So Where Is Everyone From?

Writer_Chick1213

I'm just wondering the general area everyone is from...any other fellow canadians on here? I'm from Alberta Canada. So how many LDS kids are there in your highschool? I've got 4 including myself and there are a total of 450 kids. And two of us including me are graduating this year so there will only be 2 of them left...poor little grade 10s.

If it helps im half canadian..my father was born there.... and i was raised always going there... because i'm originally from Seattle, Washington.. so canada is just a hop skip and a jump...

But now i Live in Yelm wa...which is a REALLY small town...about 60 miles south/west of Seattle...i miss seattle...

Oh well...

There are about 5 mormons in my school of about 1600

Blankie

lol your all from warm places!!! Its freezing cold here...time to break out sled dogs and move into the igloos...jk.

because i'm originally from Seattle, Washington.. so canada is just a hop skip and a jump...

We just had a missionary serving here from washington....he was from a small town ravensdale, which i think is somewhat close to Seattle.

well Franken... looks like you and I should be grateful huh? i'm from mormonville arizona.... fastest growing city in the nation right now- and my stake is the fastest growing stake in the entire LDS church- my high school has about 3200 kids in it- and while its not as LDS populated as yours in Utah- we have about 3-5 seminary classes running 1st-7th hour, with about 25 people in each.... you can do the math..... i'm amazed at all of you guys who can count the mormons in your school on your fingers.... you have so much strength- i'm not sure i could do it. props to ya! ;)

Hey you guys that have all the Mormons in your schools are lucky.. I wish i had that many here. i mean i think there might only be 2...at least two that i KNOW of.... wow that's really sad.. i wish i could be around mormons all the time..at sly groaschool.. i think that would help me seriously grow i mean spirtually.. we cant go to church because of my mom's work.She works @ wal-mart and she works nights and she doesn't get up til about 12 everyday and so it's just impossible...

So BE THANKFUL!!

blankie

I feel you PinkBlankie, I live in Cedar Park, Texas in Austin and at my school there are probably 3 mormons counting myself.

It is a brand new school. There are only grades 9&10 at the school now. Hopefully as it grows some more LDS people will come around.

There are zero mormons in my graduating class, not including me, I know that.

I wish there were more. :(

In my seminary class there is 17 people from grades 9-12.

Let's see, I'm from So Cal. I'm not sure how many lds kids there are at my school but in seminary there are about 15 kids in each grade (9-12).

I know what you mean about living around lots of mormons. Right now I'm applying to colleges (ack!) and one thing I've been trying to pay attention to is the strength of the church in the area. I'm applying to the Y but I don't think I'd like going there, a little overwhelming if you catch my drift. B)

Originally posted by Janeya@Nov 9 2004, 08:08 PM

Let's see, I'm from So Cal. I'm not sure how many lds kids there are at my school but in seminary there are about 15 kids in each grade (9-12).

I know what you mean about living around lots of mormons. Right now I'm applying to colleges (ack!) and one thing I've been trying to pay attention to is the strength of the church in the area. I'm applying to the Y but I don't think I'd like going there, a little overwhelming if you catch my drift. B)

Exactly

I get what you guys mean. When you live in a place where everyone you know is mormon and it has always been that way, you know like everyone was raised in the church, than nobody has the oppurtunity to gain their own testimony.

The gospel just doesn't feel like it should, or everyone doesn't know how blessed they are.

Everyone rebels, and acts like they know all the rules and standards of the church and they judge you.

I heard from a friend that they were miserable at BYU, Provo. She couldn't even be herself because everyone was judging her.

That's why if I do go to BYU, I'm going to Ricks, Idaho campus.

I'm not downing BYU whatsoever. I've just heard things about how some of the people are.

i live in erie, y'know, the lake?

we have, oh man, i think 5 mormons in my school, and there are 8 kids in my seminary class when everyone comes.

i really like not being in a completely mormon populated area, 1) you have the ability to stand on your own two feet. i would imagine, that in places where tehre are lots of mormons, it's simply easier to just be, cuz that's what there is. and 2) there isn't the constant pressure of knowing that people who are "better then you" are watching you all the time.

but i would imagine there are benefits to either.

• 3 weeks later...