Toys that Surprise

talisyn

My daughter got a few presents today the gifter wanted to see her open. She did so, and was very nice about getting a Barbie set (she's 10 and thinks she's too old for dolls). Despite herself, she started playing with it and discovered she could stick Barbie to the fridge, stove, and can openers. It's called Luv me 3 'Tricky Triplets', comes with 3 little puppies, and magnetic breasts :lol:

I was a little stunned but quickly saw the humor and advantages (like if the can opener is just out of reach...). Anyone know of any other weird toys?

Guest mormonmusic

My daughter got a remote control mouse from Wal-mart for $10. She loves to make it weave all over the family room so the cat tries to get it. The remote control unit looks like swiss cheese with cheese buttons on it. My wife told me the mouse has catnip in it. Entertainment for the whole fambly. I sometimes tape a love-note to it and drive it into her bedroom when she's reading. She takes the note, and then I bring the mouse back -- she loves it.

My daughter got a remote control mouse from Wal-mart for $10. She loves to make it weave all over the family room so the cat tries to get it. The remote control unit looks like swiss cheese with cheese buttons on it. My wife told me the mouse has catnip in it. Entertainment for the whole fambly. I sometimes tape a love-note to it and drive it into her bedroom when she's reading. She takes the note, and then I bring the mouse back -- she loves it.

Awwww! That's so cute! I need to get one now...

ok...what's the point of putting Barbie in the fridge, oven and can opener? I must be getting really really old. LOL

There really isn't any point, except that this is a doll with magical powers. I never had a magnetic Barbie when I was little :(

It is probably the weirdest thing I've seen in a few months and I was curious if there were any other interesting toys out there like it.

Santa delivered the following set to my son, with a note about learning to build his own real light saber...

Amazon.com: Snap Circuits SC-300: Toys & Games

It is FANTASTIC. It is easy for kids to learn, diagrams that are easy to follow, and not he is using words like voltage, current, parallel, series, and resistance correctly, at the age of 7. It is not just learning, but FUN learning.

Cool, Omaha! Kids are so smart sometimes. My daughter received a junior scientist kit for Christmas Amazon.com: My First Lab Scientist Kit: Toys & Games and after oohhhing and ahhhing over every little piece she grabbed a swab and petri dish and announced she was going to clone herself. I'd rather make a light saber :P

Edited by talisyn
link

picked up the game BlokusĀ® : Official website as a last min thing. wasn't really sure what to expect. turned out to be a great surprise. with the age range of my kids it's hard to find something they really can all play. the rules were simple enough my 4 yr old could understand them and everyone could play. only problem we have had is there is enough strategy to it that the older ones take to long to make a move, need to put a time limit on it for them. lol i was very pleasantly surprised and would recommend it.

got my 6 yr old who asked for a huge spider with legs that went like "this" (imagine 6 yr old with arms and legs going everywhere like a spider) that he could ride. found Animal Planet Radio Control Tarantula - Toys R Us - Toys "R" Us i figure 2 out of 3 in the request isn't bad. he absolutely loves it. as does the 20 month old. lol he can't ride it but controlling it is just as cool.

the 20 month old likes things that move and make noise so she got Skippy the Smart Pup - 80-106600 - VTechkids.com i'm disappointed with it. not enough to return it, she likes the sounds but.... should have just gotten a second tarantula... she likes it better and would have been cheaper. lol

there were other things of course but those were the ones that "surprised" me in one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...