Praise to the Man

dvdreviewergal

Praise to the Man

This film directed by T. C. Christensen, who filmed The Work and the Glory, examines the legacy of Joseph Smith from the Prophet's early years and continuing through his martyrdom. This dramatized documentary is told largely from the point of view of the historical figure W W Phelps who is famous for writing many LDS hymns. The DVD really brings the Spirit by walking you through the amazing life of Joseph Smith and helps you to build a stronger testimony of the Prophet. This DVD will leave you feeling awestruck about the legacy of "the man who communed with Jehovah". A must see!!!

dvdreviewergal

LDS Movie Rentals

Wholesome and Inspirational Movies

Guest User-Removed
Praise to the Man

This film directed by T. C. Christensen, who filmed The Work and the Glory, examines the legacy of Joseph Smith from the Prophet's early years and continuing through his martyrdom. This dramatized documentary is told largely from the point of view of the historical figure W W Phelps who is famous for writing many LDS hymns. The DVD really brings the Spirit by walking you through the amazing life of Joseph Smith and helps you to build a stronger testimony of the Prophet. This DVD will leave you feeling awestruck about the legacy of "the man who communed with Jehovah". A must see!!!

dvdreviewergal

I'm curious...are you an employee of LDS Movie Rentals?

Guest User-Removed

Hello MyDogSkip,

I am one of the co-founders of ldsmovierentals.com and we will be reviewing movies here on a regular basis. :)

OK...Thanks for the prompt clarification...!!!

Your very welcome. Have you seen any really good LDS based movies lately? Let's start talking about really good movies we've all seen. My husband and I recently watched 'Special Witnesses of Christ' after we put the kids to bed.

It features members of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve declaring their personal witness of Jesus Christ. Filmed in such locations as Jerusalem, the Sacred Grove, and Nauvoo. This recording was filmed prior to the calling of Elder Uchtdorf and Elder Bednar. It started out with Gordon B. Hinckley's testimony and me running to get some Kleenex! All the testimonies are POWERFUL. I learned a lot of new things about each member of the twelve, as they shared a bit of thier life story. At times, pictures and such were shown as they spoke. There were some pictures of where they grew up, when they were younger, and all sorts of neat photos and clips!

Guest User-Removed

My favorite LDS Movie so far is The Best Two Years.

*winks at Skip*

The Best Two Years...oh that lil cutey Kirby Heyborne....<vbg>

I still like Book of Mormon Movie...That thermal blanket on Laman...Seriously....eat your heart out Edith Head...:whistling:

Guest User-Removed

Was that a hospital blanket on him? *vbg*

Kirby was hilarious inbetween takes as well.

SS~

Remind the listening audience please...who was that daring Cecil B. ... who brought Best Two Years to the Big Screen???

We sat down to watch The Best Two Years, and realized that we had watched it several years ago. Opted to pop in one of Skip's favorites instead... The Book of Mormon Movie. Oh my gosh, it was AWESOME! Loved the scripture references. The movie really helped to see what Lehi and his sons went through. The story portrayed important and significant points of the Book of Mormon and is appropriate for members and nonmembers alike.

The Book Of Mormon Movie

Volume 1 is the story of the first two Books of Nephi. Actor Noah Danby plays Nephi, the faithful son of Lehi (Bryce Chamberlain). Unfortunately for Nephi and his family, his father's prophecies of doom for Jerusalem haven't made him too popular. So Lehi plans to take his family out of Jerusalem and into the desert -- with the hope of finding the prophesied Promised Land. But before they do, he sends Nephi and his brothers (Mark Gollaher, Kirby Heyborne and Cragun Foulger) back to the city to retrieve brass plates containing their people's history -- a task that's easier said than done.

2600 years ago one family began a remarkable journey and set the course for a latter-day faith...this is their story.

From the maker of The Best Two Years (good movie) came also a movie called The Dance which I saw with my husband last night and we both quite liked it.

God's Army was good and the second one States of Grace I thought was terrific. Quite hard core for an LDS flick but I thought it was great!!

• 5 weeks later...