Cash flow

pam

If there is ONE thing I have learned being out of work for a month now and being prepared is having a cash flow.

We have been counseled to have 3-6 months of financial security to cover our bills in case of emergency or unemployment. So far I have been lucky to have this without having to turn to anyone for assistance. But when I am employed again...the is one of the first things that I once again will start working on in the event of an unforseen incident.

If there is ONE thing I have learned being out of work for a month now and being prepared is having a cash flow.

We have been counseled to have 3-6 months of financial security to cover our bills in case of emergency or unemployment. So far I have been lucky to have this without having to turn to anyone for assistance. But when I am employed again...the is one of the first things that I once again will start working on in the event of an unforseen incident.

Yes, and i really get sad about the millions whom have not resources; nor family;:mellow:

And you need to have a plan to cut off the bills BEFORE you go in the hole. For me the first thing to go is cutting my trips to town to 3 per week which cuts my gas in half. Then the cell phone then the net, then land line then car and health insurance then the big one, power after all else has been cut.

Most people I see try to continue with their previous standard of living thereby going into debt and when they finally do get some income it takes them years to recoup, if at all.

And you need to have a plan to cut off the bills BEFORE you go in the hole. For me the first thing to go is cutting my trips to town to 3 per week which cuts my gas in half. Then the cell phone then the net, then land line then car and health insurance then the big one, power after all else has been cut.

Most people I see try to continue with their previous standard of living thereby going into debt and when they finally do get some income it takes them years to recoup, if at all.

You got that right. I spent 7.5 months unemployed and although we had some money stashed away and I did get a small severance, we went into the hole and are still, 3 years later, trying to dig out. And it didn't help that my current employer, Monkeys R Us, cut my salary by 15%.

Good luck Pam. I know how hard it is to keep your spirits up and give a darn about anything. But the Lord has his eyes on all of us, and tests us to the utmost (at times), but always rescues us eventually.