Greetings,

For one of my classes in school we are studying worldview and we are suppose to survey people. So if anybody would answer these questions I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks

World View Survey

1. Occupation?

2. Marital Status?

3. On a scale of 0-5, how would you rate the following factors in contributing to a successful life? (0=unnecessary, 5=essential)

Education 0 1 2 3 4 5

Wealth 0 1 2 3 4 5

Marriage 0 1 2 3 4 5

Children 0 1 2 3 4 5

Religious Belief 0 1 2 3 4 5

Friends/Relationships 0 1 2 3 4 5

Lucky Breaks 0 1 2 3 4 5

4. What adjectives would you use to describe successful people you have known?

5. Some nationally known people, highly successful in their occupation, when interviewed by the media have described their lives without meaning, searching, empty and unsatisfying. To what do you attribute this apparent contradiction?

6. What presently is the highest priority of your life?

7. At the end of your life what three things would you like to say that you have accomplished?

8. Is there anything for which you would significantly sacrifice your personal standard of living?

9. If someone asked you to explain to them your philosophy of life (what you live by), what would you say, and how would you justify it?

10. How do you make decisions? For example: How did you decide upon your career? How did you decide to marry your spouse (if married)?

11. What questions trouble your mind most about life?

12. Why do you think some people believe in God?

13. Why do you think some people do not believe in God?

14. How would someone decide whether or not God exists?

15. What do you think about the possibility of miracles?

16. In your opinion, do you think abortion is killing an innocent life? If it isn’t, what is it? How did you come to your view about this issue?

17. If your child asked you the following two questions, how would you respond?

“What makes something right, and what makes something wrong?”

“Why do people die, and what happens to them when they die?”

18. What would you describe as the most essential beliefs of Christianity?

19. What is the one question that you would like answered about life?

20. If you could change one thing about our world, what would it be?

1. Occupation?
Disabled. Career was in publishing.
2. Marital Status?

Divorced

3. On a scale of 0-5, how would you rate the following factors in contributing to a successful life? (0=unnecessary, 5=essential)'

Education: 5

Wealth: 1

Marriage: 3

Children: 3

Religious Belief: 0

Friendships/Relationships: 5

Lucky Breaks: 5

Brilliant, Tenacious, Opportunistic, Problem-Solvers, Ruthless

5. Some nationally known people, highly successful in their occupation, when interviewed by the media have described their lives without meaning, searching, empty and unsatisfying. To what do you attribute this apparent contradiction?

To someone's bias who wants to believe only people with God in their lives are happy.

My children.
7. At the end of your life what three things would you like to say that you have accomplished?

That I cared about all human beings, regardless of their sins, their bad decisions, their falures, and ultimately their defeats.

That I looked people in the eye, especially those for whom life was so hard, they cowered inside and did their best to make themselvese invisible so as not to be hurt anymore.

That I made a positive difference in my children's lives.

8. Is there anything for which you would significantly sacrifice your personal standard of living?

Of course there is.

9. If someone asked you to explain to them your philosophy of life (what you live by), what would you say, and how would you justify it?

The basics of the Golden Rule, and I don't have to justify it.

10. How do you make decisions? For example: How did you decide upon your career? How did you decide to marry your spouse (if married)?

I used my brain.

Why people seem to need to demonize other people they disagree with.

I think it is necessary to the evolution of human beings to believe in something greater than themselves.

Because it makes perfect sense.

No one "decides" whether or not God exists. If she believes a god does not exist then that is what she believes. You can't "decide" to change what you truly believe, any more than you can "choose" not to believe in Santa Claus.

I wish people could understand how the miraculous is all around us without benefit of a god. For example I think it is a miracle human beings evolved and exist on this planet.

I think it is a miracle when parents treat their children with kindness and love regardless of the family's makeup.

I think it would be a miracle if human beings understood not everyone is as emotionally or physically as strong and healthy as others, and that this is not a "choice" nor is it a "defect." It is the way it is, and we should do what we can to take care of the least of us, regardless of how much it costs.

It would also be a miracle of people understood there are times when helping someone is going to be counter-productive, but that it is the right thing to do anyway.

Ultimately, it would be a miracle if kindness were each person's primary motivating factor. rather than putting everyone in pigeonholes of right or wrong, usually based on their religions.

16. In your opinion, do you think abortion is killing an innocent life? If it isn’t, what is it? How did you come to your view about this issue?

1. I don't know.

2. The termination of a pregnancy.

3. By realizing it is not as black and white as most people say it is, that none of us can fully comprehend why most women have abortions, and that the "exceptions" that allow women to have an abortion are completely relative.

That right and wrong are relative, and that in the more complicated situations this should always be considered when determining which is which.

They die because they are biologic creatures and all biologic creatures die.

I have no idea what happens when they die.

The belief that a god, Christ, died for everyone's sins.
Why someone thinks I am so dull-witted I do not recognize when a "survey" is obviously weighted to prove the merits of Christianity.

Stop using "God" as an excuse to do unspeakable things to our fellow human beings, such as starting unecessary wars that obliterate innocent children and civilians.

Elphaba

Greetings,

For one of my classes in school we are studying worldview and we are suppose to survey people. So if anybody would answer these questions I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks

Sounds fun. Answers in red.

World View Survey

1. Occupation?

Software developer

2. Marital Status?

Married

3. On a scale of 0-5, how would you rate the following factors in contributing to a successful life? (0=unnecessary, 5=essential)

Education 0 1 2 3 4 5

Wealth 0 1 2 3 4 5

Marriage 0 1 2 3 4 5

Children 0 1 2 3 4 5

Lucky Breaks 0 1 2 3 4 5

happy, positive, courageous, virtuous

Wealth and worldly status are not always directly proportional with lasting happiness and peace.

Finding out and following God's will.

1. Endured to the end in following my faith

2. Accomplished as best I could what God wanted for me

3. Be known as having life long integrity

Yes, if I felt God required it of me.

My faith in, testimony of, and relationship with my Heavenly Father govern my life. They have proven to me to be the most trustworthy source of lasting peace and happiness, as well as the most trustworthy source of eternal truth in my life.

Through thoughtful meditation, prayer, and study. By study I mean making lists of possible choices and thoughtfully and prayerfully contemplating possible outcomes of each, and consulting with those I love and trust for guidance.

Why do some things seem so difficult for me to achieve, and when will I finally overcome the weaknesses in my life.

That's a loaded question. There are many reasons. I can only speak for myself. I believe because I was taught about Him and was taught how I can find out for myself, how to gain my own personal testimony, and I have done that.

Again that's a loaded question as there are many reasons. You want us to give what we think is the main / most common reason? I don't profess to know that, but can only give my opinion- I think it might just be that they haven't seriously considered, explored, and searched out the possibility that there is a God.

Search Him out, learn of Him, "try Him out". Conduct an experiment - follow His teachings and see what happens.

They are real. They still happen.

Yes. I have been taught and have felt the truth of the principle. This is somewhat of a misleading question since it implies asking whether abortion is right or not, but doesn't explicitly state whether it is meant to include all cases of abortion or if it allows exceptions. I think the answer to the stated question is yes, but I don't think abortion is wrong in all cases- in the case of rape / incest / life of the mother being in danger, abortion might be justifiable.

If something bring us closer to Heavenly Father, that makes it right. If something takes us farther away, that makes it wrong. We all are born with a conscience. Is also called the light of Christ. That means we can all feel if something is right or not. If we can't tell for sure, the Holy Ghost can help us decide if we pray and ask Heavenly Father to help us.

It's part of Heavenly Father's plan for us all to die, but we don't need to be afraid- it's not the end. We will live again, because Jesus made it so we can! When we die we leave our bodies behind and our spirits go back to see Heavenly Father and Jesus, and we wait until it's time for us to get our bodies back again and be resurrected!

That Jesus Christ is the Divine Son of God, and the Redeemer and Savior of the World.

What does my Heavenly Father want me to know and do at this point in my life?

I don't know- I only want the will of God to be done. If it be the will of God, I would hope that more people would be more tolerant and loving of each other.

That was fun. Thanks

The fact that Elpha believes the survey was weighted towards a Christian worldview (very likely, imho), and yet she took, demonstrates that she truly is willing to sacrifice much for what she believes in...and she believes in most of us at this site enough to do something that is more for joining in and being a part than it is a truly intellectual exercise. Kudos to our Elpha!

1. Occupation?

Mother

2. Marital Status?

Married

Education 3

Wealth 2

Marriage 5

Children 4

Religious Belief 5

Friends/Relationships 4

Lucky Breaks 0

Happy, Feel Good about themselves, live within their means

A need to idenitify success in life with material goods and power over others, instead of power over themselves.

Heavenly Father

1. My husband and childrens respect

2. Did as little harm as possible to the world whilst I lived in it

3. Happy Life

As long as I have food, warmth and shelter rest is unimportant

Learn wisdom from those around us, do as little harm as possible and listen to God

Prayer, Personal revelation, Instinct

they don't - I ponder things but am rarely troubled

Because he exists

I don't know

I decided because He was present in my life, I guess ask Him

They happen all around us all the time

Yes it is - My husband had been adopted if his Mum had aborted him our children would now not exist

depends on what it is at the age of my children I said so is a frequent answer

Their time on Earth is past and they have gone back to Heavenly Father

The Atonement

I am happy to wait for answers

Not sure I would I love the world I live in - maybe no children hungrym

Edited by Elgama

World View Survey

1. Occupation?

librarian/english teacher

2. Marital Status?

single

Education 0 1 2 3 4 5

Wealth 0 1 2 3 4 5

Marriage 0 1 2 3 4 5

Children 0 1 2 3 4 5

Lucky Breaks 0 1 2 3 4 5

education 3

wealth 0

marriage 3

children 3

religious belief 4

friends/relationships 5

lucky breaks 0

sincere, open, patient, considerate, fair

they have lost their ability to care, to be sincere, and to have compassion for their own as well as others' situation

to help others

i have been true to my beliefs, i have done all i could to help those who need help, i have been a positive force in the universe

no

the five precepts of buddhism. that is what the buddha taught.

i have always loved reading and learning. libraries were the natural direction that i knew i needed to take.

why people kill

it is a wonderful and comforting thing for those who believe

i do not, and i have never understood this concept.

as i have never decided this, i am unable to answer this question

it depends on how you define miracles. if they are from a divine source, i do not believe that such exist. if it is the miracle of life around us....the smile on a child's face, the green of the grass, the kindness of strangers, the smell of decaying wood, the softness of falling snow, etc.....then yes, i do believe in miracles. they are all around us.

yes, without exception

this is a VERY long answer....more than you probably care to hear!

i am not a christian, but i have always admired the teachings of christ. his love and compassion for all is very admirable.

i cannot think of one

that people would have greater love for each other

greetings,

for one of my classes in school we are studying worldview and we are suppose to survey people. So if anybody would answer these questions i would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks

world view survey

1. Occupation?

pt bookkeeper/housewife

2. Marital status?

married

education 0 1 2 3 4 5

wealth 0 1 2 3 4 5

marriage 0 1 2 3 4 5

children 0 1 2 3 4 5

religious belief 0 1 2 3 4 5

friends/relationships 0 1 2 3 4 5

lucky breaks 0 1 2 3 4 5

happy, optimistic

successful in a career, doesn't mean successful in life.

happiness. Which is directly related to my relationship with god.

faithfulness to god

love

family

don't understand this question. Are you asking about my lifestyle/comforts? Or my standards/morals?

See #7

i'd bare my testimony.

preferences/love.

fear of loss.

12. Why do you think some people believe in god?

humility and faith.

13. Why do you think some people do not believe in god?

pride.

14. How would someone decide whether or not god exists?

test him. Live as though you believed, and see what happens.

very possible. I've seen them.

yes, abortion is killing. I came to this view through logic.

“what makes something right, and what makes something wrong?”

does it agree with scripture? Does it agree with the prophets? Does it agree with the gospel? What does the spirit tell you?

“why do people die, and what happens to them when they die?”

it's a natural progression of life. They will go home.

18. What would you describe as the most essential beliefs of christianity?

charity, faith, humility.

why certain adversities exist.

20. If you could change one thing about our world, what would it be?anything i can think of takes away someone's agency, so i don't know. On a lighter side, i'd want all my favorite foods to not be fattening.

Edited by Starfish

1. Occupation?

Social Worker (for individuals with disabilities)

2. Marital Status?

Married

Education 0 1 2 3 4 5

Wealth 0 1 2 3 4 5

Marriage 0 1 2 3 4 5

Children 0 1 2 3 4 5

Lucky Breaks 0 1 2 3 4 5

-Education: 3 -- everyone must learn a skill in order to survive

-Wealth: 1 -- wealth is temporary

-Marriage: 5 -- I would not be the person I am today without my wife

-Children: 3 -- Children are a blessing, but I can only handle a few

-Religious Belief: 4 -- Religion is important, but it is what you do with those beliefs that matter.

-Friends/Relationships: 3 -- We cannot do everything by ourselves, but at the same time I think we need to be able to be independent if the need arises.

-Lucky Breaks: 5 -- I know there are many times I probably should have died while riding my motorcycle.

Thrifty, Diligent, Consistent

I would say that these individuals have spent so much time on one endeavor that they have lost touch with other aspects of life (i.e. family, hobbies, recreation, friends/family, health).

My highest priority is to give all I can to those I am around. Give my employer the best work I can, give my family all the love I can, and give to those who are less fortunate.

-My family loves me.

-I hope others remember me as a person who tried to help out where needed.

-I hope my wife is more in love with me as the day we got married.

I would rather work in a job that is emotionally rewarding than work in a job that pays well if it means I get to spend more time with my family. As long as the bills get paid, that is all I really care about.

Be in debt to no one. If you feel like you owe someone or something part of your life (time, money, energy, etc.), you can never be yourself.

I like to "go with the flow." In my experience, the more you try to force something to happen, the more it fails. So, my career is light years away from where I wanted to go when I was in high school. I got married sooner that I was planning because I found the woman I just could not pass up.

Leaving my family alone. I hate being alone, so I never want them to be alone, especially my wife.

I do not know the answer to that. I think it is like trying to explain what a bar of chocolate tastes like. The only way to understand is to taste it.

As said above, if someone has not "tasted" God, then they cannot believe. Some may have tasted, but do not recognize the taste.

Trial by fire. I think many people in times of trouble. Others may see God in the blessings he bestows... it is an individual experience.

Miracles are simply phenomena that we cannot fully explain. These could be the "biblical" miracles (i.e. raising the dead, healing the sick, parting the Red Sea, etc.), but there are also miracles in nature (i.e. gravity, birth, light, etc.).

Abortion is killing an innocent life. I love to go fishing. At the same time my heart sinks when I end the fish's life before it becomes a meal. If I feel this way about a fish, then how much more guilty would I feel if the potential for human life was ended by my action?

I would tell my child to listen to their gut. I believe that each of us knows what is right and wrong. It is up to us to make the right decisions.

When a person's life ends, they go to a place where they realize that mortality was just the beginning. The beginning can mean something different for each of us.

Charity -- giving unselfishly to others.

What holds the earth into orbit?

I would want to find a way to end the excessive wasting of resources (myself included).

Edited by jms.mills