names

Elgama

Ok need a more international feedback as baby isn't entirely British - my other kids are Elana Clare and Gabriel MacRae

Girl Names

Iris Elizabeth

Ziva Elizabeth

Aurora Elizabeth

Elizabeth Irene

Boy Names

Jared Wright/Jared Eagle (call him Red maybe)

Joseph Wright (our surname isSmith this cruel??)

Richard Wright (my husband's name would call baby Chad)

Peter Wright

Laurence Wright (however we have a split in UK short name would be Laurie - my husband wants Larry)

-Charley

I think you should be extremely unique and name your kid something amazing.

I knew a lady in Alabama, who liked jello so much, she named her two boys Orangejello and Lemonjello (accent on the second syllable. seriously). Of course, for a LDS name, you'd have to go with Limejello or Greenjello....

Of course, for a girl's name, you could call her by some quaint country name: Rwanda, Bangladesh, Djibouti, etc.

I think you should be extremely unique and name your kid something amazing.

I knew a lady in Alabama, who liked jello so much, she named her two boys Orangejello and Lemonjello (accent on the second syllable. seriously). Of course, for a LDS name, you'd have to go with Limejello or Greenjello....

Of course, for a girl's name, you could call her by some quaint country name: Rwanda, Bangladesh, Djibouti, etc.

lol not being american it would have to be Limejelly - I was thinking Libya would be cute:)

Charley

For a girl:

Elizabeth - This is the Greek form (Pronounced Elisavet) of the Hebrew Elisheva, meaning "My God is my Oath" or "My God is my sustenance"

That's my favourite, but here are the meanings of the other ones:

Iris - Of course their's the colour, but in Greek mythology Iris is the personifacation of the rainbow and a messenger of the gods. "As the Sun unites Earth and Heaven, so does Iris link the gods to humanity." She travels with the speed of wind around the world, through the depths of the sea, to the Underworld and Heaven.

Siva - No direct name I can find in my books or on the net, but interestingly enough Siva is more often than not the pronounced name of Shiva, one of the supreme forms of 'God' in Hinduism. He/She is the destroyer and changer, and though destroyer may seem bad, it is often used synonymously with 'cleanser'.

Aurora - There's that strange arctic glow (I don't seem them this much in southern Canada, but they're absolutely amazing). But there's also the Greco-Roman godess by the same name. She is the queen/godess of Dawn, sister of Sol (the Sun) and Luna (the moon), lover of a Prince of Troy. She is bringer of light, the goddess of Dawn.

For the boys:

Laurence, but that's because I'm a sucker for Laurence of Arabia. There was a spy, a man of adventure, someone who truly integrated themselves into a culture, something few people are willing to do for their government these days. The name itself is derived from the Roman name Laurentius, which can mean "Crowned with a Laurel"

Again, that's my favourite

Jared - A name often applied to Moses, derived from a Hebrew word meaning 'descent'

Joseph - From the Hebrew "Yosef", meaning "The Lord will increase/add"

Richard - Comes from the combination of the Germanic 'Ric' (King, Ruler, leader) and 'Hard' (Strong, Brave)

Peter - Derived from the Greek 'Petros', meaning rock. We all know where this comes from

For a girl:

Elizabeth - This is the Greek form (Pronounced Elisavet) of the Hebrew Elisheva, meaning "My God is my Oath" or "My God is my sustenance"

That's my favourite, but here are the meanings of the other ones:

Iris - Of course their's the colour, but in Greek mythology Iris is the personifacation of the rainbow and a messenger of the gods. "As the Sun unites Eartwh and Heaven, so does Iris link the gods to humanity." She travels with the speed of wind around the world, through the depths of the sea, to the Underworld and Heaven.

I believe it means rainbow of colours but its also a Hebrew name that describes many plants can also refer to whiteness. - Elizabeth is my husband's gran so will be in the middle name slot

Siva - No direct name I can find in my books or on the net, but interestingly enough Siva is more often than not the pronounced name of Shiva, one of the supreme forms of 'God' in Hinduism. He/She is the destroyer and changer, and though destroyer may seem bad, it is often used synonymously with 'cleanser'.

Its Ziva another Hebrew Name meaning Light, Splendour, Brightness, Golden

Like several Jewish groups I believe names are 60% inspiration and Iris, Aurora and Ziva clearly belong to the same person we also had Xanthe and Melody on our list which also work why I think its a girl all names have a similar meaning.

Thank you for your help Charley

Guest GhostRider

Im on the flip side of this..My first name is an Irish Surname. so..ppl tend to look at my name and wonder..and no it isnt murphy

I love the names you picked out.

If I ever have children it will be interesting as the names I have always liked are not really heard of here in the states

Liam (no middle name)

Flanagan Dean

For the girls

Cheyenne Marie

and i just drew a blank...lol

Ok need a more international feedback as baby isn't entirely British - my other kids are Elana Clare and Gabriel MacRae

Girl Names

Iris Elizabeth

Ziva Elizabeth

Aurora Elizabeth

Elizabeth Irene

Boy Names

Jared Wright/Jared Eagle (call him Red maybe)

Joseph Wright (our surname isSmith this cruel??)

Richard Wright (my husband's name would call baby Chad)

Peter Wright

Laurence Wright (however we have a split in UK short name would be Laurie - my husband wants Larry)

-Charley

I like Ziva Elizabeth and Jared Wright.

Don't really care for any of your nicknames - sorry.

M.

I'm in my third trimester and we've kept the gender a mystery. The name is still a mystery also! As for your names I'm not crazy about the girl names, but I like Peter! That's one I suggested to my hubby but was vetoed! Here are my current favorite names...Karen and Reed. With my daughter we had a name ready the entire pregnancy and changed it just hours before signing the papers!! Maybe that's why this time I'm not in a hurry to decide. Good luck!