Divorced in Oregon

Chandlergirl

Why does he want to get divorced because he doesnt want to live by the church's standards? Cant he stay married to you and not go to church? I know plenty of couples who have had one of them go inactive and they stay happily married. Im sure you would prefer to have your husband as inactive than no husband atall. Has he given you any other reaons why he wants a divorce?

Hey Chandler I feel your pain.

My wife decided that she didn't want to live church standards either. We were sealed in the temple also. That along with a couple other things led her to file for divorce. I didn't want it either but she was unwilling to try to work things out. We still haven't finalized things yet because we have two kids and she doesn't want to be fair in the custody. I tend to take things one day at a time. It has been over a year now with no end in sight. So the one day at a time thing helps alot. I just think of each day as being one day closer to this being resolved.

Hope that helps.

My husband doesn't want to go to church, he want's to drink and smoke, and smoke pot. He knows I don't want the smoke. He knew when we got married what I wanted and he led me to believe he was that. He's a truck driver and is seeing other women.... :(

if he's a truck driver he is subject to DOT drug testing regulations, if you know he's on the wacky weed, call into his company's safety department, they will "random" drug test him. I've been a long haul driver for nearly 5 years and have had several random tests, even one on the side of the highway, if he's on drugs, he does not need to be operating a 80,000 pound machine.... he'll kill someone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...