100 days, 100 mistakes

bytor2112

JOE SCARBOROUGH, GLENN BECK AND OTHERS ON OBAMA'S SHORT, ERROR-PRONE TIME IN OFFICE.......read here100 DAYS, 100 MISTAKES FOR BARACK OBAMA - New York Post

I have a feeling, Bytor. It's coming in... I suspect you might not like Obama. It might be because of the 6-7 anti-Obama posts you make every day, but... I'm starting to think you aren't a fan.

EDIT: I read some of these.

"Mr. Obama is an accomplished orator but is becoming known in America as the 'teleprompt president' over his reliance on the machine when he gives a speech." - Obama uses a teleprompter. Woo.

12. Hugo Chavez gave him the anti-American screed "The Open Veins of Latin America." Obama didn't remark upon it. At least it wasn't DVDs.

Obama didn't curse out Hugo Chavez in front of him. Oh no!

13. Nicaragua's Daniel Ortega went on a 50-minute anti-American rant, calling Obama "president of an empire." Obama didn't leave the room. "I thought it was 50 minutes long. That's what I thought," he said.

Obama is a statesman. Oh no.

14. Executives at AIG get $165 million in bonuses, despite receiving an $173 billion taxpayer bailout.

The buyout is a mistake, but that's one huge mistake. Nothing can be done about the bonuses because it's in their contracts.

15. "For months, the Obama administration and members of Congress have known that insurance giant AIG was getting ready to pay huge bonuses while living off government bailouts. It wasn't until the money was flowing and news was trickling out to the public that official Washington rose up in anger and vowed to yank the money back." -- Associated Press, 3/18

Relating to 14. Again, the buyouts were a mistake. A huge mistake, but this is one mistake.

16. "After pushing Congress for weeks to hurry up and pass the massive $787 billion stimulus bill, President Obama promptly took off for a three-day holiday getaway." -- New York Post, 2/15

He took a weekend off after a month and a half of straight work. Oooh.

17. MEGHAN CLYNE ON: "I WON" AND THE DEATH OF BIPARTISANSHIP

"Obama soared to victory on the hopeful promise of a new era of bipartisanship. During his inaugural address he even promised an 'end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn-out dogmas, that for far too long have strangled our politics.'

"Too bad it took all of three days for the promise to ring hollow.

This isn't a mistake. This is just an insult. One that we expect from Meghan Clyne, a dyed-in-the-wool Republican who wrote just August Articles as:

"A Fitting Choice: Conservative policies remade New York — into the perfect GOP convention city"

and

"Yay, Republicans! Democrats eat donkey poo."(Okay. I made this last one up).

So, to reiterate what the mistakes were:

Obama pushed for the bailouts.

Obama uses teleprompters.

Obama doesn't spit in the faces of foreign dignitaries, even if they're saber rattling.

This is news?

Edited by FunkyTown

I have a feeling, Bytor. It's coming in... I suspect you might not like Obama. It might be because of the 6-7 anti-Obama posts you make every day, but... I'm starting to think you aren't a fan.

Nope. Not a fan. Wasn't a fan of GW either. I would have posted absurdities about Bush's antics as well....if I had been a member when he was still relevant. That being said, I am not endorsing every article that I post. Rather, if I find something to be of interest I post it.....just to say, "check it out and what do you think?" Often, I don't make a comment on the thread.

I am very disenchanted with politicians and parties in general.....frankly they make me feel a bit nauseous. President Obama seems like a truly likable fellow, the kind of guy you might have a beer with (rootbeer of course), his policies are what I rail against. I have no animosity toward the man personally....although I must admit that I find his choice of friends at various times in his life to be a bit "suspect", but his friendships with William Ayers and Reverend Wright were probably for political favor......I guess? Either way it doesn't add esteem to him in my eyes. The whole race issue made many sigh with relief......even me to a degree, but at what cost? We won't know for a while. But, common sense should lead most rational thinking people to the conclusion that this type of unbridled spending....utterly wasteful spending will lead to future economic chaos. For all of Obama's rhetoric, he has continued many of Bush's unpopular policies and he has way surpassed the deficit King (GW) in spending.....and no it wasn't necessary. The same blind following of Bush is now going on with Obama.........really it just makes me cringe.

Edited by bytor2112

I can't argue with that, Bytor. You're right - He has become a cult of personality, seemingly above the office he wields. The very things that made me cringe about GW (The lack of respect for civil rights and the desire to push through a stimulus package) are what he's doing. I can agree with that.

I suspect, however, that there might be a better way of doing it. I think there might be some alienating happening with people that see the many, many posts being done about the man. Some of these(Like the hundred mistakes one) don't necessarily add anything new. Others (Like the opening of a Gitmo-like prison in Afghanistan), I am incredibly grateful for as I hadn't heard about it.

I don't know what the answer is, to be honest. I think we need an informed electorate, but the news has to be new and relevant. However, kudos on the finds you have made. I was frankly shocked to hear that shutting down Gitmo was just the public face of doing exactly what Gitmo was doing in another place.

Oh, gimme a break! Even if Obama established world peace and ended hunger, you guys would find fault.

Sure he's not perfect and may have made some mistakes, but he's not any more error-prone than other presidents, and a GREAT improvement over the last one! Given the circumstances, I think he's doing a pretty decent job in a tough situation.

HEP

Oh, gimme a break! Even if Obama established world peace and ended hunger, you guys would find fault.

Sure he's not perfect and may have made some mistakes, but he's not any more error-prone than other presidents, and a GREAT improvement over the last one! Given the circumstances, I think he's doing a pretty decent job in a tough situation.

HEP

He is not a great improvement.......not even an improvement. He is a lateral movement...maybe. Had Obama not supported the 'emergency" spending bill and the omnibus bill and reigned in Tarp II, I would be singing his praises, at least on that front.

EDIT: I read some of these.

"Mr. Obama is an accomplished orator but is becoming known in America as the 'teleprompt president' over his reliance on the machine when he gives a speech." - Obama uses a teleprompter. Woo.

12. Hugo Chavez gave him the anti-American screed "The Open Veins of Latin America." Obama didn't remark upon it. At least it wasn't DVDs.

Obama didn't curse out Hugo Chavez in front of him. Oh no!

13. Nicaragua's Daniel Ortega went on a 50-minute anti-American rant, calling Obama "president of an empire." Obama didn't leave the room. "I thought it was 50 minutes long. That's what I thought," he said.

Obama is a statesman. Oh no.

14. Executives at AIG get $165 million in bonuses, despite receiving an $173 billion taxpayer bailout.

The buyout is a mistake, but that's one huge mistake. Nothing can be done about the bonuses because it's in their contracts.

15. "For months, the Obama administration and members of Congress have known that insurance giant AIG was getting ready to pay huge bonuses while living off government bailouts. It wasn't until the money was flowing and news was trickling out to the public that official Washington rose up in anger and vowed to yank the money back." -- Associated Press, 3/18

Relating to 14. Again, the buyouts were a mistake. A huge mistake, but this is one mistake.

16. "After pushing Congress for weeks to hurry up and pass the massive $787 billion stimulus bill, President Obama promptly took off for a three-day holiday getaway." -- New York Post, 2/15

He took a weekend off after a month and a half of straight work. Oooh.

17. MEGHAN CLYNE ON: "I WON" AND THE DEATH OF BIPARTISANSHIP

"Obama soared to victory on the hopeful promise of a new era of bipartisanship. During his inaugural address he even promised an 'end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn-out dogmas, that for far too long have strangled our politics.'

"Too bad it took all of three days for the promise to ring hollow.

This isn't a mistake. This is just an insult. One that we expect from Meghan Clyne, a dyed-in-the-wool Republican who wrote just August Articles as:

"A Fitting Choice: Conservative policies remade New York — into the perfect GOP convention city"

and

"Yay, Republicans! Democrats eat donkey poo."(Okay. I made this last one up).

So, to reiterate what the mistakes were:

Obama pushed for the bailouts.

Obama uses teleprompters.

Obama doesn't spit in the faces of foreign dignitaries, even if they're saber rattling.

This is news?

Just so you won't have to wonder about me. I DON'T LIKE OBAMA.

I suspect President Obama's over-reliance on the teleprompter reflects his acute awareness of what happens to Presidents who go off-script.

People who speak off-the-cuff frequently are bound to make a couple of howlers here and there. President Obama's constituency made such effective use of Bush's, that Obama will probably never again feel comfortable with extemporaneous speaking as long as he remains in office.

It's like the guy who, having killed someone by poisoning, never eats another meal in peace. Poetic justice, IMHO.