Restoration questions........

bytor2112

Searching for truth entails more than just reading what a one group says is the word of God, and also is a life-long process. I have already examined my own beliefs and the beliefs of others quite a bit.

Yes I know. And I respect that. You don't have to defend yourself or your positions to me. It is an invitation to come swimming in this really great pool I found. ANd I see you looking over into the water. I am just the type that might push you in!!! hahaha

Maybe someday you will forgive all my pushings. Or just shoot me with a nerf gun. Which ever one works for you. :)

Well, I know you don't believe it. But IF there were a God, and IF he chose not to make everything obvious, don't you think he would give his children the tools to pass the test? For the sake of argument, of course.

I am only inviting you to try on a different point of view and to perhaps argue in favor of said point of view....even if it is only for the value of the exercise. You are in fact open minded. At least that is what I have been told. (teasing poke)

I am willing to hypothesize that there is a God and that he may choose to not make everything obvious, but can you demonstrate that everyone has the tools to pass that test given those two assumptions?

I'd also like to point out that you invite me to take a swim in the LDS pool, but you don't seem willing to take a swim in the agnostic pool :)

I am willing to hypothesize that there is a God and that he may choose to not make everything obvious, but can you demonstrate that everyone has the tools to pass that test given those two assumptions?

I'd also like to point out that you invite me to take a swim in the LDS pool, but you don't seem willing to take a swim in the agnostic pool :)

What makes you think I haven't been to that pool? What makes you think I haven't spent hours gazing into those ripples and waves? Haven't you been reading my posts? :)

I will concede to have learned much from you in terms of the scientific perspective.....and lots of lessons in persistence. Hahahhah!

What makes you think I haven't been to that pool? What makes you think I haven't spent hours gazing into those ripples and waves? Haven't you been reading my posts? :)

I will concede to have learned much from you in terms of the scientific perspective.....and lots of lessons in persistence. Hahahhah!

I've read your posts, and I think that maybe you've dipped your toe in the agnostic pool at most. To be fair, that's probably the equivilant of what I've done with the LDS pool though.

Every person who comes to this earth, is hot wired to know good from evil. Make no mistake about that!

Some listen to that truth-meter within and some deny it or ignore it or decide they like the carnal better.

Look. There is truth in the universe. There is also the antithesis of such in all of its degrees! They are liars, DS! Liars! It up to us to think for ourselves and act for ourselves no matter who tries to oppress us. Did you ever read Victor Frankel about the Jews in the camps? They can take our clothes and our freedom, but they can't take our decisions about who and what we are!!!

Each of us have different challenges, circumstances, cultures. Each of us has to navigate thru that. Pain is a great teacher!!! Easy roads don't reap great benefits. We all want it easy. But things we reap the easy way are rarely the things we cherish.

I like to think that we are more like computers -- we've been programmed from the beginning to know good from evil but then when we set it up on the desk and start loading different software -- LOOK OUT! Not to say anything about the stupid viruses that are likely to come our way!

I swam in that pool many, many years and it almost drowned me. If your interested, go to my profile.

MissHalfway and Digi-Kun, I love you both! You are always so fun to read.

And as for your comment to push our dear DS into the pool MissHalfway, I will just sit and grin. ^_^

For you Digi-kun, I will hold you to that promise of reading the scriptures (I do know where you live. ;) ) and will also go in with MissHalfway and read your choice of books.

Hey DS. I started reading the BofM. I am on 1 Nephi 12. But then I thought, I better start finding out where you want me to read. I will say that we should prolly take the conversation to a new thread, considering this one has been completely derailed.

Anyway, Let me know what you want me to sink my teeth into. There is no pressure from my end.....except I feel we should have bet some chocolate or something on the reading schedule! :) I am looking forward to opening my mind to new ideas. My scientifically inclined brother would be so happy to see my brain expand! LOL.

Hey DS. I started reading the BofM. I am on 1 Nephi 12. But then I thought, I better start finding out where you want me to read. I will say that we should prolly take the conversation to a new thread, considering this one has been completely derailed.

Anyway, Let me know what you want me to sink my teeth into. There is no pressure from my end.....except I feel we should have bet some chocolate or something on the reading schedule! :) I am looking forward to opening my mind to new ideas. My scientifically inclined brother would be so happy to see my brain expand! LOL.

Oh, I totally agree with the chocolate, although, I already have another large form of bribery that Digi-kun can hold over my head. Hehe, yay for impatience and a love of new toys. ;)

As for new thread... Should I set it up as "the thread for mind expansion on lds and agnostic thoughts?" lol, sounds techie. If either of you wanna start the new thread that totally works as well.