Seeking something to rely on.

Seeker7

Hello. I am a seeker of the truth. I am someone who is looking for the right path to follow. I grew up with no religion and no belief in any God, but now I am curious. What if I have been wrong all these years? There are so many options out there. I know that one of them must be right! But which one should I choose? I hope this forum can help me learn more about religious beliefs, and I look forward to having meaningful discussions here. Hopefully, I will even make some new friends! Thank you for welcoming me.

Sincerely,

Seeker

What if I have been wrong all these years? There are so many options out there. I know that one of them must be right! But which one should I choose?

Intresting. Your not the only one that felt this way. Joseph Smith also felt this way.

8 During this time of great excitement my mind was called up to serious reflection and great uneasiness; but though my feelings were deep and often poignant, still I kept myself aloof from all these parties, though I attended their several meetings as often as occasion would permit. In process of time my mind became somewhat partial to the Methodist sect, and I felt some desire to be united with them; but so great were the confusion and strife among the different denominations, that it was impossible for a person young as I was, and so unacquainted with men and things, to come to any certain conclusion who was right and who was wrong.

10 In the midst of this war of words and tumult of opinions, I often said to myself: What is to be done? Who of all these parties are right; or, are they all wrong together? If any one of them be right, which is it, and how shall I know it?

Joseph Smith—History 1

Joseph Smith's solution was prayer! I suggest the same thing!

hello, seeker, welcome.

first, lets see what it is you DO believe in....kindness to others, fairness, compassion, ethics...etc.

then look to see which religious approach best fits you, i mean, in reading or watching a movie, was there ever something that you felt touched you deep inside and maybe gave you goosebumps because of the truth of it? i hope so...and i think....probably.

pretty good place to start from, i think....and learn about what truths are being taught by different churches.

yes, this can take some time, but because you go to one church, doesnt mean you cant investigate another, also.

look for your own truth in them all....and absolutely, pray.

oh, good point......do you know how to pray?

i suggest that you start another thread about this same subject...not in, introduce yourself, but another forum, and i'm sure you will get LOTS of advice, instead of the ......hi, welcome.....that you'll get here......this is pretty much that kind of thread. try, general discussion.....you'll get lots of feedback.

and, byt he way, hi and welcome, again.....lol.