Time To Liven This Room Up

Prend1

"As a non-LDS child, I did dream of a nice wedding.... as a LDS adult, I now dream of a temple marriage. How priorities change when you can see the bigger picture. "

Me too...I didn't join until after I was married so I had that dream too. But it got dashed real quick when no one could help pay for the wedding and we were broke. So we had our bishop marry us (I was still taking the discuissions ) and had cake (that my visiting teacher made for free) and punch (courtesy of the RS). I bought my dress and flowers and looking back I wish I had got a simplier dress.

So, yeah.

Me too...I didn't join until after I was married so I had that dream too. But it got dashed real quick when no one could help pay for the wedding and we were broke. So we had our bishop marry us (I was still taking the discuissions ) and had cake (that my visiting teacher made for free) and punch (courtesy of the RS). I bought my dress and flowers and looking back I wish I had got a simplier dress.

So, yeah.

You remind me so much of me and when we were first married. Neil Sedaka did a great song, "I miss the hungry years"...things do get better, if we want them to. If we work hard, keep the faith, and do what is necessary to improve our lives for the better, it will happen. Do we need help, and prayers, and determination? Yes! Life isn't easy, but I find that if I look at other people's problems, mine seem small in comparison. I'm just so thankful to know that Heavenly Father is here for us in such times, and always.

- Mrs. A.

Originally posted by Aristotle+Jan 3 2006, 11:41 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Prend1@Jan 3 2006, 11:09 AM

So, yeah.

You remind me so much of me and when we were first married. Neil Sedaka did a great song, "I miss the hungry years"...things do get better, if we want them to. If we work hard, keep the faith, and do what is necessary to improve our lives for the better, it will happen. Do we need help, and prayers, and determination? Yes! Life isn't easy, but I find that if I look at other people's problems, mine seem small in comparison. I'm just so thankful to know that Heavenly Father is here for us in such times, and always.

- Mrs. A.

Thanks for the post Mrs. A..... You are so right.... things get better if we want them too... we do have to work at it. I have said more prayers in the last 2 days than I have said in the last 2 weeks.

And LOL.... I remember back to my wedding...one I had little hand in helping with BTW...the (to be) ex-mother-in-law took over since I was just a teenager who "didn't understand" the fine art of planning... ;) And she picked the colors...Purple of course...her favorite color.... nice contrast with the Army green uniforms don't you think? Oh, and the Red Poinsetta's that decorated the church since it was close to Christmas.... ROFL....it was a NIGHTMARE....LOL I did get to pick a song....hmmmm what was it? "Nightmare On My Street"? He He He ;)

Originally posted by Setheus@Jan 3 2006, 09:18 AM

Short-statured Italian bride Catherine d'Medici, married at 14 to the Duke of Orleans, wears shoes with two-inch heels to exaggerate her height. The high heel may have been invented by Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519).

So that made her what? 4'10" or 5' tall in the heels? LOL...of course they could have been the forerunners of the Italian shoe craze.... :wow:

Originally posted by Palerider@Jan 3 2006, 09:00 PM

didn't they make a song about high heels....lets see....."for wearing high heeled sneakers and acting like a Queen"...... :dontknow:

LOL I found one by Carolyn Dawn Johnson

And I'm head over heels

No, I'm head over high heels

Head over high heels

Head over high heels

That's right

I am so far gone

---------------

found a movie called "Satan in High Heels" ROFL afraid to see what it's about.. ;)

Originally posted by Lindy+Jan 3 2006, 07:54 PM-->

Originally posted by Aristotle@Jan 3 2006, 11:41 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Prend1@Jan 3 2006, 11:09 AM

So, yeah.

- Mrs. A.

Thanks for the post Mrs. A..... You are so right.... things get better if we want them too... we do have to work at it. I have said more prayers in the last 2 days than I have said in the last 2 weeks.

And LOL.... I remember back to my wedding...one I had little hand in helping with BTW...the (to be) ex-mother-in-law took over since I was just a teenager who "didn't understand" the fine art of planning... ;) And she picked the colors...Purple of course...her favorite color.... nice contrast with the Army green uniforms don't you think? Oh, and the Red Poinsetta's that decorated the church since it was close to Christmas.... ROFL....it was a NIGHTMARE....LOL I did get to pick a song....hmmmm what was it? "Nightmare On My Street"? He He He ;)

Thank you, Lindy...by the way, I would have loved to come to your wedding...high heel sneakers and all. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Crazy Horse

LOL I found one by Carolyn Dawn Johnson

And I'm head over heels

No, I'm head over high heels

Head over high heels

Head over high heels

That's right

I am so far gone

---------------

found a movie called "Satan in High Heels" ROFL afraid to see what it's about.. ;)

He has to be a wierdo...look at his track record. Probably Gucci's B)