1 Nephi 21:14

pam

Reference Search: 1 Nephi 21:14

14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.

Quotes for Discussion

You know there has been great discussion in relation to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Zion</st1:City></st1:place>—where it is, and where the gathering of the dispensation is and which I am going to tell you. The prophets have spoken and written upon it; but I will make a proclamation that will cover a broader ground. The whole of <st1:country-region w:st="on">America</st1:country-region> is <st1:City w:st="on">Zion</st1:City> itself from north to south, and is described by the Prophets, who declare that it is <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Zion</st1:place></st1:City> where the mountain of the Lord should be, and that it should be in the center of the land. When Elders shall take up and examine the old prophecies in the Bible, they will see it.

TPJS, 362<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t202 coordsize="21600,21600" path="m,l,21600r21600,l21600,xe" o:spt="202"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t"></v:path></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_s1026 style="MARGIN-TOP: 8.6pt; Z-INDEX: 251657216; MARGIN-LEFT: -37.05pt; WIDTH: 36pt; POSITION: absolute; HEIGHT: 27pt" type="#_x0000_t202" stroked="f" filled="f"></v:shape><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The Shoulders of the Philistines<o:p></o:p>

Seven hundred years before the birth of the Savior, the Prophet Isaiah, looking down the vista of time, saw the Latter-day gathering of the scattered House of Israel, and said concerning them: “They shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the West.” We recognize the fulfillment of that prophecy in the founding of this Church by Joseph Smith, a lineal descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who thus lifted the Ensign for the gathering of their descendants from their long dispersion among the nations. But a part of the fulfillment rests with the Gentiles. Their steamships, their railroads, their means of rapid transit and communication—these are “the shoulders of the Philistines,” upon which the children of Ephraim have been and are being brought to the West, to the land of Zion, where the New Jerusalem is to rise, where the pure in heart will assemble, and the necessary preparation be made for the coming of the Lord in his glory. God works outside as well as inside his Church, and uses big things and little things for the accomplishment of his purposes.

Orson F. Whitney, in Conference Report, Oct. 1919, p. 69<o:p></o:p>