Isaiah 29:12-13

Thetruechurch

11And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

12And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

This scripture is one I have been thinking about for a long time. For me it seems to be making some kind of prediction/connection with the book of Mormon.

Specifically, I think it refers to when Martin Harris taken the Anthon transcript (characters copied from the golden plates of Nephi) to professor Charles Anthon (being a gifted professor, he is the one who is learned) and Anthon specifically told Harris that "I could not read a sealed" book.

Biblical prophecy fulfilled? Or just a coincidence, or could those verses be referring to something else?

Edited by Thetruechurch

• 3 weeks later...

This scripture is one I have been thinking about for a long time. For me it seems to be making some kind of prediction/connection with the book of Mormon.

Specifically, I think it refers to when Martin Harris taken the Anthon transcript (characters copied from the golden plates of Nephi) to professor Charles Anthon (being a gifted professor, he is the one who is learned) and Anthon specifically told Harris that "I could not read a sealed" book.

Biblical prophecy fulfilled? Or just a coincidence, or could those verses be referring to something else?

If you follow Isaiah through, it's pretty clear that he's talking about people who are not heeding his warnings. God had judged Israel; they were blind, deaf, and hard hearted (see chapter 6). Isaiah is commenting and talking about Judah.

• 2 months later...

If you follow Isaiah through, it's pretty clear that he's talking about people who are not heeding his warnings. God had judged Israel; they were blind, deaf, and hard hearted (see chapter 6). Isaiah is commenting and talking about Judah.

Many of Isaiah's prophecies are not limited to one-time applications. Also be wary of ignoring the literal intrepretation.

Isaiah addresses many things over the course of the book of Isaisah, not just the Judgement of God upon Israel at that time, or what would shortly come.

God has and had judged but Israel this verse is not specifically about that.

In this case yes Martin Harris's experience literally fulfills the said prophecy.