Requesting Some Opinions

I'm just going to buy a site, but that means I'll need moderators, Because I cannot be on all the time.

I won't make the mistake of having another Lds board though, its to tough to maintain peace. We will have a plain board with chat or something lol lol

I have asked Heather how much for this board, but still no starting price, so I'm on a venture to find a board lol lol

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... I found out for 10 dollars a month I can get a site, but I would need another administrator and a few moderators. What kind of site would it be? Should it be a religouse site or should it be different so we dont bash to much? just wondering?

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@May 28 2004, 01:40 PM

...But according to Christian theology, he was more than that...he was a god.

Well actually, in Christian theology, Jesus is not considered a god; he is God. The great "I am".

Your father Abraham was overjoyed to see my day, and he saw it and was glad.” Then the Judeans replied, “You are not yet fifty years old! Have you seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “I tell you the solemn truth, before Abraham came into existence, I am!” (John 8:56-58)

For a child has been born to us,

a son has been given to us.

He shoulders responsibility

and is called:

Extraordinary Strategist, (other translations say Wonderful Counselor)

Mighty God,

Everlasting Father,

Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6, NET Bible)

M.

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@May 28 2004, 02:57 PM

There is a 13 page thread on that site where two guys are arguing over which movie is better: Spiderman or Daredevil. And they are ten times more arrogant than anyone on this board has ever been.

It is strange that people can be so "emotional" and "sensitive" over fictional stories and characters. I'm one of them, but only with Star Trek shows. I'm a big fan of Voyager and now Enterprise and am really getting involved with these characters and stories. I'll check out the Forums section at spacecast.com and a few of the posters whine about these shows, and reading their opinions practically throws me into a panic attack...it's crazy....I'm crazy!!!! :blink::P:huh:

M.

Originally posted by Maureen+May 28 2004, 09:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ May 28 2004, 09:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LaurelTree@May 28 2004, 08:49 AM

Actually mauren she has been given that on several occassions, and I'm not the only Administrator or moderator who simply asked her to calm down.

And which mod asked you to calm down? Or are the mods exempt from being overly emotional about posts. Just because you have the power to control other posters' style of response doesn't mean you should ignore your own.

M.

Maureen, the moderators do discuss things with each other, and that includes how we deal with the problems that arise. We have all had problems with specific posters, and we talk those problems over and try to adjust our moderating style with those people.

And I also edit other moderator's posts. It is not like we don't hold each other accountable.