New Years Eve.....

Laureltree

Guest sugarbay

Originally posted by BenRaines@Dec 30 2005, 05:08 PM

I can't imagine how you can Prend1 when you live out in the sticks, no car and no contact with others.  Guess you can go out and shoot up the night air.  Just point it at a can and not straight up.  What goes up does come down.

Staying home this year. It's safer.

Originally posted by Prend1@Dec 30 2005, 05:05 PM

not a dang thing, as usual

Don't feel bad, we probably won't do anything at my house either, we have two young children and no babysitter. I always try to get my dh to at least stay up until midnight but he is always snoring away by 11. So I will probably just watch the ball drop and go to bed :(

Traditionally, we have had a giant slumber party for our 7 kids. (Other parents thought we were nuts, but they loved dumping their kids; so they could go out.) Our kids are all adults, we're tired; so now, we invite people over to play games. Then, at midnight, we watch the ball drop and go outside and bang pots and pans and scream "Happy New Year" to the world. Tomorrow, I'm cooking a turkey to make "turkey and dumplings" to serve for dinner. Sliced oranges with cherries sprinkled over them, and chips & dips will be served with the games. :D

Leftover turkey & dumplings will be taken to church Sunday for a soup & salad dinner after the meetings.

by the way, listen carefully at midnight, and you may hear us screaming and banging our pots and pans.

Happy New Year!!!

TXRed

[quote=TXRed,Dec 30 2005, 10:25 now, we invite people over to play games. Then, at midnight, we watch the ball drop and go outside and bang pots and pans and scream "Happy New Year" to the world. Tomorrow, I'm cooking a turkey to make "turkey and dumplings" to serve for dinner. Sliced oranges with cherries sprinkled over them, and chips & dips will be served with the games.

TXRed,

That sounds like fun and the food sounds good as well! :)

I wish you the best for 2006! :D