freemasonry and mormons

agian mosse did not see god face to face this is an expresstion inhole sentance no the book u should put down the whole sentance not just half of a sentance mosses stod face to face with god as a burning bush not gods face

Why are you afraid to open your own Bible and look up a verse? If you are unwilling to read the verse from your own Bible then there really is no more we can do for you. There is really no point in continuing this conversation if you won't even do that one little thing, is there?

ooh ok code when confront with whot could be truth

odd !!!!!

No its is something totally unrelated. It's not some secret code. We were just trying to not say the word. I'm not sure if it's against to ruels to say it or not.

im sad to think that yes i do belive in god and sometime when u read things that get twisted or are taken out of context im sure u will correct that

I don't think I ever doubted that you believe in God. I have read all of those scriptures in context.

agian mosse did not see god face to face this is an expresstion inhole sentance no the book u should put down the whole sentance not just half of a sentance mosses stod face to face with god as a burning bush not gods face

Exodus chapter 33 speaks of when God spoke to Moses in the tabernacle. It doesn't mention the burning bush once. This is an entirly different encounter than on the Mountain. Please read the entire context of the verse to understand what we're discussing.

but a voice

is no one reading the post

I am reading the post. I'm replying too. Why aren't you replying to my posts?

as jesus states himself in the bible

But Jesus Himself said in the Bible that people can see God. These are His words:

Matthew 5:8

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

So Christ Himself said that the pure in heart will see God. Do you deny the words of Jesus?

NO MAN CAN BE GOD NORE SEE GOD HIMSELF

this is taken from the bible u know the book witch was around thounds of years before mormon came along

So fare I have quoted at least two scriptures from the Bible that says you are wrong. Would you please post some evidence toback up your postion or concede the point.

again no one is answering why u think u will be a god are u ashamed of this or something seems odd

I answered you. Are you ashamed to acknowledge my posts?

how can u preach something yet have no grounds apart from one man who was not a son of god who says that ,

How can you preach that God spoke to Moses via a burning bush yet have no grounds apart from one man who was not the Son of God? And technically speaking Joseph Smith is a son of God. I am a son of God too. We are all sons and daughters of God. But there is only one Son of God, an dthat is Jesus Christ.

where does it say in the bible u shal be a god and rule over ur own universe IT DOESNT can anyone at all explain this to me

The Bible says that we are gods:

Psalms 82:6

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Not even the LDS church says that we will rule our own universes. I personally believe that is true but it is not found in any Church doctrine.

in the first place i was not being confrentaional far from it

i was asking a question hoping for an ansewer instead i got a robotic avoindence for ansewers

No you didn't I answered you straight up. You must have not seen my responses becasue I answered you. Yet I keep getting a robotic avoidence from you.

when all i was trying to do was learn but i cant learn anything if no one wonts to give me a real teaching answer

please cdan anyone just read my posts in fall and teach me guid me to the correct ansewrs

Me, me, pick me! I've answered you.

Please quote some words of Jesus Christ to back up your position. I posted a verse from the Bible that says we are gods and children of God.

as when u ask the most simple of questions and get no ansewer u do start to wonder why no one is willing just to be honest and share thier true veiw on this

ashamed or just concerend this is offence to others is the only thing i can think it could be

but u should be after all im just trying so hard to learn thats all if u walk away from someone who just wont someone to be honest with them then how sure are u about ur faith

I've answered you. I'm being honest and sharing my true view on these things. I even offered to answer any question you post.

So, if I understand correctly, is this now a: "Mormons believe they can become gods!?!?!?" thread? What is the topic at this point?

-a-train

Hi a-train

If it has become a " Mormons believe they can become gods " thread, what is your belief on that?

BTW, You really should be wearing a helmet :) ( avatar )

Peace,

Carl

NO MAN CAN BE GOD NORE SEE GOD HIMSELF

this is taken from the bible u know the book witch was around thounds of years before mormon came along

Exodus 24:10-11:

And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

The Bible is loaded with testimonies of prophets and worshipers of God who SAW Him.

Genesis 12:7:

And the Lord appeared unto Abram...

Genesis 32:20:

And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Genesis 35:9:

And God appeared unto Jacob again...

1 Kings 9:2:

That the Lord appeared to Solomon the second time, as he had appeared unto him at Gibeon.

We are promised in Matthew 5:8:

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Acts 7:55-56 (a scripture mastery for all you seminary students out there):

But [stephen], being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Perhaps the greatest testimony in the Bible of the LORD is that of His disciples whereof we read:

And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. (Luke 24:36-40)

-a-train

Hi a-train

If it has become a " Mormons believe they can become gods " thread, what is your belief on that?

BTW, You really should be wearing a helmet :) ( avatar )

Peace,

Carl

Dude, helmets are sooooo lame bro.. They are... like.. tooootally bummer dude.

God and man are the same species. Jesus was born of woman. He is human. He lived in every way the human condition and died a human death. He rose from the grave and is an immortal human being. His resurrected body was not described by the eye witnesses of His resurrection as inhuman. They handled His human hands and feet and felt the prints of the nails. They ate with Him and watched Him physically eat. He physically ascended into the sky.

Mankind will be just as literally resurrected. He and we will eternally retain our form as beings of the human species. As the psalmist wrote: "Ye are Gods; and all of you are children of the most high." (Psalm 82:6) As Paul said: "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device." (Acts 17:28-29)

Indeed, as we are not made of stone, nor is God. Rather He and we are the same species and we are His children.

Perhaps we could be accused of pride in saying we are gods and children of the most high. But accusation in itself is a form of pride and the endeavor to submit our own will to God's commandments is not pride, but humility. As He commanded: "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." (Matt, 5:48)

-a-train

Edited by a-train

Dude, helmets are sooooo lame bro.. They are... like.. tooootally bummer dude.

God and man are the same species. Jesus was born of woman. He is human. He lived in every way the human condition and died a human death. He rose from the grave and is an immortal human being. His resurrected body was not described by the eye witnesses of His resurrection as inhuman. They handled His human hands and feet and felt the prints of the nails. They ate with Him and watched Him physically eat. He physically ascended into the sky.

Mankind will be just as literally resurrected. He and we will eternally retain our form as beings of the human species. As the psalmist wrote: "Ye are Gods; and all of you are children of the most high." (Psalm 82:6) As Paul said: "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device." (Acts 17:28-29)

Indeed, as we are not made of stone, nor is God. Rather He and we are the same species and we are His children.

Perhaps we could be accused of pride in saying we are gods and children of the most high. But accusation in itself is a form of pride and the endeavor to submit our own will to God's commandments is not pride, but humility. As He commanded: "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." (Matt, 5:48)

-a-train

Thanks for the generous and warm reply :):)

Thank you also for a very interesting perspective. I am aware ( other threads like KFD ) of the LDS doctrine and " not official teachings " that exist.

I was asking you what you believed because I have come to appreciate and admire many of your contributions to this forum ( even if I do not agree with many of them :lol:)

So, unless I missed something in your post, I am not sure you answered my question to you. Do YOU believe you can become a God ???

Thanks again for your willingness to share :)

Peace,

Carl

Do YOU believe you can become a God ???

Simple answer: Yes.

Expanded answer: I believe that I can become just like my Father(God) is. I can become perfect. I can raise my own spirit children. I believe that I have the potential to be the Father of Spirit children in a completely different universe than this one. God will always be my God. God will always be my father. I will always worship Him.

Expanded answer: I believe that I can become just like my Father(God) is. I can become perfect. I can raise my own spirit children. I believe that I have the potential to be the Father of Spirit children in a completely different universe than this one. God will always be my God. God will always be my father. I will always worship Him.

Hi desertgov,

Maybe I should start a new thread as to not steal this " freemason " from the OP ( SORRY)

Thanks for the reply ( From my bias perspective that does fit nicely with what JS taught at his KFD :))

To continue my thoughts on this, if I may and you are comfortable in sharing with me, If you can become a God and you will always have your God then wouldn't your God also have a God and so on and so on. Who and where is the FIRST GOD and how could the FIRST God be mere flesh like us???Where is the creator of ALL???

My Catholic confusion is obvious :lol:

God bless,

Carl

Or that our voices will promulgate in unison with the FATHER of this universe.

Hi desertgov,

Maybe I should start a new thread as to not steal this " freemason " from the OP ( SORRY)

Thanks for the reply ( From my bias perspective that does fit nicely with what JS taught at his KFD :))

Well I was hoping we could get a mod to split the thread.

To continue my thoughts on this, if I may and you are comfortable in sharing with me, If you can become a God and you will always have your God then wouldn't your God also have a God and so on and so on.

Essentially yes. Although not that I really nee dto remind you but it's not LDS doctrine, just my own personal opinion.

Who and where is the FIRST GOD

Saying there is a "first God" is putting a finite term on a infinite idea. In eternity there is no beginning or end. There is no past or future in eternity. Sorry, that's the best explaination I can come up with. My finite mind can not comprehend the eternities.

and how could the FIRST God be mere flesh like us???Where is the creator of ALL???

Well you also have to remember that we don't believe in Ex Nhilo. Meaning that we believe all matter existed in some form for eternity. It was never created neither can it be destroyed. We also believe the Spirit is a form of matter. So your question, in a LDS context, could also be extended to a spirit-only version of God.

But in answer to your question the best I can come up with is what I said above.

desertgov,

Ceeboo very much appreciates your reply as well as your willingness to share your perspective :):) Thanks a bunch!!!

Your Ex Nhilo point, interesting and thanks again

Lastly, as far as the " finding a mod to split this thread " good luck, they NEVER seem to do their job :lol::lol: ( kidding of course, they are marvelous )

Thanks again for sharing

God bless,

Carl