a few ?s before my baptizm

maybeinNH

Okay guys, let's shelf the Catholic thing. I was a devout Catholic and I find it a demeaning comment to be told "if you paid attention you would have known"... I went to Roman Catholic schools from K through Bachelor's Degree of College. Believe me when I tell you, eternal progression "the LDS-way" sounds blasphemous to a Roman Catholic regardless of what St. Athanasius said or what catholics of the ancient times taught.

Okay, is that enough to satisfy everyone?

Okay guys, let's shelf the Catholic thing. I was a devout Catholic and I find it a demeaning comment to be told "if you paid attention you would have known"... I went to Roman Catholic schools from K through Bachelor's Degree of College. Believe me when I tell you, eternal progression "the LDS-way" sounds blasphemous to a Roman Catholic regardless of what St. Athanasius said or what catholics of the ancient times taught.

Okay, is that enough to satisfy everyone?

Are you now claiming to have known about Theosis previous to this thread?

Maybe to you it sounds blasphemous, but you are not the 1 Billion+ Roman Catholics of the world. Claiming to have attended Roman schools till you finished your undergrad does not add weight to your argument that you were a knowledgeable Roman Catholic.

Sorry, it just doesn't.

My apologies.

I just get a bit irate by folks making incorrect claims about doctrine. I'm sure LDS can appreciate that as so many non-LDS make the wildest claims about your theology, much of which is patently false.

I have no problems with the OP, and wish her the best in her Mormon faith journey.

Wow my questions were answered in the second post and still this goes on and on. Thank You mAson for the well wishes and to the poeple who clearly read my question correctly and were helpful with an answer. This really makes me think twice about asking a question in this sort of forum. Maybe I will just PM pam from now on lol ;)