The State of the Press

talisyn

I respect reporters. They have a tough job, especially in this time of economic turmoil. I do wish the news organizations would keep a few more copy editors on staff though. Case in point CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Pres. Obama cheers on brother-in-law at basketball game « - Blogs from CNN.com

Robinson, who coaches the Oregon State Beavers, was cheered on by the President, who snacked on popcorn, the First Lady, Sasha, Malia and the girls’ grandmother Marian Robinson.

Apparently President Obama was hungry. Very very hungry.

Know of any other cases where the English language was tormented beyond all reason?

/me waits for the hyper-conservatives on the board to accuse President Obama of being a cannibal.

[/snarkiness]

:D

Hey, it's IN PRINT from that bastion of journalistic excellence, CNN.

It's UNDENIABLE proof that the President is not only a cannibal, but a fan of Oregon State. Two unforgivable atrocities.

No, the President is a fan of his brother-in-law, not of Oregon State. Besides, it's better to be a fan of Oregon State than the University of Oregon. But it's really better to just not care at all. :)

WHAT?! Having positive relationships with his in-laws? That's worse than cannibalism!