Lds Tour Guide In Mexico

Guest btjohnsonma

Guest btjohnsonma

Does anyone know how I can find an LDS tour guide in Mexico to take us through Chichen Itza and Tulum (it's okay if the guide only speaks Spanish)? We are going to Cancun later this year and I would like to tour the ruins with an LDS guide. Thanks.

I did this but I just used plain old local guides, not LDS. The ones I had were local school teachers supplementing their income. Most speak at least some English.

And, if you do this do not miss Uxmal, just up the road from Chichen Itza. There is also a great old hotel at Chichen Itza, built for European travelers during the early 1900's, I stayed over Christmas once when I was there a few years ago.

If it is simple day trips you are interested in, you'll be inundated with offers once you hit your Cancun hotel, but I bought a Cancun hotel/air package and just spent two nights in Cancun, the first and the last nights of my trip, touring the Yucatan in the meantime and staying at Chichen Itza or in Progresso or Merida.

You may be able to locate and LDS guide, although I do not see the importance either, by contacting the mission president in Merida.

If you want an LDS guide because you are somehow "afraid" of other locals, don't be. I was a woman traveling alone at times and was always treated with the utmost respect everywhere I went.

Woudn't that actually be Pre-Flood ruins...The Garden of Eden...Adam's people, etc?

Nope. Joseph Smith during the "Zion's Camp" march identified a place in North Central Missouri as the city "Manti".

Really screws up the BoM geography, and most apologists like to ignore his little comment, but it's there for all to enjoy.

"The camp passed through Huntsville, in Randolph County [Missouri], which has been appointed as one of the stakes of Zion, and is the ancient site of the City of Manti, and pitched tents at Dark Creek, Salt Licks, seventeen miles. It was reported to the camp that one hundred and ten men had volunteered from Randolph and gone to Far West to settle difficulties."

From the History of the Church.

Originally posted by ExMormon-Jason@Apr 28 2005, 05:11 PM

Yeah, if someone wanted to tour Nephite ruins, just where would one go?

Reading all of your comments on this thread, really shows just how bitter and blind you really are. :( And of course you are not alone, you have your little protégé, Tao echoing and chanting along with you. Weak minds flow together...

Originally posted by Amillia+Apr 28 2005, 10:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amillia @ Apr 28 2005, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ExMormon-Jason@Apr 28 2005, 02:32 PM

Why would you want an LDS guide?

Why not? And why are you on an LDS site challenging LDS visitors? You should be banned!

Amillia - It was just a question. Maybe you should see a doctor about that persecution complex that you seem to be afflicted with.

M.

Originally posted by Maureen+Apr 29 2005, 09:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Apr 29 2005, 09:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Amillia@Apr 28 2005, 10:13 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--ExMormon-Jason@Apr 28 2005, 02:32 PM

Why would you want an LDS guide?

Why not? And why are you on an LDS site challenging LDS visitors? You should be banned!

Amillia - It was just a question. Maybe you should see a doctor about that persecution complex that you seem to be afflicted with.

M.

Take your own advice ~ but in place of persecution complexes....get examined for your busy body complex! LOL :lol:

I read something once about "discovering" the americas (non lds publication) and the Aztecs were talking about how they had not built the great cities in which they lived. (possible hint at a destroyed Nephite/ Myan nation?) And also, the first spanish conquistador (spelling) was reported to have been refered to by a word that was later identified to mean "Great White God" and that the people had religious stories about a "white man with a beard" returning from the east. Hmmmm?

There are so many twists to this game of life.

I'll try and hunt down that article.

Originally posted by Setheus@Apr 30 2005, 02:31 PM

I read something once about "discovering" the americas (non lds publication) and the Aztecs were talking about how they had not built the great cities in which they lived. (possible hint at a destroyed Nephite/ Myan nation?) And also, the first spanish conquistador (spelling) was reported to have been refered to by a word that was later identified to mean "Great White God" and that the people had religious stories about a "white man with a beard" returning from the east. Hmmmm?

There are so many twists to this game of life.

I'll try and hunt down that article.

I read something like that in a magazine at the doctors office. It was very interesting to me that there were such publications which would give thought to the veracity of the BofM ~

Of course those who are taught by the Spirit already know the BofM is true. :)

The Aztecs borrowed and adapted artistic styles and beliefs from the Olmecs and the Toltecs.

One of the gods that the Aztecs borrowed from the Toltecs was Quetzalcoatl (keht-tsel-koh-ahtl) the god of wind.

When the spanish conquistadores came, the Aztecs thought that the fair skinned Quetzalcoatl had returned. The Aztecs fear of displeasing this god led to their defeat by the spanish.

Originally posted by begood2@May 1 2005, 01:29 AM

The Aztecs borrowed and adapted artistic styles and beliefs from the Olmecs and the Toltecs.

One of the gods that the Aztecs borrowed from the Toltecs was Quetzalcoatl (keht-tsel-koh-ahtl) the god of wind.

When the spanish conquistadores came, the Aztecs thought that the fair skinned Quetzalcoatl had returned. The Aztecs fear of displeasing this god led to their defeat by the spanish.

And their "fear" of this light skinned people and or god stems from......? :huh:

Nephites?

Vikings?

Ghosts?

Choose one. ;)