1 Nephi 14:13-14

pam

Reference Search: 1 Nephi 14:13-14

13 And it came to pass that I beheld that the great mother of abominations did gather together multitudes upon the face of all the earth, among all the nations of the Gentiles, to fight against the Lamb of God.

14 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.

Quotes for Discussion

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t202 path="m,l,21600r21600,l21600,xe" o:spt="202" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t"></v:path></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_s1026 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0.15pt; Z-INDEX: 251659776; MARGIN-LEFT: -37.05pt; WIDTH: 36pt; POSITION: absolute; HEIGHT: 27pt" stroked="f" filled="f" type="#_x0000_t202"></v:shape><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>A “Final <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Battle</st1:City></st1:place>”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

President Hugh B. Brown spoke of the “final battle” between Satan and his followers and the followers of God:

“I hope that every young man under the sound of my voice will resolve tonight, ‘I am going to keep myself clean. I am going to serve the Lord. I am going to prepare every way I can for future service, because I want to be prepared when the final battle shall come.’

“And some of you young men are going to engage in that battle. Some of you are going to engage in the final testing time, which is coming and which is closer to us than we know.”

In Conference Report, October 1967, p. 115<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<v:shape id=_x0000_s1027 style="MARGIN-TOP: 3.95pt; Z-INDEX: 251660800; MARGIN-LEFT: -37.05pt; WIDTH: 36pt; POSITION: absolute; HEIGHT: 27pt" stroked="f" filled="f" type="#_x0000_t202"></v:shape><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Armed with Righteousness<o:p></o:p>

To be armed with righteousness is to be armed with the power of God and to be worthy of the Lord’s protecting care. The Lord has made it clear that those who will be safe in the last days are those who have “received the truth, and have taken the Holy Spirit for their guide” (D&C 45:57).

President Harold B. Lee taught: “By faith in God you can be attuned to the Infinite and by power and wisdom obtained from your Heavenly Father harness the powers of the universe to serve you in your hour of need in the solution of problems too great for your human strength or intelligence” (Church News, 15 Aug. 1970, p. 2).

With the power of the priesthood, faith, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Saints of the last days will be armed sufficiently to withstand all opposition.

Student Manual, Religion 121-122, p. 14<o:p></o:p>

• 3 weeks later...