A different take on the Millenium

I went to the link and briefly scanned over it. Many of the things posted don't agree with our doctrine of the last days and the millenium. But it is interesting to read sometimes what other's believe. Like Kriss said...I don't agree but ummm...interesting to read.

I went to the link and briefly scanned over it. Many of the things posted don't agree with our doctrine of the last days and the millenium. But it is interesting to read sometimes what other's believe. Like Kriss said...I don't agree but ummm...interesting to read.

Yes, I believe this is the "Christian Beliefs" Forum. I figured why not get ourselves familiar with some of the non-conventional beliefs, because you never know who you will run into and talk religion. Plus, it gives us all a chance to study and find the scriptural basis for our faith thus we are prepared if the conversation ever comes up.

My favourite end time theory is "pan-milleniallism", that is it will all pan out as God wants it. I like it for 3 reasons....

1) From my bible reading the people of God in every era have almost always either missed, misunderstood or failed to appreciate what God was doing. I don't see why we will be any different. (The twelve disciples were with Jesus for several years, yet they kept misreading, misunderstanding until God deemed it right to open their eyes)

2) Too many people have come up with too many scheme's, interpretative keys etc and so far they have all been wrong! Jesus indicated that we might be able to pick the season but as for the actual return it will be like "theif in the night". After the event we might be able to come up with the timing that marked out the 7 years etc but I doubt anyone will really be able to countdown the days till his return.

3) Way too many people spend way to much effort prognosticating and worrying instead of doing something that will really have an effect on the future like praying.

As to whether it is straight to a new earth, a 1000 years on this one or straight to heaven. IMHO Living on an earth with Jesus as Lord would be as close to heaven as any new future world/heaven when compared to how things are now.