Before we were born.

apple

I'm sure Travelor will have an answer for you.

Travelor am I reading your post correctly?? Are you trying to speculate that we could have helped with creation in the pre-existence? I am sorry if that is not what you are saying. I don't want to misquote you..but if you are..I'll I can think of is God slamming Job for his self-righteous attitude..and he tells Job "where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth" and he goes on and puts job in his place..it reminds me I am Not God will never be God! He is perfect and I am not

Actually I'm not sure you really wanted to quote that. It's more like a "pep talk". God reminds him that He is the creator, yes, but he also reminds Job that he was there in the pre-mortal existence along with the rest of us, the sons (and daughters) of God. Pure LDS doctrine.

3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? (Job 38:3-7)

Regards,

Vanhin

the phrase 'sons of god' appears more than once in the bible. far as I know, it's in reference to the angels, but who knows.

Correct! Sons of God used in Old Testamont is always referencing angels...and if you read job and hear the tone in God's words used..who are we to think we would ever be apart of creation? ....man..i shutter to think how small job must have felt at that moment.

Correct! Sons of God used in Old Testamont is always referencing angels...and if you read job and hear the tone in God's words used..who are we to think we would ever be apart of creation? ....man..i shutter to think how small job must have felt at that moment.

We LDS know that angels, men and God are all made of the same stuff. We are all of a kind, the race of men AND Gods.

HiJolly

apple a couple of things i was wondering if you would respond to in your post for me? As I am still asking more and more difficult questions.:) 1. What scripture in the bible supports the idea that Jesus is our brother? 2. Why would you take things outside of lds a grain of salt? Is this taught in the church to take things non lds a grain of salt or to have no validity?

1. Um. . . I am terrible at remembering scripture, I will have to get back with you. (asap)

2. I personally take things outside of the religion I chose with a grain of salt. Noone in the church tells me to, and it is not because I don't respect other religions or don't think some may be true. I think I do it because I read so much and I need some kind of guide for myself. Not to say I don't belive anything if it does not come from a LDS sourse, but I am less likely to. But that is just me... Don't judge the whole church on one person who feels like she has to know EVERYTHING. :)