Next up: Survivor 20-Heroes Vs. Villians

Dr T

I can't believe I'm saying this, having been a Survivor fan for years, but I've had a hard time getting into this season. I watch it every Thursday, but I don't feel that excited about it. Maybe because I've seen all these people play before. I'm just looking forward to seeing the next season's location.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked that they had two people being voted off last night. Bummer about Rupert because I liked him the first time he played. Russell just continues to not play the social game the right way. If the two guys actually believe him next week I'm going to be upset. I don't think they will and think he will be going home soon. If they don't pay attention to Parvarti I'd say she has a good chance to win this time.

The thing about Parvati is that she's just as ruthless, arrogant, and scheming as Russell, but she puts on this little-miss-charming act and everyone forgets about it.

Regardless of whether you like or dislike Russell, he does seem to have a knack for getting people to vote the way he wants...

You're right Annamaureen, he does. I don't get it! I don't like Parv much either and don't see how people seem to forget about her without staying angry? She doesn't seem so charming to me like people say.

Watched the last one and again, "I don't get why they don't just vote Russell out!" Ok, maybe it is that they went to keep him around and go 1 on 1 in the finals so they vote for them and not Rus. I guess that is something. Colby is not a good competitor anymore, Parv. is doing a good job, Sandra is not to likeable, and Russ has no social game. He didn't even seem happy to see his wife. The reward was fun to see and would have been fun to be there. I'm not sure who I think might win. I guess I'll pick Parv to take the whole thing but I don't really think she is the best. I guess I'll wait and see Sunday night. Do miss the finale guys. Oh yeah, too bad for Rupert I guess.

I can’t remember who said “It’s not about the game, it’s about how you treat people” but I was like, uh... seriously? This isn’t the “be sweet and nice and as saint-like as possible” game. It’s outwit, outplay, outlast. And while Rupert was quick to label Russell as a horrible, disgusting human being, he sure was happy to align with him when it worked in his favor!

Like always, the jury was bitter and couldn’t get over their grudges, and just voted for whoever offended them the least. Sandra didn’t deserve to win. She wasn’t completely useless, but her gameplay was nowhere near as strong as Russell’s and Parvati’s.

I hope people on the west coast have seen the finale since the winner was just announced here. Kind of like people in the east telling me who won Olympic events before I saw them.

I was confident that Parv was going to win, maybe because she would have been the person I would have picked out of those three. Russell didn't have enough of the positive social part of the game and Sandra was just annoying to me. Russell just went too far. This season was alright, not the best but ok.

I loved this season. I thought it was the best one they've had in quite a while. Sorry that a hero didn't win, but I enjoyed watching everyone on the jury tell Russell what a scum he was. The unfortunate thing about it is that he doesn't care.

What's more disconcerting is that people voted him as the fan favorite. Have we become so hardened as a society that we are willing to reward evilness?

:(

I would like to see another Hero vs. Villain season. Although, on this next one, I think they should put Boston Rob, Coach, and Sandra on the heroes because I felt they showed some honor while they were playing. Then let Russell lead the villains, with Parv and Tyson.

Any thoughts on who else should appear?

:)

Yeah, fan favorite, I figured he was going to win that one. Rupert didn't have a chance this time. I would have liked to see Rob win the whole thing and would want to see him compete again. Ben Wade amd Sandra not so much. I'd watch Russell and Parv play again too. Tyson seemed very different to me this season that the last time he played. I also through in that Stephanie girl too. She has a resturant now I guess. She was just tough and fun to watch. I do know who else I'd want to see play again. Colby did horrible this season too. I used to have a lot of respect for his competitive nature which he didn't show much of this last time. Yes, it was fun to watch but when my fave's got the boot then it lost a lot of attraction for me. :)

If anyone cares I will explain the psychology behind why Sandra won instead of Pavarti or Russell :)

First thing...America voted Russell as the fan favorite. Whether people like him or not, he made the show interesting and had a HUGE following.

OK so Survivor brings back 20 of the favorite contestants. Whether "heroes" or "villains" they were fan favorites over the seasons. So why were they favorites? Because most if not all of them are Type A personalities. They took the limelight and ran with it. They love attention and validation. Many of them are likely narcissistic..I mean can anyone deny Russell is a narcissist?

So you combine this many people who all want the limelight and the camera on them. These people make up the jury. I actually predicted Sandra would win when Russell chose to bring her. Why? Simply because the jury saw her as the "weakest" player. Since they couldn't have the spotlight, there was no way they were going to give it to the people who got the spotlight. Their votes were cast in retaliation and payback.

Type A personalities in the Jury have and always will vote for the weakest player with the least amount of recognition...simply because they all wanted to be alpha wolf and didn't get it.

As a result...Sandra wins and Russell and Pavarti would have voted for her too if the tables had been turned and say Rob and Jerri were the final 2 with Sandra :)

Hi addicthelp. You picked her out of the three and think she would have won because of the jury's desire to compensate for her weakness and also took it as the same reason she would have won if playing against Boston Rob or somebody else but do you personally think Sandra deserved to win the million dollars because of some relevant skills, tactics of play, or something else she brought to the table? I guess I could be asked in this way, "What skills that she possesses do you think won it for her?"

Hi addicthelp. You picked her out of the three and think she would have won because of the jury's desire to compensate for her weakness and also took it as the same reason she would have won if playing against Boston Rob or somebody else but do you personally think Sandra deserved to win the million dollars because of some relevant skills, tactics of play, or something else she brought to the table? I guess I could be asked in this way, "What skills that she possesses do you think won it for her?"

Yah good question. I honestly don't' think she won due to any skill besides the fact that she found a way to stick to the end with 2 of the most Narcissistic people in the game. Like you said...they should vote because of superb game play but that isn't the case at all. They voted against the best player(s) because they were angry they got "played."

It's like a bunch of jealous kids purposely giving a prize to someone who doesn't deserve it just as an act of revenge against their peers. I personally think Russ deserved to win even though I disagree with much of what he did as a person...he was a master at the game and in the way he played. I mean, he was a "Villian" after all...he played like he was classified :)