Acorn and counting people.

boyando

Should we Church members protest the hiring of Acorn (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now) for the 2010 census.

Acorn has been accused of, but not yet convicted of (still in the courts) voter registration fraud. Given that the evidence is very strong against Acorn and that the census have for a long time been used by the Church, for genealogy, should we be trying to push for the plan that Utah Congressman Jason Chaffet, allowing the post office to conduct this census?

Just wounding what you think.

I don't like ACORN- it seethes corruption, and the numerous (13+ as of 1 1/2 months ago) counts of voter registration fraud don't give it a sterling record.

Personally, I like the idea of the post office conducting the census, but I don't know if it could work yet.

the census have for a long time been used by the Church, for genealogy, should we be trying to push for the plan that Utah Congressman Jason Chaffet, allowing the post office to conduct this census?

Just wondering what you think.

Perhaps Chaffetz could push for allowing all voters to stay on this voting lists till they are a hundred and ten years old. That would give us more voters.

:D

Only go with the post office if you want the census takers to move slowly... ;)

I for one am not happy that ACORN is the one counting the census and taking it. What prevents them from changing or filling out their own census forms to boost gerrymandering. All of a sudden the whole US will be democrats. :)

Ben Raines

I don't think that the us will end up looking like Democrats, although I am sure that there will be a lot of moving of the lines too favor the Dems.

The problem as I see it is that ACORN receives moneys from our government too "help the poor", and are now being payed to go count the poor. More poor, more money. ACORN has had a record of financial abuse, which they have cured by not letting anyone see there books.

Maybe I should pay attention to both problems. Or does it matter as long as we get some one who will be honest, to do the count?