cool quote about zion

jjrogers

I found this quote in a book called The Coming of The Lord by Gerald Lund. It is talking about what we need physically to build zion. The quote is from David O McKay in 1935

"If we have in mind the physical Zion, then we must strive for more fertile acres; bring from the mountains gold and silver in abundance; found factories to furnish more employment; extend in length and width our concrete public highways; build banks to protect, or to dissipate, as has been the case recently, the wealth we accumulate; transform our vast coal fields into electricity that will furnish light, heat and power to eavery family; improve the means of communication until with radio in our pockets we may communicate with friends and loved ones from any point at any given moment."

Can I just say Cell phones. I love prophets.

I know this is off topic, but your title reminded me of when I first moved to where I live now. We moved from a big city in our state to a small suburb. Everyone in the ward would ask where we lived before moving here. We would tell them and they would shake their heads and say well sister and brother, "Welcome to Zion". At first I thought it was really annoying, now when I hear it it makes me laugh.

I found this quote in a book called The Coming of The Lord by Gerald Lund. It is talking about what we need physically to build zion. The quote is from David O McKay in 1935

"If we have in mind the physical Zion, then we must strive for more fertile acres; bring from the mountains gold and silver in abundance; found factories to furnish more employment; extend in length and width our concrete public highways; build banks to protect, or to dissipate, as has been the case recently, the wealth we accumulate; transform our vast coal fields into electricity that will furnish light, heat and power to eavery family; improve the means of communication until with radio in our pockets we may communicate with friends and loved ones from any point at any given moment."

Do you think this would make a convincing argument to my husband in favor of getting cell phones? :D

Are you aware that the telephone was invented in 1876??

Phones had been invented 60 years prior to this prophecy of radios. So Mr McKay did not need to use the word radio to describe a cell phone. He said we would carry radios in our pockets. To me that sounds like exactly the kind of thing that someone would say that knew about telephones and also knew about the development of radio technology during the early 1900's.

Edited by japacific