2 Nephi 10:23

pam

Reference Search: 2 Nephi 10:23

23 Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life.

Quote for Discussion

Know This, That Every Soul Is Free

Know this, that every soul is free

To choose his life and what he’ll be;

For this eternal truth is given:

That God will force no man to heaven.

He’ll call, persuade, direct aright,

And bless with wisdom, love, and light,

In nameless ways be good and kind,

But never force the human mind.

Freedom and reason make us men;

Take these away, what are we then?

Mere animals, and just as well

The beasts may think of heaven or hell.

May we no more our powers abuse,

But ways of truth and goodness choose;

Our God is pleased when we improve

His grace and seek his perfect love.

Hymns, 240

Interesting to me is the use of our hearts. When I hear a return missionary bare his testimony in another language I feel the truth in my heart. I don't understand the language but I receive a witness from the spirit his testimony and its truth. To endure to the end through all our trials to come, we need a conviction in our hearts of the gospel and its principles. The heart may serve more purpose than pumping blood to our vital organs. I believe our hearts is where the greatest battle occurs over whom we will serve. Recent studies have shown that more signals are sent from the heart to the brain than the other way around. Perhaps, when we are ressurected and blood will not be pumping through our hearts we will understand more the vital role our hearts play in decission making. I pray we all will cheer up our hearts and strive to make the correect choices.

I have to agree with you on the language thing. I have heard prayers and testimonies offered in other languages. I don't understand a word..but just have a feeling of what they are saying. The spirit is there no matter the language.