Weard situation and need help

Guillaume

Hi there,

Yesterday, I met a person out of the grocery store who asked me to help him read schedules for a church. This woman was a bit strange. She was a little scared. I told him I did not have time because I had school in less than 10 minutes. She began to cry as she was ashamed remote. She asked if it bothered me and I told him again that I was very retard.Je therefore asked him to ask another to pass that she could help. She refused and left. When I told this to a friend, I was still a bit shocked and said she had possibly cast a spell on me. First I laughed and then I started getting scared. How should I react when I am a Latter-day Saint?

I'm a little confused to ask this kind of question :(.

Hi Guillaume,

I think there's a communications issue here. Can you just post the question in French?

I wouldn't worry too much about someone casting a spell.

A scared woman walked up and asked you to help them read schedules for a church?

Hi there,

Yesterday, I met a person out of the grocery store who asked me to help him read schedules for a church. This woman was a bit strange. She was a little scared. I told him I did not have time because I had school in less than 10 minutes. She began to cry as she was ashamed remote. She asked if it bothered me and I told him again that I was very retard.Je therefore asked him to ask another to pass that she could help. She refused and left. When I told this to a friend, I was still a bit shocked and said she had possibly cast a spell on me. First I laughed and then I started getting scared. How should I react when I am a Latter-day Saint?

I'm a little confused to ask this kind of question :(.

Exactly, and it scared me. She began to cry in front of me and she moved away when I offered to ask someone else.

And my question is (in french) : Comment dois-je réagir alors que je suis Saint des Derniers Jours. Je ne dois pas penser à la magie car elle vient de Satan et Dieu me protège non ?

Je ne pense pas quelle a jeté un sort sur vous ou telle. Je ne ;inquiéterais pas et rappelez-vous notre Père céleste vous aime et la foi peut aider à surmonter les maux de ce monde. Ainsi, même dans la possibilité peu probable qu ;elle a fait, la foi est la réponse.

il vous plaît excuser mon français, il a été depuis longtemps je me suis entretenu

I do not believe that she has cast a spell on you or such. I would not be concerned about it and remember our Heavenly Father loves you and faith can help overcome the evils of this world. Thus, even in the unlikely possibility that, she did, faith is the answer. it has been a long time since I wrote in French so I hope I wrote in a way that could be understood.

Edited by sakuragirl

There are a big pile of stories about mentally-ill folks interacting with mormons in various trajicomic or tender ways.

One story had someone with a missing grasp on proper social behavior visiting fast & testimony meeting. Imagine the normal quiet F&T meeting, punctuated by a lady loudly talking during the service, saying things like "Isn't that nice!" "Can I have another piece of bread?" "What a wonderful thing to say!" The Bishop headed her off when she walked up to the microphone to speak, and the lady started screaming and had to be hauled off by two beefy elders. Her screams echoed off down the halls for a while. That would have been a cool meeting to witness!

One that happened to me personally: One weekday, I pulled over to help an old guy who had fallen on the church lawn. During the next hour, I found out:

* He hadn't fallen, he had been "stricken lame by the Lord"

* He had a message of vast importance to give the Bishop, about how his wife was the resurrected Virgin Mary, who was ushering in the last days by committing adultury with Elvis.

* He was off his medication again, and it was ok when he wandered away, because he always ends up back at home where his wife gives him his pills.

LM