Starbucks Hot Chocolate?

llamanade

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand it, Ijust dont happen to agree...like I said ....bigger fish....

There's this movie I like - Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift - in that movie, the big bad japanese mafia d00de got upset with his nephew for not noticing some missing money. The nephew told his uncle he is very diligent with the books, so if there's some missing money, then it couldn't be that much. And the big bad japanese mafia d00de said:

There's an old saying: 'For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost. For want of a horseshoe, the steed was lost. For want of a steed, the message was not delivered. For want of an undelivered message, the war was lost.'

Loved that quote.

Anatess, everything your kids may (not) have wanted to know about Sugar Alcohols: Sugar Alcohols Fact Sheet

I would like to highlight this from it:

Sugar alcohols are neither sugars nor alcohols. They are carbohydrates with a chemical structure that partially resembles sugar and partially resembles alcohol, but they don’t contain ethanol as alcoholic beverages do.

As far as your kids reaction to just the word itself, I had a simular reaction once upon a time from reading chocolate liquor on an ingredients list. :eek: Didn't touch the stuff until I learned that cocoa liqour is not liqour, at least not in the sense I was reading it. That said you may want to let them know that your pankcake syrup doesn't contain rum and that the chocolate yogurt isn't boozed up. They are of course still free to avoid the diet pancake syrup, I know plenty of people who do, it is partially related to sugar alcohols being in it, but its a matter of taste not the WoW. :)

Anatess, everything your kids may (not) have wanted to know about Sugar Alcohols: Sugar Alcohols Fact Sheet

I would like to highlight this from it:

As far as your kids reaction to just the word itself, I had a simular reaction once upon a time from reading chocolate liquor on an ingredients list. :eek: Didn't touch the stuff until I learned that cocoa liqour is not liqour, at least not in the sense I was reading it. That said you may want to let them know that your pankcake syrup doesn't contain rum and that the chocolate yogurt isn't boozed up. They are of course still free to avoid the diet pancake syrup, I know plenty of people who do, it is partially related to sugar alcohols being in it, but its a matter of taste not the WoW. :)

DRAVIN! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'll show this to the kids when they get home! This would be perfect material on FHE. We were gonna discuss a follow up to the CTR discussion last week - "when in doubt, choose what you feel is the most right, then learn as much as you can about it to determine future action". This would be perfect lesson aid.