Hello from Brazil.

fairypetite

Welcome! I am teaching myself Brazilian Portuguese...slowly...but today I told my Brazilian friend what I was wearing and she understood me, which is progress, right!

Hey terrie!!!!

This is pretty interesting!!!! Why are you learning Portuguese?? This is not something that I hear every day, you know? :P

I use a website called LiveMocha.com and also BYKI.com. There are a number of Brazilians at church, so when I get stuck, there is always someone to help me. They're used to me rushing up to them on Sundays with my questions, or getting emails from me.

We have people from probably 30 or 40 countries, mostly Spanish and Brazilian languages (African also), but I can learn Spanish lots of places. I figure I might never again live in a place where I have people to help me learn Portuguese.

I use a website called LiveMocha.com and also BYKI.com. There are a number of Brazilians at church, so when I get stuck, there is always someone to help me. They're used to me rushing up to them on Sundays with my questions, or getting emails from me.

We have people from probably 30 or 40 countries, mostly Spanish and Brazilian languages (African also), but I can learn Spanish lots of places. I figure I might never again live in a place where I have people to help me learn Portuguese.

Wow..... this is sooo nice of you. I'm also at livemocha, but trying to learn German.... to improve it, better.

Where are you from?