The Atonement

Laureltree

I know that sometimes in life the struggles are more than we can bare. Through our savior Jesus Christ we have the opportunity to start again, to become that person that heavenly father knew we had the potential to become. The power of the atonement is an amazing blessing, one that is given to all only if they ask to receive it. Take this moment to kneel on your knee's, and sincerely ask your father in heaven to help guide you, and give you the strength to find your way back to him again.

love & Prayers

Laureltree</span>

<span style=\'color:green\'>

STONG ENOUGH

As I rest against this cold, hard wall

Will you pass me by?

Will you criticize me as I sit and cry?

I had fought so hard and thought that all my battles had been won

Only to find the road has just begun

Is He not strong enough?

Is He not pure enough?

To break me, pour me out, and start again

Is He not brave enough?

To take one chance on me

Please can I have one chance to start again?

Will my weakness far from now (?) make me suffer for a life time

Is there anyway to be remade whole again?

If I feel renewed and find forgiveness and find the strength I've never had

Will my scares forever ruin all God's plan?

Is He not strong enough?

Is He not pure enough?

To break me, pour me out, and start again

Is He not brave enough?

To take one chance on me

Please can I have one chance to start again?

He took my life into his hands and it turned it all around

In my most desperate circumstance

It's there I finally found

That You are strong enough

That You are pure enough

To break me, pour me out and start again

That You are brave enough

To take one chance on me

Oh Thank You for my chance to start again

I sometimes see the role of Jesus Christ as kind of a personal spiritual trainer that is kind of like a personal physical trainer. As you are in your gym working out and doing your reps - you think, okay that's enough for now. Then Jesus says, "Do one more rep, come on you can do it" So you do one more. Then Jesus says, "Do another - one more". So you do it again. And Jesus keeps saying, "Do one more - you can do just one more". Every time you struggle to do one more and do it he pushes you to do one more. Then whey you have exausted all your strength and you are trying with all your might but you just can't do the last one - then Jesus smiles, takes the weight from you and sets them and says, "See you could do a lot more than you thought".

The Traveler

When I was struggling and worrying about weather I would be good enough, this gave me hope. I'm not perfect....But through the help of the atonement and faith in the lord I have the ability to become perfect if I really want it. All's you have to do is want it bad enough, and rely on your faith, and trust he will help you through it all.

Hugs....

Guest Humble Pie

I am often amazed that the attonment has any power at all. What is it exactley that says Jesus can some how pay the price for our sins? If I bump into you and accidentally knock you down the person next to me cant aplogize for what I did. But somehow Jesus Christ can go before Heavenly Father and say "Forgive them, I have ransomed them". There is something to this that I cant grasp. I love Christ and I love Him for his mercy and long suffering and his compassion. I just wish I had a better understanding of how it worked. How it really works.

How awsome are the ways of the Lord.

I am often amazed that the attonment has any power at all. What is it exactley that says Jesus can some how pay the price for our sins? If I bump into you and accidentally knock you down the person next to me cant aplogize for what I did. But somehow Jesus Christ can go before Heavenly Father and say "Forgive them, I have ransomed them". There is something to this that I cant grasp. I love Christ and I love Him for his mercy and long suffering and his compassion. I just wish I had a better understanding of how it worked. How it really works.

How awsome are the ways of the Lord.

The power is all in the Blood shed on Calvary by Jesus for us. It just pure selfless Love.

Remember, Father Loved us first as well, that is why CHRIST was sent. Love is the strongest force in the universe.

1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

Also, in forsensics blood covers all, so whatever is under the blood can't be seen anymore.

Howver, if you attempt to wash blood away using cleaners or bleach, or even paint over blood, it will always come up when luminol, a chemical that detects blood, is put on the surface and an ultraviolet light is shined on it.

Wow this is too kool. I had to come back and add some more.

I had been looking at verses from Hebrews 9 that speak about the blood of Christ and The Lord wanted me to post this, but since I was tired I figured I would just post what I had and go to sleep.

So I was checking my emails before signing off and saw that my daily verse email was in the box.

And low and behold here is today's verse:

He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves;

but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own

blood, having obtained eternal redemption. The blood of

goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those

who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are

outwardly clean. How much more, then, will the blood of

Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself

unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that

lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

Hebrews 9:12-14

This is how it really works. :)