Traveling Notebook

lizzy12

I thought we could try a little experiment with members on LDS.net. I think we should have a traveling notebook, members who wish to receive this notebook and contribute would get the book mailed to them and then contribute to it in someway a picture of their town, their testimony, a random story. It doesn’t have to be church related although it should be appropriate. I think the best way to keep track of the book is for those interested to PM me their addresses so I can compile a route. I will then send the book of and the person who receives it would then keep the book for at most 2 weeks-any longer and I think it could get lost and forgotten. Once they are finished with it they PM me and I will send them the addresses of who is next on the list and so on so forth. Maybe by the end we can send it to someone who can bring it to an LDS.net get together. Is anyone interested or have any questions ? I don’t want to seem controlling in this but I think there needs to be some order so those interested can receive it. Those interested comment here AND PM me.

I think this could either turn out as a failure or as a fun activity depending on cooperation with those on the list. So let's make it fun !:) :)

Edited by lizzy12

PinkCow (i believe) tried this up a couple years back, and the major problem seemed that nobody wanted to give their address to a bunch of strangers on the internet. It was a good idea in theory, but I believe it ended up in being a blog instead of a travelling notebook.

We did this in Primary. The form was a Bear :0) with a packback that had a travel log in it. We sent out several bears. Only one little bear came back to us. We heard from Primarys around the world. That little bear was passed from one person to another. Primary Bear's travel arrangements were direct. The person who was given our little pal made sure he was given to another who would keep him going. Remember I told you we sent out several bears. One made the journey and came back to us when the travel log was full. I always wondered what happen to those other bears. This was a great experience for those children.

We did this in Primary. The form was a Bear :0) with a packback that had a travel log in it. We sent out several bears. Only one little bear came back to us. We heard from Primarys around the world. That little bear was passed from one person to another. Primary Bear's travel arrangements were direct. The person who was given our little pal made sure he was given to another who would keep him going. Remember I told you we sent out several bears. One made the journey and came back to us when the travel log was full. I always wondered what happen to those other bears. This was a great experience for those children.

they are sitting under someone's bed.

Oh, Gwen did you get one of little Bears? lolol The Children actually made up stories about what happen to them. Lets just say out of the mouth of Babes! lol After some wild stories they decided that some little boy or girl needed our Primary Bear so bad that Primary Bear decided to stay...:)