Large Bodies of Water

Jamie123

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, come to find out the story I mentioned is in the section heading of Section 61 of the Doctrine and Covenants

Section 61

Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet, on the bank of the Missouri River, McIlwaine’s Bend, August 12, 1831. HC 1: 202–205. On their return trip to Kirtland the Prophet and ten elders had traveled down the Missouri River in canoes. On the third day of the journey many dangers were experienced. Elder William W. Phelps, in daylight vision, saw the destroyer riding in power upon the face of the waters.

My question is... Why would you want to save that memory? I see a guy in a speedo and wish I could burn the image from my mind forever. :eek:

One summer day in 1993 at Mentor on the Beach (Northeast of Cleveland which is on Lake Erie) I saw 2 guys jogging across the beach in THONG speedos. 16 years later, I still can't purge that hibbejibbee image from my head!

Oh, come to find out the story I mentioned is in the section heading of Section 61 of the Doctrine and Covenants

Section 61

Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet, on the bank of the Missouri River, McIlwaine’s Bend, August 12, 1831. HC 1: 202–205. On their return trip to Kirtland the Prophet and ten elders had traveled down the Missouri River in canoes. On the third day of the journey many dangers were experienced. Elder William W. Phelps, in daylight vision, saw the destroyer riding in power upon the face of the waters.

One of the four mentioned in D&C 77:8-9 who has control over this quarter of the earth.

i don't know about anybody else, but before i was baptized (at 18) i was fine with water...but i am absolutely terrified of water in every way shape and form, i'm even scared of the massive percentages of water that make up my carbon life form....every time i sweat i just shake with fear.

what an odd thing to be scared of. seems like a monty python superstition to think that el diablo lives in water and hence we should be scared of it. if that were the case i doubt the polynesian islands would ever have an lds presence. wonder where that got started.