Is This True?

Guest Member_Deleted

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 9 2005, 11:50 PM

Ya i imagine ignorant falls in the catigory Stupid.........So some stupid people i would imagine would fight quicker because their to dumb to know they might get hurt

I guess that puts bush in a catagory... of ummmm ignorant? :lol:

Originally posted by Please+Nov 9 2005, 09:52 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-lisajo@Nov 9 2005, 11:50 PM

Ya i imagine ignorant falls in the catigory Stupid.........So some stupid people i would imagine would fight quicker because their to dumb to know they might get hurt

Or just plain............(tried to think of some thing good to say and it didnt come :) )

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by lisajo+Nov 10 2005, 12:09 AM-->

Originally posted by Please@Nov 9 2005, 09:52 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-lisajo@Nov 9 2005, 11:50 PM

Or just plain............(tried to think of some thing good to say and it didnt come :) )

LOL :lol:

I have heard it said that some people won't know the truth when it hits them right between the eyes.

I think sometimes we are too busy trying to prove our own point of view that we don't take time to listen to anyone else and miss what we were looking for all along.

But, back to what started this discussion, yes, I agree, in our ignorance, we are apt to fight for something without even knowing what we are fighting for or before learning all the "true" facts. We must be willing to educate ourselves in our causes and know what we really are "fighting" for.

We fight in all kinds of ways. Sometimes it is with our fists and sometimes our mouth and it can be our actions. We can make a fool out of ourselves in any one of these ways... I should know, I have flown off the handle before knowing all the facts too many times in my life, I hope that age and experience is teaching me something...

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Josie@Nov 10 2005, 11:34 AM

I have heard it said that some people won't know the truth when it hits them right between the eyes. 

I think sometimes we are too busy trying to prove our own point of view that we don't take time to listen to anyone else and miss what we were looking for all along. 

But, back to what started this discussion, yes, I agree, in our ignorance, we are apt to fight for something without even knowing what we are fighting for or before learning all the "true" facts.  We must be willing to educate ourselves in our causes and know what we really are "fighting" for.

We fight in all kinds of ways.  Sometimes it is with our fists and sometimes our mouth and it can be our actions.  We can make a fool out of ourselves in any one of these ways...  I should know, I have flown off the handle before knowing all the facts too many times in my life, I hope that age and experience is teaching me something...

good points...

I have heard it said that some people won't know the truth when it hits them right

But, back to what started this discussion, yes, I agree, in our ignorance, we are apt to fight for something without even knowing what we are fighting for or before learning all the "true" facts. We must be willing to educate ourselves in our causes and know what we really are "fighting" for.

Pardon the language, but I have frequented a chatroom for the past 4 yrs that I refer to as "the hell hole." Why do I go back? Well, sheer stubborness on my part! I refuse to allow the minority there who think they control the chatroom to drive me out. What a shame, the moderators in that chat network support the "status quo" who claim openly that "there is no God," calling Him and His followers all manner of evil. Certainly, standing up for our God, our Savior, is worth fighting for...to practice our First Amendment rights of freedom of speech, freedom of religion...is worth fighting for...both figuratively and literally. Knowledge is power, and choosing our battles wisely is necessary. :)

" Certainly, standing up for our God, our Savior, is worth fighting for...to practice our First Amendment rights of freedom of speech, freedom of religion...is worth fighting for...both figuratively and literally. Knowledge is power, and choosing our battles wisely is necessary. :)"

I agree, you are right. Wisely is the key word in what you said. I don't think anyone was referring to not taking up for ourselves or our God. That is vital to our existence in my eyes. But in general, some people seem to go out looking for a fight over anything, just to fight. Or they are getting upset because they did not give themselves time to find out what was really being said or going on. Or take the people that are paid to go out and protest for something or against something, and don't even know what they are protesting against.

God gave us a mind and we have to learn to use it. We have to learn to listen and to know enough about what we are fighting for, so to speak, to mean what we are saying or doing. You mentioned "choosing your battles". I totally agree. If we fight to fight and fight on everything, no one is going to pay much attention or think much of us. We have to choose our friends, our activities, our battles, and our God.

I agree with you, Josie. It seems that ppl nowdays are just plain mad...I really don't understand it! Pres. Hinckley, during the last conference stated (paraphrasing), 'we live in a cruel world'. It seems that ppl either have lost the spirit of God, or never had it in the first place. I see this demonstrated just driving in Phx traffic lol. Courtesy seems to be a thing of the past...ppl no longer take the time to even say hello. Everyone's in a hurry, and would rather plow into you with their shopping carts in the grocery store. I can't tell you how annoyed I get, with trucker drivers practically pushing me in my little car on the freeway. (I have even resorted to blasting on the horn lol.) One thing I am very aware of tho, is that discontent breeds discontent...a critical spirit is very contagious!

I think a better example of ignorance would be to make those kinds of statements. The kind that ignore all the variables in life and try to condemn actions.

Condemnation of actions, any action at all, is just silly. Actions have absolutely nothing to do with right and wrong. Fighting can be good, it can be bad. Fighting itself has no bearing on the morality of the issue. Likewise, how quickly you begin this fighting has no bearing on morality either. All that matters is your reason for fighting.

The more ignorant you are- the stupider reasons you have to fight.

The smarter you are- the better the reasons you have to fight.

Violence for a good cause can be good. Some say this in Sweden to mock the system -- a play on the Good Samaritain teaching.

Two Swedes see a man raping and beating a woman. The rapist then throws the severely wounded woman in a ditch and takes off. The witnesses walk up, look at the woman, look at themselves, and one states "This is horrible. The poor man must have been violated by an uncaring society. Hope he turns himself in and can get the assistance he needs and deserves."

Don't think this is a horrible exageration. When I first visited my inlaws my wife said that if she were being raped on the subway it would be extremely rare for anyone to come to her assistance.

In Russia or Mexico, a rapist would be beaten to death -- in the US (at least where I come from) there would be someone who would take out a gun and solve the problem real fast. In a Biblical sense, I do not believe beating or killing someone who is trying to kill or rape someone is in any way a sin.

Originally posted by Fiannan@Nov 11 2005, 09:20 AM

Violence for a good cause can be good. Some say this in Sweden to mock the system -- a play on the Good Samaritain teaching.

Two Swedes see a man  raping and beating a woman.  The rapist then throws the severely wounded woman in a ditch and takes off.  The witnesses walk up, look at the woman, look at themselves, and one states "This is horrible.  The poor man must have been violated by an uncaring society.  Hope he turns himself in and can get the assistance he needs and deserves."

Don't think this is a horrible exageration.  When I first visited my inlaws my wife said that if she were being raped on the subway it would be extremely rare for anyone to come to her assistance.

In Russia or Mexico, a rapist would be beaten to death -- in the US (at least where I come from) there would be someone who would take out a gun and solve the problem real fast.  In a Biblical sense, I do not believe beating or killing someone who is trying to kill or rape someone is in any way a sin.

Never thought I would say this, but I agree with you Fiannan!

Ok, next major terrorist attack that happens I really hope you all lose someone dear to you....and then when you ask me and my brothers in arms to go and defend you or avenge you I'm still going to do it....not because you're sorry behinds deserve it..but because those who fell do. And those too young to fight do. And because sometimes fighting is what is REQUIRED.

There was a war in heaven...was Michael and his angels "stupid" for that?

" sometimes fighting is what is REQUIRED.

There was a war in heaven...was Michael and his angels "stupid" for that?"

There are different kinds of fighting and ways of fighting. You are right, fighting for freedom and security of our homeland is definitely worth fighting for. No one is arguing that point.

There are causes we fight for in many different ways, our fists not always being the answer. It is also nuts to fight for something that was never there to fight for in the first place or to blow someone's brains out because they were moving too slow in traffic or looked at you the wrong way.

:backtotopic: It is time for us to open our eyes, ears, and minds and wake up to the world we live in today and the consequences of us reacting to something instead of acting upon KNOWLEDGE. We have to quit waring our feelings on our sleeve and LISTEN and THINK before flying off the handle.