3 Nephi 21:22-29

Guest Believer_1829

I believe much if this is talking about during the millenium. When there is no wickedness or crime on the earth.

When the lost tribes shall come forward

the problem with this view is that it does not mesh with Jacob the young lion.

the "if" statements that depend on the "gentiles" repenting are oft repeated throughout the BOM.

this land really belongs to the remnant of Jacob, but us gentiles don't want to face that fact, and it appears that we don't want to repent either.

so.....

And then, O ye Gentiles, how can ye stand before the power of God, except ye shall repent and turn from your evil ways?

Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God? Know ye not that he hath all power, and at his great command the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll?

Therefore, repent ye, and humble yourselves before him, lest he shall come out in justice against you—lest a remnant of the seed of Jacob shall go forth among you as a lion, and tear you in pieces, and there is none to deliver.

I agree and should have clarified my comments.

But then again..were those words for us in today's times or were they a prophecy of things to come during the times of the Book of Mormon. As you read through the book of Mormon it tells how the Gentiles were considered the righteous and the Lamanites the wicked. That totally turned around and became opposite.

Do you feel that still applies today? Please keep in mind I am asking just as a point of conversation.

Edited by pam

Perhaps when we start our reading challenge of the OT on this site (after the NT challenge) you might post some of your thoughts and things you have learned. Isaiah is extremely hard to understand in my opinion.

When did the idea evolve amoung LDS that New Jerusalem will be built during the Millennium?

Articles of Faith 1:

We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisaical glory.

A literal reading doesn't demonstrate chronology, but I've always assumed that the literal gather and the New Jerusalem parts would happen while Christ reigns personally.

So you don't believe there will be missionary work during the 1000 years?

I think there's going to be lots of death and destruction immediately preceding the Millennium, and I think there will be some LDS lost at that time. I also don't think that everyone left here will be LDS. There will still be missionary work to do. I think it will be a little easier. I think a lot of it will do itself. I think a bigger focus will be on temple work. (All personal speculation.)