'Destined to Repeat(?)' and the 9-12 project

Maxel

I don't know if anyone follows Glenn Beck's show, but he had a special one yesterday (called 'Destined to Repeat(?)') about the current trends America is in and the possibility of fascism taking over should a major economical crisis hit America.

Before I talk much about it: did anyone else see it, and if so, what were your opinions? I'm also looking into what's called the 9-12 Project, which is the first movement I've seen that I feel might be worth joining. If anyone has heard of that, what are your opinions?

I started to watch it but didn't get past the Mussolini part...I could kind've see where his 'cult of personality' was headed. Was I wrong about that?

I like his 9-12 attitude though. I remember how everyone was nicer on that day. That's something I'm gonna try to put into my own life :D

I can only take Beck in small doses....same with Rush. Sorry I missed that one. I like Dennis Miller and Michael Medved.......

I love Dennis Miller.

My favorite Bush joke of his:

After all, Bush never promised we'd find nuclear weapons in Iraq. He said nucular.

Still cracks me up.

Elph

I started to watch it but didn't get past the Mussolini part...I could kind've see where his 'cult of personality' was headed. Was I wrong about that?

I like his 9-12 attitude though. I remember how everyone was nicer on that day. That's something I'm gonna try to put into my own life :D

"Cult of personality"? I have no idea what you're talking about; could you expound a bit more? And what did he say about Mussolini that turned you away?

I agree with what Beck said: you had to watch the entire episode to get the whole thing in context. He goes as far as saying that, if a person can't watch the entire episode then watch something else, because it's not something that can be taken out of context and still keep its overall meaning intact. You probably missed the dramatic re-enactment of Thomas Paine talking about why Americans need to take some kind of action; it was at the end. Personally, that struck a chord with me.

If you liked his attitude about '9-12', I encourage you to at least check out the website for the organization- The 9-12 Project.

Edited by Maxel

"Cult of personality"? I have no idea what you're talking about; could you expound a bit more? And what did he say about Mussolini that turned you away?

I agree with what Beck said: you had to watch the entire episode to get the whole thing in context. He goes as far as saying that, if a person can't watch the entire episode then watch something else, because it's not something that can be taken out of context and still keep its overall meaning intact. You probably missed the dramatic re-enactment of Thomas Paine talking about why Americans need to take some kind of action; it was at the end. Personally, that struck a chord with me.

If you liked his attitude about '9-12', I encourage you to at least check out the website for the organization- The 9-12 Project.

I heard the part where he said if you can't watch it all change the channel. And I thought I would watch it all. So I was totally wrong and Mr. Beck did not compare Pres. Obama to various iconic world leaders of the past? If so then I owe him a big mental apology.

I don't know if anyone follows Glenn Beck's show, but he had a special one yesterday (called 'Destined to Repeat(?)') about the current trends America is in and the possibility of fascism taking over should a major economical crisis hit America.

Before I talk much about it: did anyone else see it, and if so, what were your opinions? I'm also looking into what's called the 9-12 Project, which is the first movement I've seen that I feel might be worth joining. If anyone has heard of that, what are your opinions?

It will happen...the best thing you can do right now is make preparation of the possibilities. We are entering a period of time of what I term as the 'Sweeping', within the church and the nation.

I heard the part where he said if you can't watch it all change the channel. And I thought I would watch it all. So I was totally wrong and Mr. Beck did not compare Pres. Obama to various iconic world leaders of the past? If so then I owe him a big mental apology.

No; there was no comparison between specific people today and past figures (especially dictators). The only really damming instance was where Beck showed Hillary Clinton describing herself as a Progressive (the type from the early 20th century) and then goes on to show how the Progressive movement was largely responsible for the shift to turn away from the Constitution to bigger government.

The point of the show was to highlight frightening parallels between our current governmental trends and past instances where the same thing has led to fascism- a large part was focused on the out-of-control spending America is currently doing.