How Do Peaple See You Do You Know

Winnie G

Lately I had the experience of finding out what kind of values I represent in my actions.

Some one asked a friend what they thought I would do in this or that situation?

I found out people see me as a women of values "Winnie would never do that"

I also found out Im seen as a pearson who if cornerd will come out swing mostly for other peaple.

The base councler called me the base mother today, now I know I am called the Notzi mother hen but I thought that was with my work only, but now I hear it as part of my behavor.

This is something I never know about my self. How peaple see me.

• 5 weeks later...

This kind of sounds like a game I had my young women play. We sat in a circle and I had each of the girls say something nice about the girl to their right. After they did that I made them switch directions. It really did a lot for those girls. One of the girls who had been very quiet became more involved and became good friends with several of the girls in the class.

I think that many times we over look the important element of self esteem. Nobody is as hard on us as we are on ourselves. Hearing things from our own peers really enlightens us to how we present ourselves. How can we ever find the light within if we don't even see the flicker?

SF,

I'm glad to hear that your talents are being made use of to teach young women. :)

I hope that some will emulate the empathy that you have for others. :)

I was very impressed with your element of self esteem idea. You are one very special Lady! :) Keep up the good work! Everyone needs to feel that they have self worth. :) :)

Originally posted by begood2@Jun 12 2005, 10:32 PM

SF,

I'm glad to hear that your talents are being made use of to teach young women. :)

I was very impressed with your element of self esteem idea. You are one very special Lady! :) Keep up the good work! Everyone needs to feel that they have self worth. :) :)

You are so right bg2.....that's why I keep SF around in my life :)

Winnie~ you are how you appear to be to others...... that has a lot to say for who you are. (I happen to think you are great too ;) )

Lindy,

When I read these post, I especially enjoy reading about the kind and compassionate deeds that some are doing for others. It's kind of a re-affirmation of what mankind can do on a higher level, when they have a goal and purpose in live ... instead of digressing to a lower level of dog eat dog mentality. :)

Originally posted by lindy9556+Jun 13 2005, 12:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lindy9556 @ Jun 13 2005, 12:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--begood2@Jun 12 2005, 10:32 PM

SF,

I was very impressed with your element of self esteem idea. You are one very special Lady!  :) Keep up the good work! Everyone needs to feel that they have self worth. :)  :)

You are so right bg2.....that's why I keep SF around in my life :)

Ahhh Shucks... You know what they say "It takes one to know one." :P;)

Guest Taoist_Saint

It is a great thing to compliment other people in an attempt to build up their self-esteem. I try to do this when I can.

One thing that can be frustrating is when someone doesn't realize how wonderful they really are, so they don't take your compliments seriously.

My point is that it is up to each individual to compliment themselves for their good qualities. A person can tell you how intelligent you are (for example) every day of your life...but if your sub-conscious is playing a recording over and over telling you "I'm not smart enough", the compliments will never sink in all the way.

However, if you can tell yourself "SF is right...I am intelligent!", it can help you create a new "recording" for your subconsious to play...and that is probably when real self-esteem will start growing.

This is especially important for those who do not have many friends or family who compliment them. In a case where you are alone, it is up to you to change your beliefs about yourself.

This doesn't in any way contradict what SF and Winnie said...I am just expanding on the idea...a bit of amateur psychology B)

TS~

This is especially important for those who do not have many friends or family who compliment them. In a case where you are alone, it is up to you to change your beliefs about yourself.

You don't know how close you are with this one believe me.....I was convinced I was worthless.... and it was my friends who kept me hoping for a better life after marriage. I had (and still have) the best friends anyone could ever ask for! :D

Originally posted by lindy9556@Jun 16 2005, 10:17 PM

TS~

You don't know how close you are with this one believe me.....I was convinced I was worthless.... and it was my friends who kept me hoping for a better life after marriage. I had (and still have) the best friends anyone could ever ask for! :D
Lindy,

I think that your very cool, and I enjoy reading your post! :)

Originally posted by begood2+Jun 16 2005, 10:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (begood2 @ Jun 16 2005, 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lindy9556@Jun 16 2005, 10:17 PM

TS~

Lindy,

Thanks begood2.....I'll have to add you to my friends list ;)

Originally posted by lindy9556+Jun 17 2005, 12:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lindy9556 @ Jun 17 2005, 12:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -begood2@Jun 16 2005, 10:06 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--lindy9556@Jun 16 2005, 10:17 PM

TS~

Lindy,

Thanks begood2.....I'll have to add you to my friends list ;)

Lindy,

I would be honored! :)