Remembering My Baptism...

Guest Taoist_Saint

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@May 1 2005, 01:34 PM

Thank you sister Pushka.

As part of my repentence process, I have removed (edited) every post that I made in the last month or so, which I considered to be "anti-Mormon", in hopes that it will help atone for damage I may have caused to people's testimonies, or any offense I may have caused.

God bless you.

Awww...Tao...Don't go deleting your posts...what will there be left for me to read on here???? :(

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@May 1 2005, 12:25 PM

Next thing I remember, I was over at Smith's, buying a can of Folger's Coffee, And next thing you know I was sipping it, with a shot of vanilla flavored creamer, thinking it was "yummy".

And of course...since this was a sin...I decided that I could no longer attend church.

I went inactive, just so I could continue to drink coffee.

I will be spending the rest of this day repenting, and remembering my covenants...and hope that tomorrow I will remember the light of the Gospel.

Pray for me.

Good thinking Tao.

You're nothing if not a clear-headed thinker.

TS~ You know all you have to do is ask and there will be a prayer for you.

We all have to go thru our own personal trials (and our own personal hell)

You know how to get ahold of me if you need to talk, I'm just a short PM away!

And John the Doe was an Apostle? ;)

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint+May 2 2005, 11:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taoist_Saint @ May 2 2005, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pushka@May 1 2005, 08:23 PM

Awww...Tao...Don't go deleting your posts...what will there be left for me to read on here????  :(

Don't worry...I didn't delete ALL of my posts. Just those nasty anti-mormon posts. The rest of my wisdom can be found scattered throughout these threads :)

TS~ You know all you have to do is ask and there will be a prayer for you.

We all have to go thru our own personal trials (and our own personal hell)

You know how to get ahold of me if you need to talk, I'm just a short PM away!

Thanks, Lindy!

And don't worry...this is no crisis. I just figured that since certain people would not stop harassing me and calling me a sinner, even after I apologized for my anti-mormon lies, the best I could do was delete the lies and repent like a madman! It helps bring an end to certain conversations I would rather not be having, and will also help me take another vacation from LDS Talk.

Good thinking Tao.

You're nothing if not a clear-headed thinker.

Thanks Snow!

I sensed some sarcasm, but maybe if I explain you will understand.

See there was this rumor going around that I went inactive because of sin. And I figured that my accusor was so righteous and perfect, that it must be true. So, I prayed and did some soul searching.

But for some reason I couldn't find any bad sins in my life.

So I concluded that I must have gone inactive because I wanted to drink coffee! Why else would a person go inactive, except because they enjoy sin?

It couldn't possibly be because they do not believe in the LDS Church's claims, because the LDS Church is self-evidently true.

The LDS Gospel is so much more realistic than every other religion! Angels visiting farmboys. People coming back from the dead. A virgin who gives birth. Native Americans being of Middle Eastern origin. See what I mean? The LDS make such logical claims, which are so consistent with the things we see in the world today, and I fail to understand why anyone would have doubts about its truthfulness!

So why would ANYONE go inactive?

It must be sin.

In my case, it must be coffee, because I wasn't able to think of any other serious sins I might have committed :)

In order to really acknowledge sin, you need the Holy Ghost and that is why you were unable to find any sin. Doesn't mean there isn't lots and lots. :)

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint+May 2 2005, 12:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taoist_Saint @ May 2 2005, 12:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Amillia@May 2 2005, 11:49 AM

In order to really acknowledge sin, you need the Holy Ghost and that is why you were unable to find any sin. Doesn't mean there isn't lots and lots. :)

I did find my sin. I like coffee.

Also...I forgot to mention...I told several white lies to a bishop and my in-laws. I told them I believed in things that I really didn't think were true, because I was a skeptic...I told those white lies because of my Christ-like compassion...so they would feel good.

I thought that when it comes to Compassion, the ends justifies the means.

Boy was I wrong. It was a sin. I recognize that now.

So, anyway, recognizing such sins, I must have been visited by the Holy Ghost.

Are you doubting my testimony of the Holy Ghost?

I think I can tell the difference between a mere "emotion" and the Holy Ghost!

Every good LDS person can testify to that!

Every GOOD LDS can testify to that, but you admitted you weren't a Good LDS.

And you know playing hokey pokey doesn't make your confessions very valid ~ :lol:

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@May 2 2005, 02:11 PM

Who gave you authority to decide who's confessions are valid?

My confessions are all sincere, and only Christ can decide if he wants to accept my repentence.

So stop interfering with His job.

But by your own admissions you don't believe in Christ. :blink:

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@May 2 2005, 03:15 PM

Regardless of the existence of Christ, I do believe in repentence.

If Christ exists, it doesn't matter if I believe in Him or not.

He will forgive me or damn me, depending on His nature.

And he will not care what you think I deserve.

It isn't about what I think you deserve. All I have done is quote scripture and teachings from those scriptures. It isn't me that condemns you. Your own guilt is evident in contrast to those teachings.

And you can dance around all you like about what you believe and what you don't NOW, you have already stated what you believe many times on this board.