Satan

Guest Taoist_Saint

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@Jan 29 2004, 03:41 PM

Satan is an actual evil being, not just a metaphor.

True or False?

The person referred to by the name of "Satan" is just as real as anybody else you know and many people you don't know. If you don't believe that Satan is real, you simply don't know it.

And for those who want to hear or read as few words as possible, the correct answer to the question is True.

Originally posted by Cal@Jan 29 2004, 05:49 PM

Ray--and you KNOW there is a Satan, because you FEEL it right?

The New Testament teachings, especially the sermons given by Jesus Christ coupled with the teachings of the BofM tell us that SATAN is a real person who was cast out of heaven.

This is solid LDS doctrine. Think, feel, assume-- be it as it may, I trust Jesus Christ told the truth and no one will get me to change my mind. :D

Paul O

Now all we have to do is prove Jesus was anything more than a wise philosopher and we are home free. Maybe we should start by figuring out who even wrote the Gospels and why we should trust the details of a story written at least 50 years after the fact.

Originally posted by Cal@Jan 29 2004, 06:15 PM

Now all we have to do is prove Jesus was anything more than a wise philosopher and we are home free. Maybe we should start by figuring out who even wrote the Gospels and why we should trust the details of a story written at least 50 years after the fact.

Cal,

Our religion is based upon FAITH, the first principle of the gospel.

It's that simple. When Jesus returns again there won't be any more faith because we will see him for who he really is. That will be a great day!

Sadly, for those who refused to believe on him through faith will be found wanting because his gospel will not be in their hearts.

Paul O

Originally posted by Paul Osborne+Jan 29 2004, 08:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Paul Osborne @ Jan 29 2004, 08:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Cal@Jan 29 2004, 06:15 PM

Cal,

Our religion is based upon FAITH, the first principle of the gospel.

It's that simple. When Jesus returns again there won't be any more faith because we will see him for who he really is. That will be a great day!

Sadly, for those who refused to believe on him through faith will be found wanting because his gospel will not be in their hearts.

Paul O

Paul--and when he doesn't come back, then what will your faith be based on?

Guest Starsky

Satan is 'nothing'...he doesn't exist ...no body, no future, no progress, no life.

That is why he is coming after those who are somebody, have a future, and can progress...with true life.

Referring to another post about the existence of God...

Satan is the opposite of God for the non-believer....so we know what that makes him....nothing. : )

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Cal@Jan 29 2004, 10:12 PM

That isn't what Church members at the time understood JS to say. They all acted and spoke as if the time were in THEIR time.

When teaching children...you teach with childlike things.

You feed babies Milk...for instance....not meat...

When you are explaining "where does babies come from" to five year olds...do you give them all the 'whole' envolved version, or do you give it to them in acceptable 'terms' appropriate for their 'maturity'.

Spiritually there are different levels of understanding. The beginnings of religion were based upon facts they could understand and accept...because the facts weren't as important as the 'path' those facts could lead them to.

When someone has matured spiritually, you would be amazed at what they learn....LOL

I mean...take you and I for instance...you have a hard time with the smallest historical descripencies. For me...though I was once where you are now....I came past that to a fantastic understanding of a lot of things.

Could I share those insights with you....and expect you to understand them...not hardly...

I even know just what your response will be to my last statement....but it doesn't change the fact that I do know things you will possibly not ever know.

Originally posted by Peace@Jan 29 2004, 10:11 PM

Satan is 'nothing'...he doesn't exist ...no body, no future, no progress, no life.

That is why he is coming after those who are somebody, have a future, and can progress...with true life.

Satan is the opposite of God for the non-believer....so we know what that makes him....nothing. : )

Bashing is not allowed here. Please......if you can't say nice things, then hush up.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by bat+Jan 29 2004, 10:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bat @ Jan 29 2004, 10:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Peace@Jan 29 2004, 10:11 PM

Bashing is not allowed here. Please......if you can't say nice things, then hush up.

I am not bashing...I am stating PRINCIPLES....

1 Ne. 16: 2

2 And it came to pass that I said unto them that I knew that I had spoken hard things against the wicked, according to the truth; and the righteous have I justified, and testified that they should be lifted up at the last day; wherefore, the guilty taketh the truth to be hard, for it cutteth them to the very center.

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Tr2@Jan 29 2004, 11:24 PM

he doesn't exist ...no body, no future, no progress, no life

Prove it.

Prove it for you? The proof will come to you only through your own efforts or lack there of...not mine.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by lindy9556+Jan 30 2004, 12:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lindy9556 @ Jan 30 2004, 12:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Jan 29 2004, 08:59 PM

Satan is real, he plays for the Sabers.

Posted Image

:lol: I just can't think of the devil with a first name of Miroslav.........

sides...Miroslav is such a hunk...and Satan...well he is 'nothing'.