Any David Archuleta fans?

melissa23

After I saw the Brooke White thread.. I thought i should make this ^_^

I will admit, I'm a very huge fan of David haha :P

If you don't know who he was his was the runner up on American Idol season 7 (same season as Brooke) and he is also a Mormon.

And he's just such a huge role model for me. He's such a sweet, humble guy. And his voice is amazing. I've seen him 3 times live, and I'll be seeing him a 4th time in october (and actually meeting him) haha xD yeah I didn't lie about being a huge fan there. But I feel like he somehow helped me find my way to becoming interested in this religion, because once I learned he was Mormon..I just got way interested in it and researched stuff, and now here I am wanting to join a YSAW :lol: So I guess I have to thank him for helping me find this. (which i think is a big reason I'm such a huge fan, plus his voice and music is great).

I hope I'm not the only one here who's a fan of him haha. But if not check his songs out. They're great!

Hehe.

I enjoy listening to some of his songs when they play on the radio on my commute to work :] I remember watching that Season too. When I first moved up to SLC my husband drove me by Archuleta's high school and said, "Oh yeh that's where that one kid from American Idol went to school". I thought that was kind of neat, especially since AI had just ended and was still big news everywhere.

Hehe.

I enjoy listening to some of his songs when they play on the radio on my commute to work :] I remember watching that Season too. When I first moved up to SLC my husband drove me by Archuleta's high school and said, "Oh yeh that's where that one kid from American Idol went to school". I thought that was kind of neat, especially since AI had just ended and was still big news everywhere.

Oh yay thats good! haha! His songs are rarely on the radio stations here now tho =/ but I guess thats good I have an ipod haha. Thats so cool that your husband showed that.

Pam is one of his friends on Facebook.

Ben Raines

Oh really? thats so cool!

Yes, I'm a HUGE David fan! He's such an amazing guy. He's so sweet, humble, adorable, and I could go on and on. :]

And actually, the same thing happened to me. Once I saw that he was LDS, it picqued my interest and I found out more about the religion. Now here I am, also wanting to convert! Of course I don't want to be Mormon just because he is, but you know. I just thought it was kinda neat that the same thing sort of happened to me.

Btw, what's everyone's favorite David songs? I like all of them, really, but my favorites are probably Zero Gravity, Somebody Out There, You Can, and some others. And of course I just love when he sings LDS hymns. It's so amazing.

EDIT: When I was in the SLC area, I actually drove by his high school and even his house. I'm kind of ashamed to say that; I guess it just shows the level of my obsession! haha

Edited by naturelover

Yes, I'm a HUGE David fan! He's such an amazing guy. He's so sweet, humble, adorable, and I could go on and on. :]

And actually, the same thing happened to me. Once I saw that he was LDS, it picqued my interest and I found out more about the religion. Now here I am, also wanting to convert! Of course I don't want to be Mormon just because he is, but you know. I just thought it was kinda neat that the same thing sort of happened to me.

Btw, what's everyone's favorite David songs? I like all of them, really, but my favorites are probably Zero Gravity, Somebody Out There, You Can, and some others. And of course I just love when he sings LDS hymns. It's so amazing.

EDIT: When I was in the SLC area, I actually drove by his high school and even his house. I'm kind of ashamed to say that; I guess it just shows the level of my obsession! haha

YAYYY!!! ^_^

I could have gone on and on too.. but I stopped myself.

Woah thats so cool that the same thing kinda happened to you. And yeah same thing here.. I don't want to be Mormon just because he is LOL. I'd never do that, I was just more interested and stuff, and now its kind of cool knowing that he believes in like the same things i do.

Oh gosh. favorite songs.. I love ALL of the ones that you mentioned. those are definitly in my tops. haha. but I also love Works For Me, Touch My Hand, Desperate :P yeahh I have a hard time choosing a favorite.

Yeah i LOVE when he signs LDS hymns too.. I honestly think those are his best.

Haha don't worry.. I went to Utah too.. one of my friends lives there.. and she drove me into his home town.. I wanted to see his school but we forgot.

who?

Posted Image

He was the runner up on American Idol season 7.. and also the Winner of Star Search when he was like 11. lol.

But there's a lot of Info about him on this page.

Fans of David Archuleta » Bio

lol. I always have to stop myself or I go on and on and people around me get annoyed.

Yeah, exactly. But I'm kinda afraid that my family members will think that's the reason I want to convert, simply because he's LDS. But really, that's not the case at all. Do you find that happening to you, too?

Same here. It's hard to choose a favorite.

I think my favorite hymn he sang is "Be Still My Soul". So beautiful.

Oh, that's cool. Murray is very nice. I love Utah!

Btw, thanks for the gorgeous picture! :)

haha yeah i know what you mean with people getting annoyed lol.

yeah i have a feeling my sister might feel that way thats it's because of him and one of my friends (because she is LDS). my family doesnt exactly know yet that i want to convert, but my mom has an idea about it, because when i first got interested I asked her a lot of questions sense her best friend is LDS. But sense thats been awhile.. I'm not sure if she even remembers LOL.

ohh 'Be Still My Soul' is amazing I love that one!

I love Utah too, I remember when I first went there.. I was still learning a lot about the church and stuff.. and there's just this feeling there that I can't explain but then atmosphere is just completely different and I loved it.

oh your welcome lol. (: He is a cutie.

haha yeah i know what you mean with people getting annoyed lol.

yeah i have a feeling my sister might feel that way thats it's because of him and one of my friends (because she is LDS). my family doesnt exactly know yet that i want to convert, but my mom has an idea about it, because when i first got interested I asked her a lot of questions sense her best friend is LDS. But sense thats been awhile.. I'm not sure if she even remembers LOL.

ohh 'Be Still My Soul' is amazing I love that one!

I love Utah too, I remember when I first went there.. I was still learning a lot about the church and stuff.. and there's just this feeling there that I can't explain but then atmosphere is just completely different and I loved it.

oh your welcome lol. (: He is a cutie.

Well at least your parents don't seem to be totally unsupportive. I hope it goes well for you when you do decide to tell them you want to convert! I don't want to tell my parents that I want to, because I think they'll assume that it's because of David, when it's obviously not. The other day my mom said "You'll forget about this whole Mormon thing when David gets married." I didn't know whether to laugh or be sad because she thinks I'm that shallow that I would convert just because of him! So I guess my parents have some idea that I want to become LDS. But I've never asked if I could go to church or anything.

So do I! I listen to it all the time on my iPod.

I know, you just get this good feeling when you're in Utah. When I was there I went to Temple Square in SLC, and it was amazing, even though my parents only let us spend like 2 minutes there. They say they thought Utah was "depressing" because of the Mormon influence. For me, Utah's like the perfect state, because I love the outdoors, so with the mountains and everything combined with most of the people there being LDS, it's really nice.

Yes, he sure is! haha :)

Edited by naturelover

Well at least your parents don't seem to be totally unsupportive. I hope it goes well for you when you do decide to tell them you want to convert! I don't want to tell my parents that I want to, because I think they'll assume that it's because of David, when it's obviously not. The other day my mom said "You'll forget about this whole Mormon thing when David gets married." I didn't know whether to laugh or be sad because she thinks I'm that shallow that I would convert just because of him! So I guess my parents have some idea that I want to become LDS. But I've never asked if I could go to church or anything.

So do I! I listen to it all the time on my iPod.

I know, you just get this good feeling when you're in Utah. When I was there I went to Temple Square in SLC, and it was amazing, even though my parents only let us spend like 2 minutes there. They say they thought Utah was "depressing" because of the Mormon influence. For me, Utah's like the perfect state, because I love the outdoors, so with the mountains and everything combined with most of the people there being LDS, it's really nice.

Yes, he sure is! haha :)

Thanks! I hope it goes well too. Its just a scary thing to tell them because it is HUGE you know. Oh wow.. so yeah your parents probably do think it would be because of David.. just think about how to explain it all.. because he definitly HELPS you get to this point.. haha but he isnt the REASON you want to convert. cause thats the exact same for me.. me and my mom have joked about me marrying david and she's all like 'you know you'd have to convert' and i was like YUPP :lol: haha. but obviously thats not serious talk.. but yeah I think my sister will think its all because of David. Yeah it does seem like they do have an idea.. I'm 19 but I don't have a car.. I keep asking my dad if we can go look at some.. cause if i get one then I can go to church without them knowing.. but yeah idk. lol.

haha yeah! i listen to david on my ipod all the time.

Wow.. I'm really sorry that your parents think like that. But yeah I completely agree about Utah. I'm sooo glad one of my friends lives there. I have an excuse to go there LOL.

what so its some kind of show i take it?

Yeah it is.. its a singing competition on TV. They hold auditions and everything.. then they pick a top amount of people.. then they each sing part of a song everyweek and the judges comment on their peformances.. and America can vote for who they want to stay.. and one person go home every week until a winner is decided. I hope that made sense.

Yeah it is.. its a singing competition on TV. They hold auditions and everything.. then they pick a top amount of people.. then they each sing part of a song everyweek and the judges comment on their peformances.. and America can vote for who they want to stay.. and one person go home every week until a winner is decided. I hope that made sense.

Oh, this sounds much more important than America voting on political leaders...maybe if we paid more attention to that than some silly game show...

we wouldn't be in the pickle we are in now

wow..people vote for something on TV...what'll they think of next?

are you sure this is for real? not some set up thing where it's all fixed and the winner is determinted before it starts?

lemme guess...they have all the tokens..some blind kid that plays piano, a white punk chick with purple hair...a few gay dudes, the girl next door, etc etc etc

Thanks! I hope it goes well too. Its just a scary thing to tell them because it is HUGE you know. Oh wow.. so yeah your parents probably do think it would be because of David.. just think about how to explain it all.. because he definitly HELPS you get to this point.. haha but he isnt the REASON you want to convert. cause thats the exact same for me.. me and my mom have joked about me marrying david and she's all like 'you know you'd have to convert' and i was like YUPP :lol: haha. but obviously thats not serious talk.. but yeah I think my sister will think its all because of David. Yeah it does seem like they do have an idea.. I'm 19 but I don't have a car.. I keep asking my dad if we can go look at some.. cause if i get one then I can go to church without them knowing.. but yeah idk. lol.

haha yeah! i listen to david on my ipod all the time.

Wow.. I'm really sorry that your parents think like that. But yeah I completely agree about Utah. I'm sooo glad one of my friends lives there. I have an excuse to go there LOL.

It is scary to tell them, and idk how I'm going to, either. Yeah, exactly. David is what kind of got me interested in the church, but he's not the reason I want to convert. Well at least you're sort of David's age! haha It's good that your mom isn't completely against you converting, at least from how it sounds. I know, I can't wait until I can drive and get a car, because maybe then I'll be able to go to an LDS church, too. But idk if that would even happen, my parents would probably still force me to go with them.

So am I. You're fortunate to have a friend that lives in Utah! Do you get to go there to visit much?

Oh, this sounds much more important than America voting on political leaders...maybe if we paid more attention to that than some silly game show...

we wouldn't be in the pickle we are in now

wow..people vote for something on TV...what'll they think of next?

are you sure this is for real? not some set up thing where it's all fixed and the winner is determinted before it starts?

lemme guess...they have all the tokens..some blind kid that plays piano, a white punk chick with purple hair...a few gay dudes, the girl next door, etc etc etc

Hey be nice. If you don't like or haven't seen AI, you don't have to respond. Some people actually like the show.

It is scary to tell them, and idk how I'm going to, either. Yeah, exactly. David is what kind of got me interested in the church, but he's not the reason I want to convert. Well at least you're sort of David's age! haha It's good that your mom isn't completely against you converting, at least from how it sounds. I know, I can't wait until I can drive and get a car, because maybe then I'll be able to go to an LDS church, too. But idk if that would even happen, my parents would probably still force me to go with them.

So am I. You're fortunate to have a friend that lives in Utah! Do you get to go there to visit much?

yeah i no idea how i will either. lol. i guess we'll just have to wait and see. well my mom i think will be the one that is the most accepting. i have NO idea how my dad will be. but yeah I am davids age.. but my mom sometimes does think im way too obsessed :lol: like she'll say things like 'if he knew you he'd be scared of you' LOL. i just go on fansites and make art and stuff its not that bad LOL. awww yeahhh thats exactly what having your own car is good for to go somewhere without your parents knowing.. aka and LDS church haha

yeahh i know i'm so happy she lives there LOL. but no I have only visited her a few times.. it's really expensive. but i love stayin there with her haha

• 3 months later...