Tonight I Saw Napoleon Dynamite

StrawberryFields

I wished that I would have known about the extended scene! :o I guess that I will have to see it again...

Any news of when it will be available for sale, my daughter really wants it.

I think that my daughter and her friend enjoyed watching my husband and I seeing it for the first time. She has seen it three times already. ;)

I still am not sure if Kip's internet girlfriend is a woman or not. What about Tina the fat lard? Or the cow...with the passing school bus!!!!

I have heard kids talking about tots and other one liners but what got me to go was the foo foo ladies I had lunch with yesterday. The foo foo ladies are my friends in the ward who get together and have lunch or go shopping. My husband has lovingly given them the name and now we have become an organization. ;)

I wonder where this movie has been the best received. It sure was not expensive to make, they didn't even do anything to update the house they lived in. One of the first things I noticed was the bobcat that hung on the wall; we used to have one just like it on our wall in the 70's. The suit that he buys at the D.I. (loved that part) looked similar to one my husband owned when he took me to a dance in high school.

Want to know more? http://sundance.weblogsinc.com/entry/3463694269313459/

Originally posted by Franken@Nov 18 2004, 01:20 AM

It's changing the world! Wonderful movie :D I'm going to buy it first day it comes out, aint waiting for christmas!

Franken, What is your signiture about? Is it something upside down?

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Nov 18 2004, 04:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ Nov 18 2004, 04:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Franken@Nov 18 2004, 01:20 AM

It's changing the world!  Wonderful movie  :D  I'm going to buy it first day it comes out, aint waiting for christmas!

If you make a fist and put your index finger and pinky finger in the air, that is what it is.

Originally posted by Jenda+Nov 18 2004, 06:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Nov 18 2004, 06:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Strawberry Fields@Nov 18 2004, 04:51 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--Franken@Nov 18 2004, 01:20 AM

It's changing the world!  Wonderful movie  :D   I'm going to buy it first day it comes out, aint waiting for christmas!

If you make a fist and put your index finger and pinky finger in the air, that is what it is.

Well... that pretty much explains it :D

Originally posted by iamalighthouse@Nov 18 2004, 02:03 PM

I watched that movie about two weeks ago and i thought it was the dumbest movie in the whole world.

It was also very inappropriate. the things that were implied. i didn't think it was good at all. I HATED it!

You're just like my sister. You're taking what was meant to be comical in the movie as a personal offense. And can you honestly suggest any other movies out there that would be better? Whereas in this example, they use "freakin" instead of a few other words, and things like that. Also. THIS IS NOT NON-FICTION. People are not like that, there really isn't anyone. I'm sorry, but there aren't!

Originally posted by Franken@Nov 20 2004, 03:26 AM

I believe what iamalighthouse is referring to as inappropriate is how the movie makes fun of the "geek" crowd when in actuality it's an extreme exagerration of the "geek" crowd. No one is really like that.

I do believe that their are geeks similar to these in the movie…although maybe not as self assured.

Having only seen this movie one time I am a little confused. It may not be as knowledgeable about this as some of you.

This is what I took from this movie:

Yes there are some geeks in this movie and they do group together. I don't think that they believe they are geeks. They are just kids being themselves and they don't see themselves as different at all. The two main geeks ask the most popular girls to the dance and they are sincere in their approach. One of the geeks decides to run for student body office and you know how that turns out. The geeks rejoice and win and the end just for being who they are. In actuality nobody really admires those who need to be fake everyday of their lives just to be popular. Even popular kids have some geeky traits; they are just more concerned about what others think, so they keep themselves in check.

What is being popular after all? Who sets the standards for being popular? In being popular, is it required that you separate yourself socially from some other kids?

It would be such a great thing if all students understood that their life in school is such a small percentage of their lives. Once you are out of high school the things you thought were so important don't matter anymore.

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Nov 20 2004, 09:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ Nov 20 2004, 09:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Franken@Nov 20 2004, 03:26 AM

I believe what iamalighthouse is referring to as inappropriate is how the movie makes fun of the "geek" crowd when in actuality it's an extreme exagerration of the "geek" crowd.  No one is really like that.

I do believe that their are geeks similar to these in the movie…although maybe not as self assured.

Having only seen this movie one time I am a little confused. It may not be as knowledgeable about this as some of you.

This is what I took from this movie:

Yes there are some geeks in this movie and they do group together. I don't think that they believe they are geeks. They are just kids being themselves and they don't see themselves as different at all. The two main geeks ask the most popular girls to the dance and they are sincere in their approach. One of the geeks decides to run for student body office and you know how that turns out. The geeks rejoice and win and the end just for being who they are. In actuality nobody really admires those who need to be fake everyday of their lives just to be popular. Even popular kids have some geeky traits; they are just more concerned about what others think, so they keep themselves in check.

What is being popular after all? Who sets the standards for being popular? In being popular, is it required that you separate yourself socially from some other kids?

It would be such a great thing if all students understood that their life in school is such a small percentage of their lives. Once you are out of high school the things you thought were so important don't matter anymore.

That's a good PoV

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Nov 22 2004, 12:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ Nov 22 2004, 12:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Nov 22 2004, 11:58 AM

If it doesn't come out till Dec. 21, how has everyone seen it already?

It will be out on DVD for sale to the public then. :)

So ............ where did you see it?

Originally posted by Jenda+Nov 22 2004, 01:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Nov 22 2004, 01:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Strawberry Fields@Nov 22 2004, 12:02 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Nov 22 2004, 11:58 AM

If it doesn't come out till Dec. 21, how has everyone seen it already?

It will be out on DVD for sale to the public then. :)

So ............ where did you see it?

I saw the movie at The Jordan Commons; a movie theater.