President Thomas S. Monson - Sunday Afternoon 178th General Conference

Heather

It makes my heart melt when men talk about how much they love their wives! I cracked up when Pres. Monson talked about his wife's note telling the kids to keep him away from the microwave ... and the stove ... and the dishwasher. :lol:

Years ago he spoke at our regional conference and he was so funny! He told us about the first time he went grocery shopping and how he couldn't figure out why the potatoes kept falling out of his cart. It was because they were going through the holes where the kids' legs go. Some lady finally took pity on him and showed him how to fix it. Hahahaha!

Even funnier, he said his grandkids asked him if they could read the letters between him and his wife. He said, "Not all of them!" :lol: That was hilarious! Apparently they said some romantic things to each other ...

Guest GhostRider

the First time i heard President Monson was during the prophets funeral. he made me laugh and cry. his story about the cane is still close to my heart. It remeinded me of a discussion my fathers doctor and i had about my dad.

the First time i heard President Monson was during the prophets funeral. he made me laugh and cry. his story about the cane is still close to my heart. It remeinded me of a discussion my fathers doctor and i had about my dad.

I love that story. Isn't that the one where the doctor told him he really ought to carry a cane? So he did...he carried it everywhere. He never used it, just carried it.