Hope we did the right thing

pooter1

My brother was kicked out of the house when he was 17 for not obeying the rules. About wiped my parents out.

today he is married in the temple, and has a good relationship with our parents.

Stand tough. If you do not, he will think the gospel is a thing of little value to you. He is old enough.

Angel333,

Whenever I hear a story like yours I think to the picture of Christ holding the lamb close to him. http://institute.lds.org/content/images/manuals/dc-in/e-4.gif

You did the right thing. Never doubt that. I could explain all the reasons why it was right but other posts have done well. Your son will someday thank you even if it is the eternities.

Consider the lamb your son. In some way or another, and at some point of time, your prayers will be heard and all lambs return.

Even pharisaical drugs being misused is now considered as drug abuse by the church.

I've also heard that pharmaceutical drug abuse is also not condoned by the Church.... :P

I had no idea the Pharisees sold drugs....No wonder Jesus exclaimed, "Woe unto ye, Pharisees, hypocrites, addicts!"

I've also heard that pharmaceutical drug abuse is also not condoned by the Church.... :P

I had no idea the Pharisees sold drugs....No wonder Jesus exclaimed, "Woe unto ye, Pharisees, hypocrites, addicts!"

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, fmercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

That sad thing is most of us have at least one of these substances either in a spice rack or as an additive in our food and think nothing of it. ;)