Revelation Chapter 17: Seven Heads and Ten Horns

Hemidakota

Looking at Revelation Chapter 17, there a few versus listed below. What I am curious is the Seven Heads and Ten Horns. I am looking for any statements or your feelings to what they may represent today or near future.

3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of anames• of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand afull• of abominations and bfilthiness• of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, aMYSTERY•, bBABYLON• THE GREAT, THE cMOTHER• OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the ablood• of the saints, and with the blood of the bmartyrs• of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great cadmiration•.

7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into aperdition•: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the bbook• of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

9 And here is the amind• which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

10 And there are seven akings•: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

12 And the ten ahorns• which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

14 These shall make awar• with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is bLord• of lords, and cKing• of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the awhore•, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and bburn• her with fire.

Could you post the content here on the last link? For some reason, I cannot reach from my computer. Thanks

Sure. Of course the content reflects the understanding of whoever published this web page, likewise for the other link.

Mystery of the Beast which has the 7 Heads and 10 Horns

In this important Last Days prophecy, God explains the mystery of this beast which has the seven heads and ten horns. He also says that those whose names have not been written in the book of life will be astonished when they see the beast. Therefore, those whose names are written in the book of life will not be astonished. They will not be astonished because they will know the identity of this beast and be prepared. Let’s read the passage, so we understand.

Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. … I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns. The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because he once was, now is not, and yet will come. This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for a little while. The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction. The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast. They have one purpose and will give their power and authority to the beast. …The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire (Revelation 17:3-16).

Wisdom comes from the Word of God

God says that wisdom is required to understand this mystery. When wisdom is required, the answer can be found in the Word of God, because, wisdom comes from God.

For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding (Proverbs 2:6).

Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them (Proverbs 4:5).

Since wisdom comes from the Word of God, we must search Scripture to understand the mystery.

Daniel writes about Four Beast Kingdoms

Let’s start with what we know. Daniel’s prophecies tell of four beast kingdoms that will rise on earth, three have risen and the fourth is yet to come. When the fourth beast kingdom comes, it will continue until the Kingdom of God comes on earth. Let’s read how this is written.

You, O king [babylon], are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory; in your hands he has placed mankind and the beasts of the field and the birds of the air. Wherever they live, he has made you ruler over them all. You are that head of gold. After you, another kingdom will rise, inferior to yours. Next, a third kingdom, one of bronze, will rule over the whole earth. Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron--for iron breaks and smashes everything--and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others. … In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed (Daniel 2:37-44)

'The four great beasts are four kingdoms that will rise from the earth. But the saints of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever--yes, for ever and ever' (Daniel 7:17-18)

Daniel describes the Fourth Beast Kingdom which is yet to come.

From the time of Daniel’s prophecies three beast kingdoms rose to power, they were Babylon, Media-Persia and Greece. When the fourth and final beast kingdom comes it will usher in the rise of the Antichrist. The Antichrist will be destroyed by the Second Coming of Christ. Let’s read how it is written.

He said: "I am going to tell you what will happen later in the time of wrath, because the vision concerns the appointed time of the end. The two-horned ram that you saw represents the kings of Media and Persia. The shaggy goat is the king of Greece, and the large horn between his eyes is the first king. The four horns that replaced the one that was broken off represent four kingdoms that will emerge from his nation but will not have the same power. "In the latter part of their reign, when rebels have become completely wicked, a stern-faced king, a master of intrigue, will arise. He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause astounding devastation and will succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy the mighty men and the holy people. He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power (Daniel 8:19-25).

The rise of the Antichrist from the Fourth Beast Kingdom.

When the final beast kingdom arises it will begin with ten kings. Then another king will come up among the ten and subdue three kings. This king is the Antichrist. When the Antichrist has subdued the three kings, the Fourth Beast Kingdom will then have “seven heads and ten horns.” Let’s read how it is written.

The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time. But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely destroyed forever. Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be handed over to the saints, the people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him (Daniel 7:23-27).

So, Daniel reveals that when the final beast kingdom has seven heads and ten horns, the Antichrist will be its leader and one of the seven heads.

Revelation reveals more about this final beast.

Let’s return to the mystery of the “beast which has the seven heads and ten horns.”

Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. … I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns. The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction (Revelation 17:3-8)

In addition to the “seven heads and ten horns,” we are also given several other pieces of information to help us understand this mystery. The beast comes up out of the Abyss and is destined for destruction.

Two beast kings are destined for destruction at Christ’s return.

One is the Antichrist, whose destruction is prophesied in Daniel 8:25 “he will be destroyed, but not by human power.”

The other is the False Prophet, who is destroyed with the Antichrist as prophesied in Revelation 19:20 “But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.”

Let’s read more about these two beasts.

And I saw a beast [Antichrist] coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. … He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. … Then I saw another beast [False Prophet], coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed (Revelation 13:1-15).

continued...

But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image (Revelation 19:20).

The False Prophet comes out of the earth (Abyss) with power to deceive the inhabitants of the earth and performs miraculous signs on behalf of the Antichrist to deceive unbelievers.

Paul also tells us about this.

Paul also wrote of the coming Antichrist and the influence of the False Prophet when he says that God sends unbelievers a powerful delusion.

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12).

Revelation reveals more about the king from the Abyss

In Revelation we are told the name of the king of the Abyss. The Abyss is located either on or in the earth. Because, the abyss will be opened when the star is on the earth.

I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. … When he opened the Abyss, … out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions … They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon (Revelation 9:1-3, 10-11).

The Hebrew name “Abaddon” means a destroying angel and the Greek name “Apollon” also means destroyer. In telling us these two names God is confirming the identity of the angel king. The destroyer is described extensively in the Old Testament. To understand more about the destroyer read - The Destroyer.

The destroyer is the king who will come up out of the Abyss - he is also the False Prophet. He “once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction” (Revelation 17:8).

The False Prophet and the Destroyer are one and the same.

The Seven Kingdoms of Revelation 17

Let’s return to the mystery of “the beast which has the seven heads and ten horns.”

What can we learn about the seven heads?

The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits (Revelation 17:9).

Prophecy frequently describes kingdoms as mountains. Below are examples:

Listen, a noise on the mountains, like that of a great multitude! Listen, an uproar among the kingdoms, like nations massing together! The LORD Almighty is mustering an army for war (Isaiah 13:4).

Deliverers will go up on Mount Zion to govern the mountains of Esau. And the kingdom will be the Lord's (Obadiah 1:21).

"Before your eyes I will repay Babylon and all who live in Babylonia for all the wrong they have done in Zion," declares the LORD. "I am against you, O destroying mountain, you who destroy the whole earth," declares the LORD. "I will stretch out my hand against you, roll you off the cliffs, and make you a burned-out mountain (Jeremiah 51:24-25).

Listen to what the LORD says: "Stand up, plead your case before the mountains; let the hills hear what you have to say. Hear, O mountains, the Lord's accusation; listen, you everlasting foundations of the earth. For the LORD has a case against his people; he is lodging a charge against Israel (Micah 6:1-2).

Who are the Seven Kingdoms?

The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come (Revelation 17:9-10).

At the time John was given the revelation, Rome was the kingdom in power, therefore, Rome is the one who “is.”

1. Fallen = ?

2. Fallen = ?

3. Fallen = ?

4. Fallen = ?

5. Fallen = ?

6. One is = Rome

7. Yet to come = ?

What does Scripture say about the five that have fallen? In Jeremiah 50 we find the following prophecy regarding kingdoms and kings that have scattered Israel.

Israel is a scattered flock that lions have chased away. The first to devour him was the king of Assyria; the last to crush his bones was Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon (Jeremiah 50:17).

The king of Assyria is the first to have fallen.

1. Fallen = Assyria

2. Fallen = ?

3. Fallen = ?

4. Fallen = ?

5. Fallen = ?

6. One is = Rome

7. Yet to come = ?

In Daniel we find the remaining four fallen kingdoms.

You [babylon], O king, are the king of kings (Daniel 2:37).

The two-horned ram that you saw represents the kings of Media and Persia. The shaggy goat is the king of Greece, and the large horn between his eyes is the first king. (Daniel 8:20).

Therefore, the five kingdoms that have fallen are Assyria, Babylon, Media, Persia and Greece.

1. Fallen = Assyria

2. Fallen = Babylon

3. Fallen = Media

4. Fallen = Persia

5. Fallen = Greece

6. One is = Rome

7. Yet to come = ?

The one “yet to come” kingdom is the future fourth beast kingdom.

The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings (Daniel 7:23-24).

The fourth beast kingdom of Daniel’s prophecy has ten kings and then the Antichrist arises among them and subdues three. Then the Fourth Beast Kingdom with “seven heads and ten horns” is lead by the Antichrist.

1. Fallen = Assyria

2. Fallen = Babylon

3. Fallen = Media

4. Fallen = Persia

5. Fallen = Greece

6. One is = Rome

7. Yet to come = Fourth Beast Kingdom with 7 heads and 10 horns

Therefore, the Fourth Beast Kingdom is the seventh kingdom of Revelation 17 which “has not yet come.” The Antichrist will be the seventh king since he will lead the seventh kingdom.

Let’s read how the seven kingdoms are also seven kings.

This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come (Revelation 17:9-10)

The Eighth King becomes the beast with “7 heads and 10 horns.”

Returning again the explanation of the mystery of the beast which has the “seven heads and ten horns,” we find there is even more information.

The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction (Revelation 17:11).

Remember, the False Prophet, “once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction” (Revelation 17:8).

So, how is the False Prophet an eighth king who also belongs to the seven?

Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men (Revelation 13:11-13).

The False Prophet “exercised all the authority of the first beast.” The first beast is the Antichrist and the seventh king. Therefore, when the False Prophet assumes all the authority of the Antichrist, he will become “an eighth king” since he follows the seventh. Also, “[he] belongs to the seven” because he will be one of the seven.

The False Prophet is this "beast which has the seven heads and ten horns.”

Why, last night after reading link materials, I contacted Richard Draper at the 'Y' and this is his answer: see the footnotes in my book. To understand the footnotes, I will post the content before that to draw a conclusion.

I will have to split the answer on couple posts.

Babylon the Great Revelation Chapter 17

(AN ANALYSIS OF REVELATION 17)

The Woman and the Beast (VV. 1-3)

1. And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

2. With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

3. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

To John, an angel cries: "Come hither, I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore" (v. 1, KJV). With those words, the angel invites John to take a microscopic view of the destruction of that prepossessing evil "that sitteth upon many waters." The imagery rests on Jeremiah 51:13, where the prophet describes ancient Babylon as the city that "dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasure" (KJV). The waters the woman sits upon represent "peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues" whom the harlot rules (v. 15, KJV). Little wonder that the angel calls her "great," an adjective denoting quantity not quality.

To find the harlot, they go into the wilderness. The last time John viewed the wilderness, a different woman was there-the virtuous mother, the pure church of God. Now upon his return, that woman is gone, and in her place sits another "upon ascarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns" (v. 3, KJV). The great woman reeks of prostitution and revels in sin as she urges the beast forward. But the harlot is not the master of the beast. They form a union, a mutual bond of assistance. Indeed, the beast supports and sustains the woman while the woman seduces men to honor the beast.

Some commentators speculate that the immoral woman represents the true church become apostate through the seduction of the philosophy and propaganda of the beast. They base this argument on the idea that the harlot and the woman are both in the same place, the wilderness. However, the assumption does not necessarily hold. The wilderness has a dual symbolism in the scriptures. On the one hand, it denotes a place of discipline and protection where the Lord "made his own people to go forth like sheep, and guided them in the wilderness like a flock" (Ps. 78:52, KJV). Indeed, his people "shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods" (Ezek. 34:25, KJV). On the other hand, those who are not his people shall find their habitation "a desolation, and dry like the wilderness," full of wild beasts, and the haunt of scavengers. (Zeph. 2:13.) Therefore, the wilderness may be the abode of peace, protection, and divine schooling with God's assistance, or it may be the place of desolation, desertion, and death without him. The Church is in the first place, the whore exists in the second.

The close connection between the two women, however, seems deliberate. The harlot with her beast is the reverse image of the woman with the man child. Herein stands an interesting contrast: the Church produces the kingdom of God, a heavenly society, while conversely, the kingdom of the devil produces and sustains Babylon, the degenerate society. Unlike the virtuous woman, the whore has no son; indeed, one of her most striking features is her perpetual barrenness. All her glitter and ornamentation do not hide the reality; she personifies sterility and death.

John views the period just before the end time when nearly all the world follows after the whore, committing economic, political, and religious immoralities for both pleasure andgain. By promoting her objectives, society purchases her favors; and as flatterers and sycophants, they yield to her whims. No class of society is without representation; all have become intoxicated with her lusts. As Isaiah prophesied, "They are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink" (29:9, KJV). The Old Testament uses harlotry as a symbol for inordinate wealth-getting that arises through commerce and trade. Ezekiel blasts Israel with the words: "Thou hast played the whore also with the Assyrians, because thou wast unsatiable; yea, thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied. Thou hast moreover multiplied thy fornication in the land of Canaan unto Chaldea; and yet thou wast not satisfied herewith" (16:28-29, KJV). In the last days, the inebriating wine of materialism and unchastity fills their souls; the liquor of selfishness dissipates them.

Nephi notes that the great and abominable church had its genesis just before the Lord's apostles died. Its members, called the children of the devil, removed plain and precious parts from the Bible. The purpose was to entrap the unwary in Satan's snare. They were largely effective, for Nephi sees that "an exceedingly great many do stumble, yea, insomuch that Satan hath great power over them" (1 Ne. 13:29). Then looking at the last days, Nephi notes that this same institution will dig a great pit, a kind of doorway to hell, for the destruction of men. At the same time God will work a great work "which shall be ever-lasting, either on the one hand or on the other-either to the convincing of them unto peace and life eternal, or unto the de-liverance of them . . . to the captivity of the devil" (1 Ne. 14:7). Nowhere does he identify the historical name of the great and abominable church or any of the institutions that support it.

The beast that supports the woman appears to be the monster that came up from the sea. Its color, horns, and heads are the same as the dragon's, but it is more closely associated with blasphemy. In chapter thirteen John states that the monster wore "upon his heads the name of blasphemy" (v. 1, KJV) and that he "opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name" (v. 6, KJV). The beast in the wilderness is "fullof the names of blasphemy" (17:3, AT). Clearly the beast that supports the mistress has become the embodiment of sacrilege.

This does not mean that it merely defiles and reviles the name of God. It goes even further by claiming the very attributes of deity; indeed, of being deity itself. Second Thessalonians 2:3-4 tells us that the "son of perdition . . . opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God" (KJV). The special form this blasphemy takes is the claim of savior. But the salvation the dragon offers is the momentary thrill-the cheap pleasure of the prostitute that is fleeting, empty, and immoral. The beast's seductive promises are anchored solely in the illusion that one can find happiness and security in iniquity.

Scarlet radiates from the beast and the dress of the woman. The blush reflects the essence of the dragon from which both monster and rider receive their power. But it is not the same color as that of the dragon. John described the old serpent as purros, fiery red. The color here is kokkinos,crimson blended with dark blue. A ribbon of this color, representing the sins of Israel, was tied round the neck of the scapegoat on the Day of Atonement before it was driven into the wilderness to its death. It became indirectly associated with harlotry and the deep sins of ungodly conduct. (See Isa. 1:18; Ps. 51:7.) The color stands in contrast to the white robes of the redeemed and of the gown of the bride of the Lamb (see 19:8).

Part 2:

The Great Whore Babylon (VV. 4-6)

4. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5. And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Since God directs his total wrath against theharlot, understanding what she represents is important. First and foremost, she reeks with the stench of gross immorality. The figure of the harlot is used consistently in the Old Testament to represent spiritual apostasy, the deliberate and willful rebellion against God and his covenants. This disobedience results in a kind of false worship that draws strength, momentum, and addiction from selfishness and pride.

The harlot drinks from a golden cup filled with abominations and corruption (cf. Jer. 7-8). This stands in contrast to the golden chalice held by the Levitical high priest and used in the temple for making a wine offering to God. But this is not the only imitation of holy things that John associates with the woman. Purple and scarlet comprise her clothing. These colors, along with white and blue, dominate the fabric of the veils and interior of the temple as well as the vestments of the high priest. Further, the high priest wore a mitre. Engraven upon a golden plate fastened to it were the words "Holiness to the Lord," identifying the priest as the Lord's own. The whore also wears an inscription upon her brow proclaiming her threefold status as "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" (v. 5, KJV). Unlike the high priest, she belongs to no one. No covenant ties her to one order or loyalty. She is faithful only to herself.

Through these images, John paints the picture of a priestess-harlot standing as a counterfeit high priest. The woman, therefore, represents more than rulers or nations with their attendant power (the beast's heads and its horns do that). The woman epitomizes a religious-philosophical or theological system through which men are seduced to worship the dragon. For this reason she combines elements of both the first and second beast but more especially those of the false prophet.

She bears the name: "MYSTERY." Significantly, the word not only makes up part of her name, but also stands as the leading element. The term generally refers to the most holy teachings and doctrines of God kept from the profane world. Paul speaks of the Apostles as "stewards of the mysteries of God" (1 Cor. 4:1, KJV). Only "the power of the Holy Ghost" reveals these mysteries (1 Ne. 10:19), which remain in the temple and constitute in large measure the mysteries of God. The woman represents counterfeit ordinances with their secret oaths and binding covenants, a kind of pseudoworship containing "secret combinations of murder and all manner of secret works of darkness" (2 Ne. 9:9). These are "the combinations of the devil, for he is the founder of all these things" (2 Ne. 26:22). These combinations constitute the "ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" (Rev. 17:5, KJV; cf. 3 Ne. 5:6). They also form the last part of the harlot's titles.

In the Bible the term abomination describes those things so vile that they rouse the instant wrath of God. In their worse form, they are called "the abomination of desolation" and are associated with the corruption of the temple (cf. Dan. 11:31; Matt. 24:15). Their presence in the temple causes God's spirit to withdraw, leaving the sanctuary fully exposed to destruction. In particular, the Greek form of the word bdelugma denotes idolatry and harlotry, especially when combined to create a maleficent worship (see Deut. 29:26; 2 Chr. 28:3).

This worship has its objectives: the acquisition of wealth and luxury at the expense of righteousness and decency. The whore represents those forces that move the world to wholesale adoption of the Mahanic principle. For this reason, it stands counter to the Christian objectives of service, virtue, and love. In self-defense born of a seared conscience, the whore mocks, derides, and openly persecutes the Church of God. So severe is her hatred that she is only satisfied when she can glut herself on the wine of their tears and blood.

John also identifies the woman as "Babylon." This image will be discussed more fully in chapter eighteen, but note here that the ancient city had the reputation of being the first where men combined against God with the deliberate goal of frustrating and wresting control from him. It was where a false theological system fought against the true (see Gen. 11:1-9). In the first and last books of the Bible, Babylon incarnates arrogance, pride, and insatiable corruption in opposition to God and his kingdom. It stands in contrast to the heavenly city, the New Jerusalem, where the law of God thrives.

In this image Babylon represents a real historical organization. Nephi saw the devil establish it among the nations and kingdoms of the Gentiles (see 1 Ne. 13:4-6), and he traced its continual existence into the present (see 1 Ne. 13:26-29; 14:1-17). That prophet makes it clear, however, that it is composed of more then one entity. He notes that "they have taken away from the gospel of the Lamb many parts which are plain and most precious. . . . And all this have they done thatthey might pervert the right ways of the Lord" (1 Ne. 13:26-27, italics added). Seeing spiritual Babylon as only one association, either at its inception or today, would therefore be wrong. It symbolizes all leagues that may be properly called Antichrist, that pervert the right way of the Lord, and that promote antichristian principles and life-styles.

The term Antichrist seems to fit well with the whore in the form of Babylon. The term comes out of the writings of John (1 Jn. 2:18, 22; 4:3; 2 Jn. 1:7) where it takes the form of a collective order. Babylon is the symbol for this group. The historical reality takes first the form of false teachers moving out from the true church with the purpose of deception, and then the leagues that base themselves upon and promulgate these falsehoods.

John's two motifs make apparent two major aspects of the same phenomenon: the figure of the city portrays the historical bodies, the figure of the woman the essence of their souls. Both operate among the nations of the world. Taken together they symbolize a kind of state-cult that combines with local and national governments to impose its sham religious system upon men. Such a system can be either theistic or atheistic. As one scholar put it, "The whore provides the theory; government provides the muscle." Both together compose the state-church.

Part 3

The Mystery of the Beast (VV. 7-13)

7. And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

. 8. The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

9. And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

10. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

11. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

12. And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

The greatness of the woman's power causes John to feel nothing short of consternation (see v. 6). The Greek word thaumaz, translated "admiration" in the KJV, means to be amazed, to wonder, to be astonished. The common element seems to be incredulous surprise. The context dictates the positive or negative sense of the word. Here the context suggests the translation "consternation," rather than "admiration" as used in the KJV. Seeing John's reaction, the angel asks, "Why didst thou marvel? I will tell thee of the mystery of the woman and of the beast" (v. 7, AT).

The messenger begins with the monster. It is the same beast John depicted in chapter thirteen. As noted there, the description shows that it is a counterfeit of the Lamb of God: "The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit" (v. 8, KJV). As noted earlier, this statement stands in contrast to the description of the Savior as "the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come" (1:8, KJV). The Savior is the great Jehovah who exists from everlasting to everlasting (see D&C 20:17; 61:1). The beast is, at best, only a momentary reality. John's statement that he "is not" suggests his shadowy nature. He seems to have suffered death, but in reality he is but momentarily in the abyss, waiting to arise.

Again a backhanded parallel emerges. This satanically inspired power imitates the resurrecting power of the divine Lamb who died and came back to life. The beast returns to hurlitself in fury against the kingdom of God. This resiliency causes those who "dwell on the earth" to wonder "when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is" (v. 8, KJV). John can see that the beast is neither dead nor gone, it is only hidden; it still pulls the strings and will do so until the day it emerges full force from the abyss.

The last of its descriptive phrases, "and yet is" (Greek kai parestai), has the same root as the Greek word parousia,a technical term used to describe the arrival of an emperor and used consistently for the second coming of the Lord. The word appears in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 and 2 Thessalonians 2:1, where it is translated in the KJV with the phrase "the coming of the Lord." It is also used as a title for the Lord in Revelation 1:8. Here in 17:8 the angel connects it with the ascent of the beast out of the abyss. As the Savior will have his second coming, so too the monster will have its diabolical parousia. This will not be long lasting, for, from the moment it arises, it shall move relentlessly toward its final destiny-perdition.

The beast, as viewed in chapter seventeen, is thus not a particular political organization but a composite entity working from a common ideology that pits government against true religion. Mutual support therefore exists between the beast, its heads, and its horns. In this light John states, "These have one mind," which is the mind of the beast, and they "shall give their power and strength unto the beast" so that his perverse theology may be imposed upon all (v. 13, KJV).

John begins the interpretation of the heads and horns with an admonition, "Here is the mind which hath wisdom" (v. 9, KJV). John seems to be warning his reader that the reality behind the symbols is not obvious. The amount of scholarly generated speculation accentuates this. Unfortunately, Latter-day Saints have no better understanding than the rest of the world. No prophetic or scriptural commentary exists to help decipher this portion of John's revelation. Though Nephi seems to have seen the historical period covered in this part of Revelation, he focuses only on the great whore. He tells us nothing about the kings or other institutions that support and sustain her. Even so,there are a few generalities that can be said about her adherents.

John states that "the seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth" (v. 9, KJV). The allusion to seven hills best fits Rome, which was called the city of seven hills and certainly manifested the spirit of the great beast in John's day. However, Rome itself stands as a symbol of the archetypal Babylon. As the number for completeness, seven not only symbolizes the power exercised by Rome in John's day, but it also denotes the political powers of the latter days.

Associated with the hills are seven kings. More than likely they represent Roman rulers contemporary with John. A number of schemes have been created to identify these rulers. None, however, have found universal acceptance. John states that the beast "is the eighth, and is of the seven" (v. 11, KJV). It has been speculated at great length, due to a myth circulating among the Romans in the last half of the first century, that the eighth emperor represents Nero. In spite of knowledge of his death in a.d. 68, a rumor persisted that he had actually escaped toParthia in the east and would return to recapture the empire. Many feel that the beast represents this Nero redivivus. The problem isthat such a view leaves the prophecy of John unfulfilled. Others argue that the eighth is Domitian, who embodied the evil disposition of Nero against the Christians. Note that the monster is not one of the seven (the Greek reads kai ek ton hepta estin) but encapsulates all of them, for they all play the same role.

Affiliated with these are certain kings, probably representing institutions that would come into being after the period of Roman rule, for John states that they "have received no kingdom as yet" (v. 12, KJV). John uses the number ten to describe them, symbolically representing the whole of a part. As applied to the kings, it suggests that they represent all those kingdoms and rulers whom the great whore seduces and who, therefore, adopt her philosophy and manner. But they do not represent all kingdoms. The kingdom of God particularly, as John has shown, stands apart.

The beast is ever present but holds greatest hegemony in the latter days, the period of the ten kings. At that time, hewill be able to make many nations subservient to his will. Taking up his banner, the nations will war against the Messiah. But the time of their rule will be short, for they "receive power as kings one hour with the beast" (v. 12, KJV). Here, John also notes that their kingly authority is derived. Whoever gives the authority can set the limits and strength of the power. Once again, the Seer subtly shows that God controls all. The machinations of both the kings and the beast work God's will, to their total frustration. Indeed, the Lord will win, "for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings" (v. 14, KJV), unlike the rulers of the earth who are but pseudokings. John is perfectly consistent with the Bible and Jewish apocalyptic literature in applying the superlative title "Lord of lords and King of kings" to deity (see, e.g., Deut. 10:17).

Part 4

The Fall of the Harlot (VV. 14-18)

14. These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

15. And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

16. And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

17. For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

18. And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

The beasts gather the Babylonian portion of mankind into a great war. The frogs of chapter sixteen efficiently spread their seductive propaganda (see v. 14). A great army forms in response and moves forth with one objective: destruction. Of this period, Ezekiel proclaimed:

After many days thou [Gog of Magog] shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shalldwell safely all of them. Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

Thus saith the Lord God; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought: and thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates, to take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land (Ezek. 38:8-12, KJV).

But things do not go as planned.

At the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face. For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; so that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord God: every man's sword shall be against his brother. And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the Lord (Ezek. 38:18-23, KJV).

Thus, a kind of civil war will erupt that brings down the whore with all her power. John makes it clear, despite the apparent chaos, that God designed the whole thing to happen this way. Nephi seems to have had this same period in mind when when he prophesied: "I beheld that the great mother of abominations did gather together multitudes upon the face of the earth, among all the nations of the Gentiles, to fight against the Lamb of God. And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory" (1 Ne. 14:13-14). The enemy cannot win against the power of the Lamb. In frustration and rage, the nations will turn upon the whore who drove them to the fight and "shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire" (Rev. 17:16, KJV; cf. Ezek. 23:25-30). The attackers carry the seeds of their own destruction.

The task of the Saints is to rely on God and continue in the faith unto the end.

Apparently, the Saints do not fight though they are present. They do not need to: rather than physical, their weapons are spiritual, that is, being faithful and bearing witness. John identifies them as the "called, and chosen, and faithful" (Rev. 17:14, KJV). Though there is a Jewish tradition that the righteous take direct part in the destruction of the wicked, this is not an act of revenge but the fulfillment of righteous retribution.

Conclusion

The prominence of the whore in the drama of the latter days shows that when men cease to worship God, they do not cease to worship. They turn to a false form of religion to establish meaning and direction in life. The whore provides them with a "priestess" counter to God's true priests, with false rites in contrast to God's saving ordinances and with useless sacrifices in opposition to the Lord's effective ones. Both God and the beast demand a lot, but the beast renders nothing in return while the Lord blesses with everything.

The Seer casts the great evil of the last days in a double form. One is that of the seductive and shameless harlot, reveling in the slaughter of the righteous. The other is that of the great city Babylon, mother of abominations, dominating kings and kingdoms while crushing truth, virtue, and love. The image of the harlot and the city, taken together, represents theformation of a kind of state religion that is able to impose its will on the people. During this period the warning words of John hold true: "Here is the patience and faith of the Saints" (13:10, KJV; cf. 14:12). Indeed, this is the time-as with the Saints in John's own day, waiting, forbidden to take the offensive against the whore, concerned with doing nothing but good works-when the Saints need great faith and patience most. In the end, these attributes will prove to be the very tools of victory.

Finally....the Footnotes. This is the important part.

Footnotes

1. Hailey, Revelation, 345.

2. Bock, Apocalypse, 165-66.

3. Alfred Edersheim, The Temple: Its Ministry and Services As They Were at the Time of Jesus Christ (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1975 reprint ed.), 312.

4. Ford, Revelation, 287.

5. Sir. 50:14-15 notes specifically that the cup of libation used by Simon the high priest was made of pure gold and filled with "the blood of grapes."

6. Ford, Revelation, 288.

7. For discussion, see Steven E. Robinson, "Early Christianity and 1 Nephi 13-14," in Monte S. Nyman and Charles D. Tate, Jr., eds., The Book of Mormon: First Nephi, The Doctrinal Foundation(Provo, Utah: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University,1988), 177-91.

8. For an excellent discussion of the great and abominable church in this guise, see Robinson, "Early Christianity," 182-84.

9. Bock, Apocalypse, 146.

10. Fiorenza, Revelation, 7.

11. Robinson, "Early Christianity," 180.

12. See Moulton, Vocabulary, s.v., thaumaz, forsuch usage.

13. The tense is future but the construction is paraphrastic (kai mellei anabainein ek ts abussou). The beast is about to come outof the abyss; its arising is close at hand.

14. Caird, Revelation, 215-16.

15. From the days of Servius Tullius, Rome's sixth king, the city was known as urbs septicollis, the city of seven hills. TheSeptimontium, a holiday in December, celebrated the enclosure of the seven hills with Rome's walls (see Suet Dom. 4). Latin literature abounds inreferences to the city of seven hills (see Verg. G. 2.535;Aen. 6.783; Hor. Carm. 7; Ov. Tr. 1.5, just as examples).

16. Mounce, Revelation, 315.

17. For a sampling, see Charles, Commentary, 2:71-72; and especially Ford, Revelation, 289-90.

18. See Charles, Commentary, 2:67, 70, 76-87.

19. Mounce, Revelation, 316-17.

20. See also 1 Enoch 9:4; 2 Maccabees 13:4. The title is old and can be traced back to early Babylonian times when the god Marduk was designated by this title. Further, Babylonian and Persian kings claimed the title, maintaining that they were rulers by divine right (see Ezra 7:12; Daniel 2:37). Thus, the title designates deity or one empowered by deity.

21. Cf. 1 Enoch 38:5; 90:19; 91:12. See Charles, Commentary,2:74.

(Richard D. Draper, Opening the Seven Seals: The Visions of John the Revelator, p.196-)

• 10 months later...

The seven heads represent Shabbathai, Tzedeq, Madim, Shemesh, Nogah, Kokav, Levanah.

The ten horns represent Malkuth, Yesod, Hod, Netzach, Tifareth, Geburah, Chesed, Binah, Chokmah, and Kether.

They are the basic constitutes of the physical and mental bodies of man.

It must be read in conjunction with the other chapters of revelations.

Revelations 13:

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

To count the number of the beast, wisdom (a deep understanding of the Qabalah) is a mandatory prerequisite.

The Hebrew letter vau is used for the number 6, and it also means "nail."

Thus: vau vau vau = nail nail nail = 666. This is the number of the beast which was wounded to death and healed.

To take the mark (His number, name, or mark) in the right hand (actions) or forehead (beliefs) leads one to being cast into the lake of fire (animal life). Revelations 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

The bible is an allegorical tale of the soul's descent into matter and it's eventual return to God. Genesis, or creation, tells of Adam, aleph, daleth, mem, literally "red earth", being cast from the Sun into the outer world, or space. Then the ark, or fetus, is loaded with animals (genetic materials) which then floats upon the flood, or amniotic fluid, which destroys the old world, or pre-birth memory, and is cast out upon mount Ararat, or the physical world.

The tower of babel is another good example, which is the built up theology, or reality tunnel, of the living person, which when shattered, leads to the confusion of tongues, or what to believe in.

Eventually, the person comes to find the Truth, directly, by earning it, not blind belief. Hebrews 11:1, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the essence of things not seen.”

John 18:20 Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

In secret (a parable) have I spoken of Ain (infinite nothingness) which means the soul.

"The literal interpretation of the bible is for the vulgar only." -Albert Pike

Last weekend my denomination held a class on the book of revelation. In the opinion of our Theologian the 7 heads/10 horns represented 1st century ancient rome. The book Amazon.com: Breaking the Code: Understanding the Book of Revelation: Bruce M. Metzger: Books explains this in further detail. At wikipedia, many interpretations are listed. This particular view is called the historical-critical view.

The Historical-Critical view

The historical-critical method treats Revelation as a text and attempts to understand Revelation in its first century historical context within the genre of Jewish and Christian apocalyptic literature.

This approach considers the text as an address to seven historical communities in Asia Minor. Under this view, assertions that "the time is near" are to be taken literally by those communities. Consequently the work is viewed as a warning not to conform to contemporary Greco-Roman society which John "unveils" as beastly, demonic and subject to divine judgment. There is further information on these topics in the entries on higher criticism and apocalyptic literature.

The acceptance of Revelation into the canon is itself the result of a historical process, essentially no different from the career of other texts. The eventual exclusion of other contemporary apocalyptic literature from the canon may throw light on the unfolding historical processes of what was officially considered orthodox, what was heterodox, what was even heretical. Interpretation of meanings and imagery are anchored in what the historical author intended and what his contemporary audience inferred; a message to Christians not to assimilate into the Roman Imperial Culture was John's central message. Thus, his letter (written in the apocalyptic genre) is pastoral in nature, and the symbolism of Revelation is to be understood entirely within its historical, literary and social context. Critics study the conventions of apocalyptic literature and events of the 1st century to make sense of what the author may have intended.

During a discussion about Revelation on 23 August 2006, Pope Benedict XVI remarked: "The seer of Patmos, identified with the apostle, is granted a series of visions meant to reassure the Christians of Asia amid the persecutions and trials of the end of the first century."[30]

• 2 years later...
Hidden

Jesus Christ is the Son of The Most High. The wicked will not see.

Take a closer look at your surroundings there are organizatons today that parallel the description of the whore riding

the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns.

The USA fits the description of the whore riding the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns by control of the presidents

through the United Nations (the beast). She makes war for profit and control over the maddening wine of her fornication.

Black gold, the whole world is addicted to oil and it is in America where petroleum was first refined into gasoline.

The woman you saw is that great city that rules over the kings of the earth. Rev 17:18

New York City headquarters of the United Nations land purchased by Rockefeller Jr.

Here is where the largest luciferian goddess of the Babylonians stands, Lady Liberty.

There are 5 powerfull permanent members in the security counsil of the United Nations and soon to add

a couple more permanent members possibly to make 7 , some demanding a permanent seat

like Germany, Brasil, Japan, and India because of the large amounts of money they pitch in to support

the many organizations it has created like the WTO, IMF, IAEA just to name a few.

The WTO controls the food and has divided the world into 10 regions one is NAFTA their old logo

were 10 horns their new logo is an inverted 666 it also looks like claws with a grip around the world.

The IMF is a world bank that lends money and makes false promisses to the 3rd world Countries

(also the 10 horns) to take over their natural resourses, the list of lies and deception goes on.

They are directly responsible for the death of millions of people through out the whole world since

their creation.

USA (babylon, eagle with wings ), UK (mother of babylon, the lion), Russia (gog-magog, the bear,

army from the north), China (the dragon paying for the wars) and France the leopard through

the United Nations control the 7 continents, seas( "the 7 heads are 7 mountains on which

the woman sits". Rev 17:9), with peacekeepers that rape and kill and are responsible for

using starvation as a weapon of war." And I saw a beast coming out of the sea.It had 7 heads

and 10 horns with 10 crowns in each horn and each head a blasphemous name". Rev 13:1

Resolution 666 of the United Nations Security Counsil is just that using starvation as a weapon of war

againts Iraq/Kuwat/Babylon. All these permanent countries are strong as IRON.

There are 10 non-permanent members elected by the General Assembly of the United Nations that share

the power with the 5 (iron) permanent members, for 2 years their vote counts.

Non-permanent countries are weak as CLAY

We know this is just a put on as we saw the Bush administration go into Iraq with only 4 votes

and not 9 out of the 15, 5 permanent and 10 non-permanet members. This clearly lets us see who is in

control of the UN in other words who rides the United Nations. The fact that there were no weapons of

of mass destruction and those responsible for killing millions for raging war are not behind bars

for the rest of their lives is aggravating and scary at the same time.

But we know that iron and clay do not mix we also know that CORPORATE AMERICA has wiped out

large populations in this weak countries and continues to kill and slotter in the wars it rages and they

hate CORPORATE AMERICA and its in their hearts to give back double as what she is dishing out.

The Roman Catholic Church is responsible for todays false Christianity and religious confussion .

Most if not all Christian religions are tentacles of the Roman Catholics Church that have MAKING

MONEY at the top of their list in common and will never admit to the fact that they are responsible for

the worship of statues, self proclaimed saints, have made Mother of Christ into a goddess, stand between you and

Christ and many more blasphemies. Some continue to promote war and the slotter continues at a greater scale

than ever before "After that, in my vision at night I looked and there before me was a fourth beast terrifying

and very powerfull. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot

whatever was left".It was different from all the former beast, and it had 10 horns.Daniel 7:7

No church will ever tell you any of the above or even want to go there.