Help me handle

Elgama

OK new callings in the branch - and I know I will eventually see the reason for it and will sustain the man of God I know my branch president is BUT

I have mentioned several times on the board about the woman that bullied me to the point I was scared to go to church and nearly destroyed my faith she been called as Primary President- I did reluctantly put my hand up to sustain her but I am struggling I felt sick at the time and wanted to cry. The woman is vindictive, bullying and has some awful ideas about the gospel and I now need to entrust my daughter to her care for 2 hours every week.

How do I get faith this is the right thing? I do actually have an intellectual understanding of why it is, and suspect it may in long run protect our branch due to another calling that was made today which will prevent her being called as a counsellor in Relief Society.

HELP me guys I am terrfied and sick about letting my daughter go to primary i know Lord will protect our Ellie he always does she is very much a favourite daughter of his, but my daughter is also forthright and a wriggle bottom and I am so worried this woman will bully her?

-Charley

Alot of times people are called for a reason....I know there are several here who question the Bishop having inspiration, especially when its someone they don't agree with. I am not saying that about you, I will say I have personally seen where a person is truly called and if they fulfill that calling to the best of their ability ....you will see that change of heart we read about in the Book of Mormon.....if I were you I would humble myself and pray each day that this sister will and can fulfill her calling and that her heart will be softened in the process. The next time you attend the Temple I would put her name on the prayer roll....she needs all the help she can get right now. She has just aboout the hardest calling in the Church other then that of a Nursery Leader.

In addition to palerider-

Make sure you are open with your daughter that she can come to you and tell you if anything is ever said or done that makes her upset or uncomfortable. This applies to school, church, friends houses, everywhere.

I had an adult (a visitor, no less) put their hands on my child and tell him to shut up. This happened during primary and I only heard "your son got in trouble today" until my son told us the whole story! Luckily, we were able to turn it into a positive learning experience and he now understands that some adults do not know how to act appropriately.

I'm really not trying to give you more worries. I just know that as mothers we need to protect and empower our children. Chances are high that everything will be just fine. But, our children are going to come across mean people in their lives so we might as well prepare them for it!

ETA: Don't be afraid to drop in from time to time to check things out! That might ease your fears.

It possible this calling is so she can learn something, if nothing else I imagine that calling will teach you patience in a hurry or get you taking Valium in a hurry, either way she'll learn to chill some.

That said, she doesn't have any more right to do anything that is outside of her stewardship than she did before. Bullying children (or people period) would be outside her purview just as much now as it was before so don't let her get away with anything. I don't know your past experience with her in detail, but chances are you are many times more likely to stand up for your daughter than you would have been for yourself, which in the abstract could be a good thing for both of you.

ugh no LM good advice but cannot work with her but you are all right I just need to work on finishing forgiveness I guess but also have had a blessing that said she was as unpleasant as I felt.

Pale you are very right - I am not remotely questioning it as wrong, and I know I will deal with it but need to find strength at a time when I have just had a baby.... and never great at this stage.

But will also take the other advice and just keep an eye out and protect my daughter and if she is still there when time comes my son

-Charley