American Idol

Snow

I was watching Constantine, the long-haired rocker, sing tonight. After he finished the camera panned the audience and caught his family cheering. Everyone watching at my house, my wife and kids, all said: "Mormon family!" I don't think there are but they sure looked the part, freshly scrubbed and dressed for Easter.

So who do you like this year?

Guest TheProudDuck

Originally posted by Snow@Apr 13 2005, 07:04 PM

Has no one recognized the word play in the topic and title?

Jason, surely you didn't miss it...

Milvian Bridge, in hoc signo vinces, and all that. Cool wordplay.

Originally posted by ExMormon-Jason@Apr 13 2005, 07:54 PM

Snow,

Noticed it, but didn't know I was supposed to respond....assumed many here understood as well.

Have you forgotten about my uncontrollable need to be noticed?

Note: Leave it to PD to class up the joint with a touch of Latin.

Guest estump

Constantine looks almost exactly what my husband looked like w/ long hair. The resemblance is uncanny....all of my girlfriends pick on my husband about it. LOL! :D

As far as them being Mormon...somehow I doubt it...but it's possible, as in life anything is possible. BASED on his very greek heritage, I'd peg him for greek orthodox though.

His performance this past week FAR surpassed everyone else's, so he for the second time, received my vote. I think he wants it the most....

Guest bizabra

And what's up with Paula? Is she on drugs or what? I can't believe her behavior, it's very disturbing. I thought she was going to fall over the other night. Her speech seems increasingly slurred. She acts inappropriate, somehow.

Tsk tsk for the producers to not take note and do something about it to get her help if she needs it. To display her in a seeimgly intoxicated state week after week seems wrong and kinda creepy.

Any else think so?

Guest estump

I saw her on an interview w/ Leno and she seemed to be intoxicated. I wonder if she is 'on' something...because she wasn't this flaky in the first or second year...I didn't watch last year becuase I think they need to do American Idol every OTHER year...it makes it more fun. I know she has a lot on her plate.....but she seems increasingly disturbed...and apparently I am not the only one noticing!

Tonight I went to the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion in Los Angeles for this talent showcase/competition for the best of So. Cal High School students of the arts. To start the show one of last years winners sang a song. After he sang I turned to my daughter and said: "Dog, It wass ahlright. Started a little pitchy, but he worked it out, Dog.

Right after that, unbenownst to us, Paula Abdul walks on stage as the MC.

Turns out she is only 3' 11'' in real life. My daughter didn't care to much about that. She was busy drooling over Ethan Stiefel from ABT Here who was one of the judges.

Guest estump

Yeah, Ethan is a hottie. I guess I didn't realize Paula Abdul was so short. I was thinking she was life 5'2" or something....she's shorter than that??!! Wow!

Originally posted by bizabra@Apr 15 2005, 07:48 PM

And what's up with Paula? Is she on drugs or what? I can't believe her behavior, it's very disturbing. I thought she was going to fall over the other night. Her speech seems increasingly slurred. She acts inappropriate, somehow.

Tsk tsk for the producers to not take note and do something about it to get her help if she needs it. To display her in a seeimgly intoxicated state week after week seems wrong and kinda creepy.

Any else think so?

It's interesting that other people have noticed. My niece mentioned that she thought she was drunk during an airing. She does seem to act a little glassy eyed and ditzy more than usual.

M.

Originally posted by Snow@Apr 18 2005, 10:24 AM

I'm teasing. She looked about 5'2" or 5'3".

At 5'2", Paula doesn't have an immediate physical presence, but she makes up for it with some of the most sculpted legs in the business. She also has the honor of owning one of the nicest smiles in the music industry. And of course, we can't help but mention "the mole" in discussing her natural beauty. It's a beauty mark, isn't it?

http://www.askmen.com/women/singer_60/83b_...aula_abdul.html

Originally posted by Marsha+Apr 18 2005, 12:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marsha @ Apr 18 2005, 12:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Snow@Apr 18 2005, 10:24 AM

I'm teasing. She looked about 5'2" or 5'3".

At 5'2", Paula doesn't have an immediate physical presence, but she makes up for it with some of the most sculpted legs in the business. She also has the honor of owning one of the nicest smiles in the music industry. And of course, we can't help but mention "the mole" in discussing her natural beauty. It's a beauty mark, isn't it?

Of course I am certainly definitely not the type to stare through the binoculars at Paula Abduls legs from the balcony of the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion but I would have to say that her legs weren't that great, kinda short, kinda stocky - not that I am the type that would notice - but I'd say she looked fairly matronly in a very tight dress. My sister saw her last year and said she look waif thin but that was last year - not that I care or would notice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest estump

I am sure most of you now know that Constantine was Greek orthodox...as I pointed out and NOT LDS. I figured as much w/ his name and location! :-)

Now, DH and I were both surprised he was voted off last night. WHY Anthony is still around is beyond me. He drives me bonkers!