My mouth

Guest DeborahC

What is your thought on passing character traits from parent to child through genetics?

I don't know what you were commenting on here, but I have read in one of my deep deep doctrine books, either Doctrines of Salvation or Gospel Scholars Series by Skinner that we indeed pass down character traits through genetics, EVEN SPIRITUAL GENES !

It has to do with the cells that make up a person, they actually pass on cells that have a "memory" of all past ancestors and that this is actually what genes are in a scientific way of speaking.

Guest DeborahC

Applepansy, you're lucky!

Here, if you forget to use your placard, you get a luscious $250 fine! YIKES!

Hemi,

My thoughts are that many character traits are passed on in genetic material, including organs that have been donated.

You know, sometimes I wonder if nasty dispositions are genetic. My grandfather alienated all the family except for me about a year before his death. He was just horribly rude to everyone. Sometimes I worry I got that "mean gene!"

Example:

I have a hidden disability which makes it necessary for me to use a Handicapped Parking Pass in some lots, where I might be exposed to fumes.

The nature of my disabilitiy also causes me to have memory lapses, and because of that, I've got the pass taped to my back window so I don't forget to put it up on the mirror when I park.

Today I pulled into a parking place at the market, and as I got out and walked toward the market, this woman says, "You parked in a handicapped zone! Why did you do that!?"

I said, "Because I am handicapped and I DO have a pass!" which was ok..

but before I could stop myself, I had also said, 'What are you, the Handicapped Police!":o

She stuttered then because she didn't know what to say, and I stomped off into the market. But once I got in there I was embarrassed about my behavior. Honestly, I should have just politely explained. But it annoys me sometimes because people assume since they don't SEE my handicap it does not exist and they feel they have to yell at me.

I think I was doubly sensitive because a lady yelled at me yesterday also.

I don't know why I'm typing this, except maybe someone can give me some suggestions as to how to "watch my mouth" a little closer and not snap people's heads off. I'm sure the lady felt as stupid as I felt embarrassed...

I fear I inherited my grandpa's "mean genes!":eek:

Help?

One late night my wife and I stopped by the store to pick up a few things. As we were leaving a car load of teenagers parked in the handicapped spot (the entire parking lot was almost empty). As they ran by my wife and I – I called out “Wait those spots are for the PHYSICALLY handicapped.”

I believe the concept was too difficult for them – my wife expressed to me that I do not need to be so rude. - I acquired my mean genes all on my own. :(

The Traveler

Applepansy, you're lucky!

Here, if you forget to use your placard, you get a luscious $250 fine! YIKES!

Hemi,

My thoughts are that many character traits are passed on in genetic material, including organs that have been donated.

yes I'm lucky. . . I could easily get fined. I do try to remember, fortunately its rare when I do forget.

applepansy