! I am a night owl! I can stay up until dawn if I am reading or writing or hanging out with great people and talking. I completely lose track of time.

Okay, what do you think about keeping an ongoing discussion of our missionary experiences that we are having either online or offline on a constant thread... no pressure, but just supporting each other, etc...

I am a terrible missionary and I really think if I know I am going to be talking to you all once or twice a week and cheering you on, then I might just get inspired and become better.

So, would you be up for something like this?

Anyone out there.... would you?

If you're asking us to make a commitment to make a post every week telling if we had a missionary experience or not, I'll be honest and admit that I don't feel ready to make a commitment like that. I feel like I might end up just posting excuses or admissions of failure most of the time. I know I need to work on it a lot more.

Number ONE reason given by this group, and apparently representative of the other 200 and some lookers who did not post. (and of course this could have been some of us, again, just checking the thread for others comments... who will ever know for sure?)

#1 IT IS CLEAR THAT OVER 50% OF THOSE WHO RESPONDED JOINED THE LDSFORUMS.COM FAMILY TO INCREASE THE LDS POPULATION IN THE ONLINE CYBER-WARD. If not careful, we will need to split the ward soon... :unsure:

The overall response was to fellowship and have friendship with other lds members of like-mind, share experiences and discuss the gospel, learn more and this is huge... that it was a place where there would be no bashing or contention. It sounds as though we like each other. :wub:

2. To learn more about the Gospel and also to find needed support for various reasons, such as a new member would need, member wanting to understand better the teachings of the gospel, encouragement for those striving to build their testimonies, to hear others testimonies, or perhaps work their way back, etc...

3. To help others who are wanting to know more about the Mormon Church, to share our testimonies with them, help answer investigators questions and discuss the Mormon faith with those interested in actually learning, and of course without all the harassment.

Well, it is apparent that we are all here for very similar reasons. Perhaps when we look at these overall thoughts rolled into only a few, it may open up some new ideas for each of us, in how we can be more effective with the time that we do spend online. Maybe there are ways that we can reach out a little further and see what we could do to be more effective missionaries online?

You all know that this is something I have been thinking about lately, and how we could pull together and help one another...

I will pull some of the ideas off the other thread that have been posted over the last few weeks, and see if any of those ideas sound appealing to any of you?

I am still hoping to try and get something going with this forum, where we all work together to support and report our missionary efforts online, but in a great and positive way.

As always, whatcha thinkin?

HEY... I STILL DIDN'T GET MY MAT! :P

What mat didnt you get? thats what i,m thinkin.

:unsure:

If you're asking us to make a commitment to make a post every week telling if we had a missionary experience or not, I'll be honest and admit that I don't feel ready to make a commitment like that. I feel like I might end up just posting excuses or admissions of failure most of the time. I know I need to work on it a lot more.

No Ztodd,

Not a commitment at all, but just to talk about it and encourage each other.... and IF you happen to have a missionary experience you can share it. But I am thinking IF we did commit to at least commit to keep talking to each other and thinking about it consistently, I'm thinking that something is bound to happen??

No, I definitely DO NOT want a "guilt thread" whatsoever! I don't need more guilt in my life. LOL And that is exactly why I am thinking this just might work?? Just encouraging and cheering each other on.... you know, kind of like we already do, but sticking with it more?

Would that work for you? :huh: