Roll Call

Hi guys,

Well I have been visiting my parents....swimming, site seeing and spending time with hubby and the kids.... :D:P B)

As for the chatsite its still open...if anyone wants to chat on Thurs....

laureltree

***Is everyone doing okay?***

So-so at best.

*** Are you planting gardens?***

The heat fries them.

***Swimming in flood waters? ***

No floods here. But a canal right out in the back yeard and a river a block away.

*** Going on Vacations? ****

Winnemucca Nevada from a national wrestling tournament with the kid. Then a wrestling camp in Phoenix for... you guessed it... the kid. But I help coach. Then Yosemite in August.

*** Or just mad? ***

Well life has been a bit of a challenge of late. You are lucky you've missed most of my rages. ;-)

*** It would be nice if you stroll by to drop a quick note to say "Hi, I am ALIVE!" ***

Hi. I am alive.

Of course, I've been around so everyone knows Im still alive.

I've recently removed the "ex" from my name. Trying not to appear too offensive to my LDS friends here.

Im currently considering moving again. Although I've only been in Wyoming for just under 2 years, my Parish Priest is praying that I'll be able to move to Salt Lake City soon. We're hoping that in so doing, I can be more active with the Eastern Orthodox community in along the Wasatch Front, as well as gain more experience in liturgical services before sending me to Seminary.

:o

Yep, that's right, Seminary. St. Tikhons Seminary in Pennsylvania. Here's the website:

http://www.stots.edu/

We're just barely working on the details (tuition, housing, living expenses, etc) but possibly in a year or so I'll be there working on a Master's of Divinity. Though, interestingly enough, my Diocese Bishop, Joseph, isn't very keen on receiving a degree in order to be ordained. He does want the candidate to be intimately familiar with Orthodox liturgy and doctrine, but isn't as concerned if he's earned a graduate degree or not. In other words, he'd rather see a mature, responsible man with a strong desire to serve the Church, as opposed to just some guy with his master's in theology or divinity. In my mind, this is more in harmony with the Early Church procedures than with our legalistic western mindset.

Although he's not entirely unique in this respect, there are still way too many Bishops who want to see a degree before even considering ordination. Im grateful for this Bishop.

Oh, and for those of you who don't know, unlike Roman Catholic's, Orthodox Priests are allowed to be married, provided that they do so before their ordination to the Priesthood. The same goes for the Diaconate (Deacons). Only those with the Episcopate office (Bishops) are prohibited from marriage. Not that it's a sin to be a married Bishop (we have the NT example for that) but that it was decided long ago that it would be better to choose a Bishop from the Monastic community to lead a Diocese as opposed to some other fellow generally speaking.

So there you have it. The things Im currently planning to do. Again, like I said, even posting this may be a bit premature, but I find that discussing your goals with others makes them more real, besides the fact that others will constantly remind you of them and ask you how your progressing.