Chastity and lifestyle changes.

Know this, members will look at you and wonder how you could marry someone that you will not be sealed to. Having a relationship with different religions is possible with respect for each other and their individual beliefs. All I am saying is that it will be difficult as you may be seen as a second class citizen, maybe not. I have seen this first hand and it isn't the church's fault but that of the members.

If members look down on me, that is their problem. I won't force anyone into anything they don't want or aren't ready for. If my boyfriend doesn't want to join, we'll cope with that when it happens.

I just spoke with my boyfriend on messenger and he told me to NEVER mention the LDS or my faith ever again. He quoted an anti-mormon website and hung up the phone when I tried to call him. I can't believe he has changed his mind so quickly!

I can't stop crying. Help please...

Good afternoon LanPingPug! I'm sorry to read of your difficulties with a person you care deeply about.

It is easy to stand on the sidelines and offer advice, but, knowing the deep pain that can come when someone we love hurts us, I know it isn't so easy to be in such a situation.

Joining the Church of Jesus Christ requires sacrifice. It sometimes involves us having to change years of habits or changing long held beliefs. It sometimes even means that we must choose between friends and family and the gospel. First, know that what you are experiencing is not unique. In other words, you are not alone. Others have gone through similar struggles and have come out on top in the end. Paul wrote to the Corinthians regarding this. He said:

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it" (Source).

In the Book of Mormon we have a great example of one man who, once he had heard the gospel, was willing to do whatever was necessary in order to receive the promised blessings. We read from Alma 22:15:

"And it came to pass that after Aaron had expounded these things unto him, the king said: What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy."

Like the father of King Lamoni, if the gospel message is true, and you know that it is, then do whatever is required to align your life with it's precepts. The father of Lamoni was willing to give up his kingdom, even all that he had, in order to receive the joy that comes from pure gospel living. These situations are not easy, but God will bless those who sacrifice for His sake.

I hope for you the best and pray for your success in accepting and living the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Kind Regards,

Finrock